Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Devilaz

Samsung La37r81b

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

juz got my 2 sets today on time. delivery was on time. didnt see any noticeable dead pixels.

however, there were noticeable 'waves' or noise on channel 5 and 8 (using standard tv/fm box). other channels were normal and clear. does anyone have this problem too? hmm, later in the day i will try with scv box and different cables and try to rectify.

Hi,

I oso got my R81 recently. Got it @$2999 (along with the freebies) and extended warranty of another 2 yrs from BEST.

Din check for dead pixels (how to check?) but there is noticeable waves and on all channels. Din get the HD box though. What u can is to lower the contrast and sharpness. It helps for my case.

Wall plug are in analog, so u will tend to see waves on it. Just fix it to ur digital box and then connect to LCD u will see the different effect already.

I got waves on Channel 5 & 8 too, dun have digital box. BUt i change and adjust the cable a bit, better now. Tot of buying a TV signal booster, will it help? Other channels are clear n ok.

Hi,

I oso got my R81 recently. Got it @$2999 (along with the freebies) and extended warranty of another 2 yrs from BEST.

Din check for dead pixels (how to check?) but there is noticeable waves and on all channels. Din get the HD box though. What u can is to lower the contrast and sharpness. It helps for my case.

nice deal tho. since u got it recently, look out for any defects and dead pixels. i understand u can 1 to 1 exchange within 7 days. after that will be under repair warranty.

dead pixels can be pretty obvious while watching i.e 'glowing stars'. otherwise there's a dp test program which u can dl and install into notebook, connect via pc port and give it a test. look out for 'clouds' especially the corners. if all these pass, sit back and enjoy.

im quite fussy about picture and audio quality. so i guess i have to try with scv analog and digital boxes to see the diff, rather than tone down the contrast. not sure if the provided RF/ TV cable is any gd quality. i will update after i've done my tests.

Wall plug are in analog, so u will tend to see waves on it. Just fix it to ur digital box and then connect to LCD u will see the different effect already.

yea that's the common understanding. however, i find it strange why juz channel 5 and 8 have this 'wavy' problem. suria, channel news asia and kids central(especially) are pretty sharp and clear. some people told me itz 'intentional' if u know what i mean. :dunno:

I got waves on Channel 5 & 8 too, dun have digital box. BUt i change and adjust the cable a bit, better now. Tot of buying a TV signal booster, will it help? Other channels are clear n ok.

i think we have the same problem. other than the living room, i tested the mbr tv also similiar problem. will let u know once i find clues.

tv signal booster helps a little. there's another device which can reduce noise for audio and video. some audiophiles swear by this device which can be found in adelphi. itz not cheap tho.

Hi,

My CRT TV oso have waves in my bedroom. More apparent on CH5 & 8 while the others seems ok. From my observation when I was meddling around

1. Signal output boxes wear/tear quality.

2. Signal output boxes - Splitting the signal with a two way splitter deterioates the quality due to insufficient electric pulses

3. Get a better quality CATV cable (the antenna cable) - this one got oso different category. the thicker type the better i think the class it in R something and R5 grade or above is better or sumthing like dat.

I tried changing these for a LCD TV and noises and waves are minimise tremendously. Hope it helps.

Hi,

My CRT TV oso have waves in my bedroom. More apparent on CH5 & 8 while the others seems ok. From my observation when I was meddling around

1. Signal output boxes wear/tear quality.

2. Signal output boxes - Splitting the signal with a two way splitter deterioates the quality due to insufficient electric pulses

3. Get a better quality CATV cable (the antenna cable) - this one got oso different category. the thicker type the better i think the class it in R something and R5 grade or above is better or sumthing like dat.

I tried changing these for a LCD TV and noises and waves are minimise tremendously. Hope it helps.

today did a simple test. swopping the provided tv cable (that came with the new 32" and 40" samsungs) to my old crt cable. picture has no waves or distortion. very slight pixelization on some tv dramas. did experiment on 3 different tv, same results thus conclusion is that the supplied tv cables do sux.

hi everyone juz to share, i juz bought my 40" R81 for $2949 with 5 years warranty, plus Samsung gifts A+C or B+C or 300 robinson voucher. addition, bought a 32" S81 for $1199 same with 5 years warranty and 150 voucher.

whoopee, new 'toys' to play in a few days time :dunno: .

hi fungamer. can you send me where and who did u liase with for the deal? i am very interested in the 40" R81.

hi fungamer. can you send me where and who did u liase with for the deal? i am very interested in the 40" R81.

That was a pre-PC-Show promotion - now no more such deals already.

But I am sure after the pc show, with all the over-stock, there should be another sale again. Do wait for awhile lor, electronics' prices always go down, never go up.

That was a pre-PC-Show promotion - now no more such deals already.

But I am sure after the pc show, with all the over-stock, there should be another sale again. Do wait for awhile lor, electronics' prices always go down, never go up.

Just got mine from a neighborhood store. New promotion for this TV is the same. Voucher, HTS or Starhub HD TV Set top box + subscription. Price is definitely lower than in PC show.

Just got mine from a neighborhood store. New promotion for this TV is the same. Voucher, HTS or Starhub HD TV Set top box + subscription. Price is definitely lower than in PC show.

What size did you buy and how much? Thanks...

hi everyone juz to share, i juz bought my 40" R81 for $2949 with 5 years warranty, plus Samsung gifts A+C or B+C or 300 robinson voucher. addition, bought a 32" S81 for $1199 same with 5 years warranty and 150 voucher.

whoopee, new 'toys' to play in a few days time :dunno: .

Hi fungamer,

Kindly PM me the details too.. Thanks!