Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Tom Liu

PVC decking brings beauty and warmth to homes

Installing PVC decking in your house gives any family a sense of class and tradition. PVC decking is known to last for years, even longer than most of us. If handled properly, high-quality PVC decking can be used for about 50 years.

Just the other day, I was helping one of my clients redecorate his old PVC decking. It's really beautiful, though it's quite a lot of work, and it's worth it. This is the original floor of the building, so I guess it's about 70 years old. The wood fill section is the most difficult part because it was not properly reworked with the previous owners. However, if properly maintained, the building can last another 30 years.

Why PVC decoration?

The main reason many people like PVC decking is that they don't collect and capture allergens, bacteria, dust and other harmful substances as carpet does. You can also have mold, where the moisture is present or past. With so many people now needing oxygen or other people having allergies, I'm surprised that so many people have this condition in their own homes.

I understand. If you can't afford new PVC decking, that's another story. Many people can afford high-quality PVC decking, which is the best choice for them. No matter how rich or happy you are, if your health is not affected.

If I think my family has respiratory problems or allergies or may have them in the future, I would choose a good PVC decking. I recommend a high-quality PVC decking, so you never have to replace them, and you have to go through the hassle and expense before you spend years trying to improve them.

If you choose better quality wood, it now costs just a few dollars more per foot, rather than 10 years or so, if you choose cheaper wood. In addition, whether you choose a high-quality PVC decking or a cheaper one, the price of labor is usually the same.

PVC-Decking.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request