Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Outside your boundary? If you say it’s from scv/ StarHub, then it will be where the lead-in coaxial cable for your property is tapping to. However it may not be just for your house and might be serving a few households. Currently cable services are until 30 June 2019. You can try contacting StarHub to see if they are willing to remove that after that date. But chances is unlikely unless IMDA requires them to remove all the cable infrastructure around Singapore which will cost millions of dollars. 

The most updated regulations does not require any coaxial cables in the lead-in pipes anymore. Even coaxial cabling in household shelter is no longer needed as well. However IMDA still requires every house to have internal coaxial cables being run even when there is no lead in coaxial cable. But I managed to obtain a waiver for the coaxial cabling by indicating that I would be providing additional cat 6 network points in place of the coaxial cables

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, snoozee said:

Outside your boundary? If you say it’s from scv/ StarHub, then it will be where the lead-in coaxial cable for your property is tapping to. However it may not be just for your house and might be serving a few households. Currently cable services are until 30 June 2019. You can try contacting StarHub to see if they are willing to remove that after that date. But chances is unlikely unless IMDA requires them to remove all the cable infrastructure around Singapore which will cost millions of dollars. 

The most updated regulations does not require any coaxial cables in the lead-in pipes anymore. Even coaxial cabling in household shelter is no longer needed as well. However IMDA still requires every house to have internal coaxial cables being run even when there is no lead in coaxial cable. But I managed to obtain a waiver for the coaxial cabling by indicating that I would be providing additional cat 6 network points in place of the coaxial cables

snoozee, thank you for the input.  Will try to contact StarHub.

Yeah, I agree that you call up Starhub and check. That is the best. 

I assume that the box is in a public area. So moving the box might affect the residents around the area. Furthermore, if it is built on a public area then I'm sure prior approval was sought from the relevant authority.

But hey, thanks for bringing this up. 

• Like 1

On 4/15/2019 at 4:48 PM, Zee Noor said:

Yeah, I agree that you call up Starhub and check. That is the best. 

I assume that the box is in a public area. So moving the box might affect the residents around the area. Furthermore, if it is built on a public area then I'm sure prior approval was sought from the relevant authority.

But hey, thanks for bringing this up. 

Will do, thank you. 

On 4/15/2019 at 2:48 PM, cymon said:

snoozee, thank you for the input.  Will try to contact StarHub.

Hi Cymon, I am having this problem too. Can you share if you manage to remove the box? Who did you write to?

8 hours ago, A1677 said:

Hi Cymon, I am having this problem too. Can you share if you manage to remove the box? Who did you write to?

Write to StarHub or IMDA

15 hours ago, snoozee said:

Write to StarHub or IMDA

Hi snoozee, i had the same thoughts but interested to know if anyone managed to move the box? Mine is right besides my driveway that I am thinking to expand. 

7 hours ago, A1677 said:

Hi snoozee, i had the same thoughts but interested to know if anyone managed to move the box? Mine is right besides my driveway that I am thinking to expand. 

If the box is on a planting strip which is between you and your neighbor’s property and this planting strip has a length of just 6m, then you won’t be able to make your driveway/gate wider also. 
So better check if you are able to widen your driveway/gate first before writing in to see if the box can be removed/relocated