Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
iamracoon

Vacuuming Robots

Hi, didn't know such things exist until I happen to see this thread. really suah gu. Thank you!:) If it's really good as it sounds, I think I may get one. I hate picking up my fallen hairs everyday! Will be going to Tampines Court this weekend to check it out. I got lost in between the thread. So which model is the reasonably the best? Red one is a no-no right?

the red one is good, except it comes with 7hr charger and no homebase. In other words, it will take 7 hrs to charge everytime. If no homebase, it can't return to homebase to charge "by itself" if batt is low. Other than that, it works exactly the same as scheduler and discovery. Except the latter two models have other features which I think not necessary lah.

If you want to buy red, buy locally. It is cheaper. If you want to buy discovery or scheduler, buy from USA. :jawdrop:

Hi guys,

to all of you Scooba users, which solution do you use with it? You know, since the Clorox Scooba Solution is not available here.

Thanks!

Use Hein vinegar but i don't like the smell. You can import clorox from irobot, it works out to be approx S$16 per bottle. Quite ex hor.

where can i buy the scooba locally?

am thinking of purchasing it from amazon.. any1 also thinking of getting it? can share share the shipping costs.

if you buy from irobot locally, it cost you $1200!

Buy from amazon or irobot, it is cheaper that way. But local reseller will not honour the warranty if you buy overseas.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Any bros know whether Roomba Red comes with front swivel castor wheel that is gentle with the flooring?

Nope.

Actually roomba will only scratch the wax off the marble floor...even if you clean the floor with conventional vacuum cleaner, it will also cause hairline scratches. If you have ceramic or homogenous tiles, no problem lah.

Nope.

Actually roomba will only scratch the wax off the marble floor...even if you clean the floor with conventional vacuum cleaner, it will also cause hairline scratches. If you have ceramic or homogenous tiles, no problem lah.

How about my laminated flooring? :notti: shouldn't be a problem, rite?

How about my laminated flooring? :) shouldn't be a problem, rite?

bro, laminated flooring no problem! it is scratch resistance. One of my friends used scooba on laminated flooring! scary man. I told him not too cos scooba left trail of water after every cleaning. I afraid the water will sip into the flooring and the wood may warp. He used it for 8 months and nothing happen. He is very happy with it. I used on my parquet flooring and no problem. It is **** good on ceramic and homogenous tiles...my kitchen and toilets nvr so clean before :)

I just ordered a 4260 (black color) from irobot website last week for a friend and there is no stock. Have to wait for at least 1-2 months. Two more guys in this forum also ask me to get them 4260, 4230 and scooba 5800. You see if you want to buy together. PM me if you are interested. You go to irobot www.irobot.com to check the price and tell me which one you want. Buy some filters as spares. You need it later. I will ask my friend in california to get it for me. If you are buying other models, get it from amazon is cheaper. If you are buying high end models, get it from irobot. My advice is always look at the real stuffs on how it works and how effective it is before buying. It is not cheap leh. Later buy liow, don't like it how? But so far, no complaints.

The only problem i face with scooba is the clorox. Local reseller doesn't carry as well. Import from USA is v ex on shipping. Basically you are shipping liquid! I experiement different cleaning liquid like detol, fairprice clorox all no gd. too foamy and jam the valve at times.

For the charger, I can mod for you guys. But you have to go down to sim lim tower to buy the components as mentioned in my earlier post. Bring it to my place, I solder it on the spot. Less than 15mins job :)

Just side track, I came to this forum to look for a contractor. I want to renovate my mum's 3rm hdb. Anybody has any good contractors to recommend? PM me...dun discuss here...later kena scolding.

Edited by kohsw88

bro, laminated flooring no problem! it is scratch resistance. One of my friends used scooba on laminated flooring! scary man. I told him not too cos scooba left trail of water after every cleaning. I afraid the water will sip into the flooring and the wood may warp. He used it for 8 months and nothing happen. He is very happy with it. I used on my parquet flooring and no problem. It is **** good on ceramic and homogenous tiles...my kitchen and toilets nvr so clean before :yamseng:

I just ordered a 4260 (black color) from irobot website last week for a friend and there is no stock. Have to wait for at least 1-2 months. Two more guys in this forum also ask me to get them 4260, 4230 and scooba 5800. You see if you want to buy together. PM me if you are interested. You go to irobot www.irobot.com to check the price and tell me which one you want. Buy some filters as spares. You need it later. I will ask my friend in california to get it for me. If you are buying other models, get it from amazon is cheaper. If you are buying high end models, get it from irobot. My advice is always look at the real stuffs on how it works and how effective it is before buying. It is not cheap leh. Later buy liow, don't like it how? But so far, no complaints.

The only problem i face with scooba is the clorox. Local reseller doesn't carry as well. Import from USA is v ex on shipping. Basically you are shipping liquid! I experiement different cleaning liquid like detol, fairprice clorox all no gd. too foamy and jam the valve at times.

For the charger, I can mod for you guys. But you have to go down to sim lim tower to buy the components as mentioned in my earlier post. Bring it to my place, I solder it on the spot. Less than 15mins job :D

Just side track, I came to this forum to look for a contractor. I want to renovate my mum's 3rm hdb. Anybody has any good contractors to recommend? PM me...dun discuss here...later kena scolding.

Hi Kohsw88 quite interested in this irobot vacuum can I also order from you 4260, what is the price range including the product & shipping cost. Can 4260 model vacuum the whole floor area of let's say a 5 room flat excluding the rooms & kitchen? Need some advice thanks.

Wow, kogsw88 bro, I guess your 'order list' for this irobot is getting longer! You sure your friend don't mind ah?? Sekali he kana checked by customs and make him pay GST...hehe...

Hi Kohsw88 quite interested in this irobot vacuum can I also order from you 4260, what is the price range including the product & shipping cost. Can 4260 model vacuum the whole floor area of let's say a 5 room flat excluding the rooms & kitchen? Need some advice thanks.

Hi...you go to www.irobot.com. Add those items you want into the cart and click checkout to see the total price. I suggest you buy roomba replenish kit at USD29.99. 4260 is USD349.99. I think there is 10% discount for accessories. Shipping from vpost to Sing is approx S$55-60 for one roomba.

If you are talking about the living room, defintely no problem. It is all depend on the battery.The battery can last for more than 1hr before it goes back to homebase for charging. You should go to Courts to see the demo, it is quite interesting. Remember to place your homebase in a "strategic" location so that your roomba can "see" the homebase. Basically it is using InfraRed to detect the homebase. If your roomba is working in the bedrm and your homebase is in the living room, and the batt went flat, the roomba won't be able to go back to charge. It is not that intelligent yet. Only electrolux trilobite has a bigger brain to do that. I hope it helps. Anybody wana try trilobite? Can get it at USD550 from amazon.

Wow, so far 5 ppl want to buy 4260. I hope you guys don't mind waiting, cos it will take a long time to reach becos currently no stock.

Wow, kogsw88 bro, I guess your 'order list' for this irobot is getting longer! You sure your friend don't mind ah?? Sekali he kana checked by customs and make him pay GST...hehe...

Bro, I saw your pm on the contractor, thanks. I will call the mediacorp artistes...haha

Actually I am going to USA this Aug with my family to meet him for holiday. I think after seeing this long list, he will not want to see me... :yamseng: He is a student study PHD, so quite free...haha

He told me USPS shipping is v simple. Just a phone call away. Irobot will ship to his place and he calls USPS to pick it up. USPS will come in 1hr. I wonder whether we have such service in singapore?

oh ya, regarding GST, it is included in the shipping. Vpost will look at the invoice and charge shipping&GST.

Edited by kohsw88

But after purchasing how about the charger you said you can mod for us, why do we need to do that? For those replenish kit or accessories cannot buy from singapore irobot?

Sorry, are we going to get courier or shipping companies to send it back to us? Sorry got confused, cuz earlier I thought going to ask someone's friend to bring it back via handcarry...

But after purchasing how about the charger you said you can mod for us, why do we need to do that? For those replenish kit or accessories cannot buy from singapore irobot?

the charger is 110v. You can't use it in Singapore. Singapore rating is 230-240V.

You can get the accessories from local reseller but they will charge you double. This is because you don't buy the roomba from them :)

Sorry, are we going to get courier or shipping companies to send it back to us? Sorry got confused, cuz earlier I thought going to ask someone's friend to bring it back via handcarry...

zirhk, are you referring to me on the handcarry? I did not say I will handcarry any back from USA leh...did I huh? sorry if i did... :D

Edited by kohsw88

zirhk, are you referring to me on the handcarry? I did not say I will handcarry any back from USA leh...did I huh? sorry if i did... :~

Not sure leh...or is it surge's friend?? :D

Sorry confused by all these posts liao... :)

Not sure leh...or is it surge's friend?? :D

Sorry confused by all these posts liao... :)

bro, my bad. I flooded this place....cheers. :~

kohsw88 You said there is no stock meaning on your trip or online purchase. Are you helping us to courier back at e same time assist us in modding the charger?