Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
iamracoon

Vacuuming Robots

scooba 350 costs USD399... hmm mebbi will get 5800 instead cos cheaper at USD273.

Edited by cornetto

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Becareful when getting this new model. The charger is a different one from the previous model and different battery pack as well.

Any details? Can still use the Newstar or Super 100W transformer if get the new model?

hmm.. me interested to get the scooba too.. maybe we can share the freight costs?

if order by vpost, you could tio GST, and total up, the freight cost can be as high as $120...

eg. for scooba 350,

Irobot selling = S$610 (US$399)

gst = $43

Vpost = $80 (Estimate)

Total cost will be abt $733

I would suggest you buy from gkrobots (http://www.gkrobots.com/), unless you have US friends to carry over for you.

The website selling at S$738, you save all the hassles plus 1 week warranty

Edited by cookie

i got a fren gg to boston, USA soon. but also find it easier to go thru gkrobots to get the scooba 350... cos not too much difference mah...

i got a fren gg to boston, USA soon. but also find it easier to go thru gkrobots to get the scooba 350... cos not too much difference mah...

My scooby doo work really well for me, the floor is cleaner and I can have more time nua on m sofa :curse:

But hor, the battery life is not long enough to clean the whole 5 room flat.. the battery went flat when it is cleaning the last room :sport-smiley-004:

My scooby doo work really well for me, the floor is cleaner and I can have more time nua on m sofa :curse:

But hor, the battery life is not long enough to clean the whole 5 room flat.. the battery went flat when it is cleaning the last room :sport-smiley-004:

Check with you, do I need to sweep the floor before using scooba? Coz I think i saw that it has some vacuuming function before cleaning.

Also, what about the cleaning solutions? Only clorox and plain water?

Depends on how dirty yr floor is. If its only dirt, then Scooba by itself is fine. If u have larger stuff like leaves, bread crumbs, etc., having a Roomba run through first helps.

Scooba 5800, 350, 380 can officially use Clorox or plain water. Unofficially, its been tested to work fine with floor cleaning solution like KiwiKleen, MagicClean, etc. Just make sure u control dosage as some of these solutions can cause excessive foaming.

Check with you, do I need to sweep the floor before using scooba? Coz I think i saw that it has some vacuuming function before cleaning.

Also, what about the cleaning solutions? Only clorox and plain water?

Your computation is based on buying from iRobot. You can find cheaper alternatives elsewhere. There's ecost, HSN, Amazon and even Ebay.

if order by vpost, you could tio GST, and total up, the freight cost can be as high as $120...

eg. for scooba 350,

Irobot selling = S$610 (US$399)

gst = $43

Vpost = $80 (Estimate)

Total cost will be abt $733

I would suggest you buy from gkrobots (http://www.gkrobots.com/), unless you have US friends to carry over for you.

The website selling at S$738, you save all the hassles plus 1 week warranty

oso contemplate buying from ebay, but scared will have probs leh...

Edited by cornetto

yup, just as RooRoo said, I did not vacuum b4 running the scooba, just pick off any big items eg paper, plastic.

In fact, I felt there some diff when deciding btw Roomba and Scooba. Choose which is suitable for u...

Scooba --> Floor REAL clean. But take note it is not hassle free, need monitor and supervise. Refill water, shift location, clean parts etc

Roomba --> Floor not as clean as Scooba, but is REALLY hassle free. Just throw the unit down and let it do its work. It will recharge itself when battery low..

That time I got my scooba 350 slightly below $500, bcos my wife's US colleague carry over for us, plus using a promo code which entitle 20% off and free ground shipping. Too bad the promo code expired liao.

I considering getting a Roomba next round.

Edited by cookie

oso contemplate buying from ebay, but scared will have probs leh...

I personally dun feel good getting from Ebay. Bcos an important part of the robot is battery, and it determine the performance and life of your unit. If Ebay selling an refurbished unit n you got an used battery, you would need to buy a replacement battery sooner...

Oh ya, saw in HWZ forum got ppl order thru Vpost and the unit kena stuck in US Vpost.. Becos they dun want to ship the battery!! Then how?? :bangwall:

I considering getting a Roomba next round.

You should lend me your Scooba and I lend you my Roomba. :thumbs up:

The Roomba is great. One round around the living room, and the bin is full of dog fur... then there's another compartment for smaller dust, and it's filled as well.

Anyway, I'm waiting for another offer to pop by and also waiting for people to post online their successful mod of the 500 series Roomba before getting another.

Oh ya, saw in HWZ forum got ppl order thru Vpost and the unit kena stuck in US Vpost.. Becos they dun want to ship the battery!! Then how??

I had no problems with VPostUSA leh.

Edited by dennyon