Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
LinDa

^urban Linda's Suburban Cove^

i think only 90% crease free le.. oso its not going to be crispily straight la i guess but i'm happy as long as its not crumpled.. haha.. but my hubby siao la, he says actually no point iron ma, u wear awhile then will be straight liao! keke..

hmmm, then i think i should get the novita ss19 with metal plate.. should be more effective.. the guy demostrate like super easy lor.. i guess it does needs some practise ba..

i used it until my hand tired... i tink i still prefer using the normal iron n ironing board... lol

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

HouseholdShelter.jpg

Planning to get the following shelving system from Ikea for my household shelter:

Anthonius for shoes only. Total cost : $97.50

65529_PE176915_S4.jpg

Stolmen for putting things. Total cost : $257.00

26001_PE110992_S4.jpg

I hope they will be durable. Don't expect lifetime la, good for 10 yrs I happy le. Most probably by that time, perhaps, I would have enough to 'renovate' my household shelter also. :bangwall:

Any comments?

p.s : not as per picture. using other parts of the system due to dimension constraints. if only i got the space lor. even kitchen one, i oso can only do 1 rack instead of 2 like in the picture which is so nic right!

Edited by LinDa

the colour on the label says dark brown lor.. but under normal lighting looks black, under spotlight looks brown.. it feels like suede..

i just called vincent to ask him abt it after i saw yr post.. hehe.. he says high chance of wat happen to yrs happening on mine but cheap things are not practical.. :dunno: if willing to spend $300 maybe can get a good quality one that will not peel.. :bangwall:

i will take note to be extra careful when handling it.. tks for yr advice!!

actually i'm hoping to find a pvc (leather lookalike) one instead.. anyone got any lobang??

yrs pvc?? vincent did mention he saw a leather alike one in ikea before but when i asked the ikea people, they say it could be the previous batch.. i went to tampines one and alexandra one, both is suede alike material lei.. lwhen u buy one?? ucky u!! can we swop?? :bleah:

Actually I saw one mirror at Courts.. the material is like PVC kind but the design is something like snake skin i tink.. not bad.. comes in brown and dark purple colour and 2 different sizes (big one almost same size as the IKEA one but thicker.... f I dun remember wrongly, its cheaper than IKEA one.. can go check it out if u dun mind the material..

We got the same mirror!:bleah:! HAHA...hmmm...u got my multiply? it is inside there... did i show to u before?

Actually I saw one mirror at Courts.. the material is like PVC kind but the design is something like snake skin i tink.. not bad.. comes in brown and dark purple colour and 2 different sizes (big one almost same size as the IKEA one but thicker.... f I dun remember wrongly, its cheaper than IKEA one.. can go check it out if u dun mind the material..

huh, courts also have? Hmm..i need another one..will go to courts and see...which courts?

i used it until my hand tired... i tink i still prefer using the normal iron n ironing board... lol

is it more tiring to use steam iron? i thought it'll be easier! hehe. i'm using the normal iron+ ironing board type and already feel its very tiring, so thinking of getting steam.. but after u say tiring to use steam then maybe i stick to the conventional iron liao lo.. :seeya:

yes but i think steam iron not 100% effective too.. at least thats wad my bridal boutique told me last time.

is it more tiring to use steam iron? i thought it'll be easier! hehe. i'm using the normal iron+ ironing board type and already feel its very tiring, so thinking of getting steam.. but after u say tiring to use steam then maybe i stick to the conventional iron liao lo.. :seeya:

yes but i think steam iron not 100% effective too.. at least thats wad my bridal boutique told me last time.

use ironing board not so tiring coz the hand moving left-right.. steam iron is up-down movement.. after some time confirm tired.

ohhh that's another consideration

but i find using normal iron tiring already

if steam iron more tiring then i still won't iron my clothes

same old same old :seeya:

same old same old :(

hehe.. yes i've been shopping for crease free blouses nowadays. sigh last time got mummy to iron for me :)

hehe.. yes i've been shopping for crease free blouses nowadays. sigh last time got mummy to iron for me :bleah:

haha same here, when shopping will find those skirts that are of softer material & crease free so that dun have to iron too long :)

same same. either i find those no need to iron ones or those looks nice crumpled ones

i got one dress that looks nice when crumple, one day i crazy and go iron the dress then wear to work. my colleagues all shocked coz they thought the dress is the kind supposed to be crumpled one :)

tks!! will check it out later at bt timah courts.. :P

We got the same mirror!:angry:! HAHA...hmmm...u got my multiply? it is inside there... did i show to u before?

huh, courts also have? Hmm..i need another one..will go to courts and see...which courts?

i chk out bt timah courts, if got i tell u ok! :)

i always get iron marks on my dresses and pants lor.. so i think steam will be better for me.. ;)

is it more tiring to use steam iron? i thought it'll be easier! hehe. i'm using the normal iron+ ironing board type and already feel its very tiring, so thinking of getting steam.. but after u say tiring to use steam then maybe i stick to the conventional iron liao lo.. :yamseng:

i think the holder itself is a bit heavier than a normal simple iron.. but if u r using steam iron already, with the water inside, i feel that its the same weight lei..

not 100% effective but no crease i super happy liao! keke.. :notti:

use ironing board not so tiring coz the hand moving left-right.. steam iron is up-down movement.. after some time confirm tired.

haha.. i convincing myself to take it as exercise! no more bye-bye arms! hello to tone arms! :D

same old same old :P

its faster le, time saving! :good: buy buy buy..

hehe.. yes i've been shopping for crease free blouses nowadays. sigh last time got mummy to iron for me :(

actually same here.. i oso buying blouses that need not hand wash can throw into washing machine.. hand wash must drip dry very ma fan lor.. make my floor wet somemore.. :P

haha same here, when shopping will find those skirts that are of softer material & crease free so that dun have to iron too long :notti:

tat's y i hardly wear shirts.. super troublesome to iron though wearing shirts with skirts are so nice.. :yamseng:

i got one dress that looks nice when crumple, one day i crazy and go iron the dress then wear to work. my colleagues all shocked coz they thought the dress is the kind supposed to be crumpled one :rofl:

:( u make me luff la! :lol:

Edited by LinDa

*ARGGGHHHHH* :) I finish typing a very long post and lost it due to some connection failure. :dunno: Forget about it, just photos then. :seeya:

Hair dryer.

07062007029.jpg

Problematic black glass kitchen cabinet door.

07062007031.jpg

Curtains material.

Photo_052707_001.jpg

Living
- Day + Night

Kitchen
- Roller

MBR
- Day + Night + String

Study/Wardrobe
- Day + Roman

Bedroom
- Roman

Curtains for study/wardrobe area.

Photo_060907_001.jpg

Edited by LinDa

Total spent at Lookz for my sanitary : S$4,319.32

1 x shower mixer

1 x shower set

2 x single towel bar

2 x paper holder

1 x rain shower set

1 x basin mixer

1 x franke soap dispenser

2 x semi-recessed basin

2 x pop-up waste

1 x sink mixer

1 x undermount sink + waste

1 x dish basket

3 x bottle trap

1 x teka oven

1 x teka hob

1 x teka hood

1 x 15L storage heater

Balance spent at other places for my sanitary : S$813.62

2 x wc (SSC)

1 x basin mixer (Sparco)

1 x shelf (SSC)

1 x hair dryer (SSC)

Finally got time to total up my sanitary costs now. :) I think I'm crazy to spend so much. Too impulsive. :furious:

Edited by LinDa

Total spent at Lookz for my sanitary : S$4,319.32

1 x shower mixer

1 x shower set

2 x single towel bar

2 x paper holder

1 x rain shower set

1 x basin mixer

1 x franke soap dispenser

2 x semi-recessed basin

2 x pop-up waste

1 x sink mixer

1 x undermount sink + waste

1 x dish basket

3 x bottle trap

1 x teka oven

1 x teka hob

1 x teka hood

1 x 15L storage heater

Balance spent at other places for my sanitary : S$813.62

2 x wc (SSC)

1 x basin mixer (Sparco)

1 x shelf (SSC)

1 x hair dryer (SSC)

Finally got time to total up my sanitary costs now. :) I think I'm crazy to spend so much. Too impulsive. :furious:

Worth it if you enjoy it at the end of the day, look at it this way the flat cost u over a quarter mil and u are goin to spend the next 20 /30 years paying for it, so why sweat on the necessities :furious:

When ur hse is done up and people come during housewarming and give u credits for it thats the time u know all is worthwhile.