Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bubblepearl

L-shaped Kitchen...my Door Will Knock To Another Door

I am pretty bad in drawing...however..i just realised one of the handles which is at my L-shape kitchen is knocking to another cabinet door...and it is gog to create more scratches and damage to another door...how how! :lol:

untitleddm1.th.png

Red refer to the cabinets doors and the black refer to the handles.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I am pretty bad in drawing...however..i just realised one of the handles which is at my L-shape kitchen is knocking to another cabinet door...and it is gog to create more scratches and damage to another door...how how! :)

untitleddm1.th.png

How about changing the position of the hinge to the left side... Instead of the door opening from the left, change so that it opens from the right. This will prevent the door from banging into the other one...But it might be a tight squeeze.. You could do it for both doors (change the hinge side) so that you have a wider excess to the corner cabinet??

if possible ask ur ID to take out the handle and make a non-handle drawer. Hope it helps. :)

Devilaz...can remove the handle now? the handle is drilling in liao leh...will there be a mark?

White affair..i will try and ask lor

How about changing to a slide-door?

For my current house, the other door also has a handle, so it is knocking onto the handle not the door -> no scrathes.

I am pretty bad in drawing...however..i just realised one of the handles which is at my L-shape kitchen is knocking to another cabinet door...and it is gog to create more scratches and damage to another door...how how! :dunno:

untitleddm1.th.png

This is a design fault. Usually, between L shape cabinet, one side of the cabinet should have at least 75mm allowance before the other door install. If the adjacent door do not have any allowance of less than 75mm, then it is a design fault. It is very complicated to convert casement door to sliding door. neither it is good to remove the handles as point 1 the screw holes are drilled and no way to patch on laminated finishes, point 2 do you think if you change on the particular door handle, will it look odd when the other handles are different?

I am pretty bad in drawing...however..i just realised one of the handles which is at my L-shape kitchen is knocking to another cabinet door...and it is gog to create more scratches and damage to another door...how how! :)

untitleddm1.th.png

Hi, i thought that all this details should be taken care by ID...

They shld have know this problem if they are experience enough.... :)

this is a old post. but i oso face tis problem. Mine worse. I dun even have handles yet my doors are knocking agst each other cos of the L shape.

Pls advise solutions and the appropriate allowance the doors sld be from each other. Thanks

this is a old post. but i oso face tis problem. Mine worse. I dun even have handles yet my doors are knocking agst each other cos of the L shape.

Pls advise solutions and the appropriate allowance the doors sld be from each other. Thanks

Do drawers one side?

get those small transparent rubbery looking square...to stick on the handles..as cushion.

well my cabinets do not have handles. hence, sticking on tat rubber protector is so obvious on the laminate. :(

Do drawers one side?

even with drawers on one side, when you open the other door, won't it hit the drawer?