Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
drycelll

Question Abt Aircon

Hi all..

gotten quotes both from AB and GC at imm for sys4 toshiba invertor..

1) AB - 3360/- + 150/- for bracket ( installation inlcuded, 1/2'' 23 swg copper pipe, 16mm diameter insulator rubber. class o insulation)

2) GC - 3380/- (installation inlcuded, 3/8'' 23 swg copper pipe, 16mm diameter insulator rubber, class 1 insulation)

will appreciate whichever is a better deal and a more reliable dealer?

another impt qns as my resale is a 15yr old flat, which according to the salesman at both AB and GC , is 8.5 amp but the requirment for sys4 toshiba is 11amp..so legally is NOT allowed???

the guy at AB said, as long as i don full blast the 4 FCU, i shd be safe, the most power tripped.. however, the guy at GC said i might be asked to dismantle if i "sway sway " kena the inspection by hdb..

any valuable advises? anyone here installed the aircon despite the failing the amp limit?

what are the other options? dwgrade to sys 3 can resolve the prob? really prefer the toshiba model.. as the AB salesman actualli said i can opt for mit sys4 will solve the prob as the condenser unit is of lower BTU and there is a safety valve to control the BTU within the limit?

kam siah alot to all who can advise....:notti:!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi all..

gotten quotes both from AB and GC at imm for sys4 toshiba invertor..

1) AB - 3360/- + 150/- for bracket ( installation inlcuded, 1/2'' 23 swg copper pipe, 16mm diameter insulator rubber. class o insulation)

2) GC - 3380/- (installation inlcuded, 3/8'' 23 swg copper pipe, 16mm diameter insulator rubber, class 1 insulation)

will appreciate whichever is a better deal and a more reliable dealer?

What are the BTUs for the respective air-cons?

another impt qns as my resale is a 15yr old flat, which according to the salesman at both AB and GC , is 8.5 amp but the requirment for sys4 toshiba is 11amp..so legally is NOT allowed???

It will be good to install 11amp for safety measure. Will never know when you want to switch all the air-cons when is required.

the guy at AB said, as long as i don full blast the 4 FCU, i shd be safe, the most power tripped.. however, the guy at GC said i might be asked to dismantle if i "sway sway " kena the inspection by hdb..

any valuable advises? anyone here installed the aircon despite the failing the amp limit?

Dont save just this few hundreds then as you mention caught by HDB. And will be fine in thousands or more.

what are the other options? dwgrade to sys 3 can resolve the prob? really prefer the toshiba model.. as the AB salesman actualli said i can opt for mit sys4 will solve the prob as the condenser unit is of lower BTU and there is a safety valve to control the BTU within the limit?

As im not sure where you want to install and the number of BTU required. Still the amps plays a very important role. Safety measure come first. Saving a few hundreds but in the end cost a big hole in ur pocket is indeed not worthwhile. :sport-smiley-004:

kam siah alot to all who can advise....:sport-smiley-004:!

hope it helps. :sport-smiley-004:

Hi Devilaz, thks for the pm..

thk u for your reply too..

i am sori to clarify as i actualli noe nuts abt aircon, basically read up from the aircon forum and went to AB and GC for quotes...based on the recommended installation requirement..

hence, i don quite understand abt the "amp" thingie..it seemed to me that toshiba sys 4 invertor required flats wif more than 11 amp capabilities to install? as ours is a > 15 yrs old flat, the sales guy said its only 8.5 amp, meaning our flat cant hv the sys 4? can onli install mit sys 4 as it has safety valve to switch off the condenser when it exceed the required amp? also mit sys 4 is onli 28000 BTU in total..whereas the toshiba sys 4 is 34000BTU in total..

so Delivaz, does it mean that i hv to install 11amp aircon for my flat? or 8.5 amp ? sori to ask such "blur blur" qns...

thks for your patience...

one more question..the AB guy said mitsu is made in thailand whereas toshiba is from japan... however..rem reading in sgbride that toshiba oso make in thailand? ...hmmm..how true?

anyone kind bro or sis here to explain abt the amp restriction in older flats? i very confused ley...even after reading thr all the aircon threads...help~~~~~~~~