Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Brainstorm

Dog Died In The House

hello mr chong,

sorry for this silly question !

My seller's big black dog , very big , like a bear.... happen to die recently in the flat i am going to buy.

Is there any thing i need to do ? will re-do the whole house once we take over !

And another question is that is it ok to lock my bicycle , 1 big, 2 small jus outside my main door, sort of perpendicular to my main door la but will not block but at the side?

Thanks

Edited by Brainstorm

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
hello mr chong,

sorry for this silly question !

My seller's big black dog , very big , like a bear.... happen to die recently in the flat i am going to buy.

Is there any thing i need to do ? will re-do the whole house once we take over !

And another question is that is it ok to lock my bicycle , 1 big, 2 small jus outside my main door, sort of perpendicular to my main door la but will not block but at the side?

Thanks

Hello brainstorm

It's alright. The dog has died upon its owner. It is a sign for him that troubles will follow.

You need to select good dates to move in and renovate. Any members of your family born in the year of the Dragon?

Stand at your door and give me the compass direction.

Hello brainstorm

It's alright. The dog has died upon its owner. It is a sign for him that troubles will follow.

You need to select good dates to move in and renovate. Any members of your family born in the year of the Dragon?

Stand at your door and give me the compass direction.

Hello Mr Chong ,

I will be getting my keys on the 11/6/07 , intend to start reno on the 13/6/07. can ?

My husband is cow , myself is rat , my elder son is snake and younger son is sheep.

My door should be facing north

Pls advise

Thank you

Hello Mr Chong ,

I will be getting my keys on the 11/6/07 , intend to start reno on the 13/6/07. can ?

My husband is cow , myself is rat , my elder son is snake and younger son is sheep.

My door should be facing north

Pls advise

Thank you

Hello Brainstorm

Pls bear in mind that by just giving the year of birth is not good enough.

During this period is not appropriate to do renovation. However, if you have to, use these dates: 25/6/07 and 4/7/07 starting at 3pm. 7/7/07 at 1pm. You should not be present during the reno, otherwise, skip the first day.

i'm puzzled. so whenever a pet dog dies, the owner will have bad luck?

I'm puzzled too..

like that I should adopt my dog liao huh?

I'm puzzled too..

like that I should adopt my dog liao huh?

Don't need to be puzzled.....

Let me explain again:

Bad luck sometimes can be fatal or impending tragedy. It can also mean some other unhappy trivial matters.

When a man rears a fish, dog and certain animals, some are able to help absorb on behalf of the owner. Mostly death will result. This is a sign. A sign that bad luck has strike.

HOWEVER, bad luck seldom comes in one. Most of the time it comes as a 'legion'. Therefore when a dog dies upon its owner (not an old dog of course), the owner have to watch out that more may be coming.

I myself rear 3 dogs at home ... As a dog lover as well as a Buddhist, I canot stay silent over this issue.

Death is a common point in all loving beings, no matter human or animals. It is very wrong to think that death only occurs to old dogs or old man, the Buddha taught impermance a important part of life that we ought to accept and view it with an open heart ...

Impermance strike anytime, anyplace on anyone of any age group ... It is such that impermance is so scary that no can can foresee, not even our Mr Chong here as well as me and you, that we have to be even more altruistic and active in living in our everydaylife, cause we wun know WHEN WILL DEATH KNOCK on our doors !

Death being a common point for all beings cannot be viewed as "dying for the owner, blocking away bad things or even taking death as in-auspicious"

Death should be treated with open heartness, without fear and most importantly, death is a celebration of life well lived ...

Would you like to see yr neighbours or frens regard the wake of yr loved one as inauspicious ?

Certianly, nobody does ...

Death of a dog should also be a celebration of life that he passes the realm of animals for a better rebirth.

No myths, no taboos ... kind thoughts is the most powerful "charm" to ward all things away.

I myself rear 3 dogs at home ... As a dog lover as well as a Buddhist, I canot stay silent over this issue.

Death is a common point in all loving beings, no matter human or animals. It is very wrong to think that death only occurs to old dogs or old man, the Buddha taught impermance a important part of life that we ought to accept and view it with an open heart ...

Impermance strike anytime, anyplace on anyone of any age group ... It is such that impermance is so scary that no can can foresee, not even our Mr Chong here as well as me and you, that we have to be even more altruistic and active in living in our everydaylife, cause we wun know WHEN WILL DEATH KNOCK on our doors !

Death being a common point for all beings cannot be viewed as "dying for the owner, blocking away bad things or even taking death as in-auspicious"

Death should be treated with open heartness, without fear and most importantly, death is a celebration of life well lived ...

Would you like to see yr neighbours or frens regard the wake of yr loved one as inauspicious ?

Certianly, nobody does ...

Death of a dog should also be a celebration of life that he passes the realm of animals for a better rebirth.

No myths, no taboos ... kind thoughts is the most powerful "charm" to ward all things away.

Hello

It is good to have some healthy discussion once a while. You strict views as a buddhist is respected. All religions such as Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, Taoism and etc each have their faith and place in time of history. And all are respected and revered by their own followers.

First of all, I just want to remind that this part of the forum is about Feng Shui. Again, how Buddhism view death is within their teachings and faith. Just like Christians believe that the second coming of Christ and the faithful will be raptured.

Since this is clear, I'll like to move on to the topic of death in the context of metaphysics. Of course, this is not to impose onto anyone.

Btw, my English is limited. What is the meaning of "impermance"? Or do you try to mean impermanence?

Let me first clarify something before I go on. "When a dog dies upon its owner (not an old dog of course)" does not mean that death natural death only occurs to old animals or beings. And unnatural deaths applys to the young dogs to take the rap. If it is read carefully, it did say, "some are able to help absorb....."

If this is clarified, let me touch on the topic of death within the context of metaphysics.

Limiting to life on Earth and not into other dimensions, life has its cycle. Just like the cycle of convection or the cycle of season. Actually death is a very wide , profound and interesting topic. Hope it is healthily discussed. At the moment I shall not expand into nothingness, the "existing state" and the "state of conciousness".

Why in Bazhi, a life can be read? This is because there's destiny. Some people will call it fated. But the proper word I believe is destiny. It is written on the day one is born. A good Bazhi master will not only be able to read into the future but also into the past of the enquirer. If the past can be read, then certain part of the life was destined.

Some of you may ask, isn't it a bit too incredulous to have life predestined. Shouldn't life be controllable by itself rather than organised chaos?

Humans are just a speck of dust on the earth and immeasurable in the vast state of the Universe. A full moon can already cause the tides, thus the effects of the Sun and the stars upon the Earth. Therefore humans are subject to such effects. Some people will call the source of these effects different energies while others call it "Qi".

Under normal circumstances, natural death is a part of the cycle. And according to destiny. There is also unnatural death according to destiny. However, there is another called "interception". For example, death comes about due to heavy encounter of unexpected or unforseen "Sha Qi" or as we called it earlier "bad luck" or bad energies. This is a breaking of a cycle. In which some masters are also using "interception" for the good. They "try" to break the cycle of bad luck or imminent death. Well, i use the word "try" cause not many masters can do it.

Therefore, death most of the time can be also read from the Bazhi. I don't claim to be that sharp as compared to some great masters. Even some young practitioners who have practised for a few years are better than I am.

Here I encourage some old forumers can volunteer to put forth the DOB(with time) of a close family member who is alive and another who was dead. i'll try to show that its possible to read which one already died and the year of death.

Yes, I agree that death is a celebration of life well lived for the aged but if one is to realistically look around, there are millions of people who died unwillingly and unexpectedly. Look at those who staved to death in poor countries. Look at those who died in disaster and tragedies. Those who died through diseases like Sars and malaria. Accidental deaths and murders. If you were to ask them, they will not celebrate. Early deaths were not what they wanted. A recent tragedy in Japan was the mother who had her head chopped off by her teenage son.

In Chinese metaphysics, if one is to be exposed to continuous bad or harmful Qi, it can even result death. Again within the context of Feng Shui, not all dogs or arrowana fishes will take the rap for their owner. It usually occurs when there has become a very close or special bonding.

A dog may be predestined in the life of the owner or maybe an "interception".

enci, your faith in buddhism is respected and I hope the same you'll also respect the the practises of Feng Shui practitioners.

PS. I saw some "hex" and & signs in some of your other post. Could you kindly explain what you were writing?

Again, thanks for your views.

I have no qualms over practises in fengshui ... as i mentioned, the only problem that lies with fengshui is that many "masters" keeps on getting Buddha images, buddhist icons etc into the fengshui arena.

good example, 缘中秀 .. hey man ... when did Buddha statues become 佛基 can fengshui guys just leave Buddhism out of the fengshui afflication ???? I do understand Fengshui although claims to be non religious but yet is commonly afflicated to beliefs with Taoism and chinese folks beliefs ... as fot taking rap for owner's death ... defintely a No n buddhist belief ... we all handle our lives and Kamma but if u r lookin at a non budhist view, i have no qualms i am not here to do religious spamming but to protect my faith being misused.'

First of all, I just want to remind that this part of the forum is about Feng Shui. Again, how Buddhism view death is within their teachings and faith. Just like Christians believe that the second coming of Christ and the faithful will be raptured.

Mr Chong has made it clear enough, nope?

Gentle reminder.. kindly refrain fm getting personal, everyone is entitle to their express their own view. Keep an open mind & respect each other pt of view. Ref. to 3 (b) MEMBER CONDUCT IN FORUMS.. thanks, JuzChris

Edited by JuzChris

Yeah ... that is WHY i am HERE to tell our dear FENGSHUI masters to spare BUDDHISM off their menu list .. since Fengshui is fengshui .. Buddhism is Buddhism ... and placement of Buddhist statues are purely Buddhist affairs not fengshui issues ...

Gentle reminder.. kindly refrain fm getting personal, everyone is entitle to their express their own view. Keep an open mind & respect each other pt of view. Ref. to 3 (b) MEMBER CONDUCT IN FORUMS.. thanks, JuzChris

Edited by JuzChris

Yeah ... that is WHY i am HERE to tell our dear FENGSHUI masters to spare BUDDHISM off their menu list .. since Fengshui is fengshui .. Buddhism is Buddhism ... and placement of Buddhist statues are purely Buddhist affairs not fengshui issues ...

Hi,

I hope to share my personal point of view in this discussion.

From what little I understand, Fengshui is a series of ways or methods to harmonize ourselves with the surrounds to achieve good health, peace, prosperity etc etc in our lives. A large part of FS involve symbolism.

Since Buddha is an ultimate "icon" (sorry if it seems offensive) of peace, compassion, enlightenment etc. What FS wants to achieve is to bring what Buddha symbolizes into the home.

Ultimately, its all abt the occupants. For they may be buddhist or have tons of Buddha's statues, but if they do not practice Buddha's teachings, then it is wasted. On the other hand, a free thinker who lives along Buddha's teachings may reap the benefits of having a Buddha's statue at home.

Feel free to comment and many cheers.

PS..sorry long post and bad English

Edited by Nic

Hi,

I hope to share my personal point of view in this discussion.

From what little I understand, Fengshui is a series of ways or methods to harmonize ourselves with the surrounds to achieve good health, peace, prosperity etc etc in our lives. A large part of FS involve symbolism.

Since Buddha is an ultimate "icon" (sorry if it seems offensive) of peace, compassion, enlightenment etc. What FS wants to achieve is to bring what Buddha symbolizes into the home.

Ultimately, its all abt the occupants. For they may be buddhist or have tons of Buddha's statues, but if they do not practice Buddha's teachings, then it is wasted. On the other hand, a free thinker who lives along Buddha's teachings may reap the benefits of having a Buddha's statue at home.

Feel free to comment and many cheers.

PS..sorry long post and bad English

Well, but what we seems nowadays are that "fengshui masters" are starting to dabble into "kai Guang" and placement areas for Buddha statues and worst of all they r dabbling into religious areas acting like a clergy instead of keeping to their own fengshui practises.

since fengshui is about harmonizing blah blah blah ... what has fengshui masters got to do with advice on PRAYERS to the EARTH ? and DOOR OPENING PRAYERS ?? etc etc ...

I din noe that fengshui is about praying now .... the line btw fengshui n religion is so blur that these "masters" starts crossing over the religious "authority" .

Fengshui masters should adhere to the practises n faith of their clients, mayit be Buddhist, Taoists, or Christians ... dun tell me.. fengshui master gonna start blessing the statue of Mother Mary and Jesus on the cross ???? or even fengshui masters starts to bless the Holy Quran ?

pardon for the straightforwardness...

Homage to Lord Buddha !

Well, but what we seems nowadays are that "fengshui masters" are starting to dabble into "kai Guang" and placement areas for Buddha statues and worst of all they r dabbling into religious areas acting like a clergy instead of keeping to their own fengshui practises.

since fengshui is about harmonizing blah blah blah ... what has fengshui masters got to do with advice on PRAYERS to the EARTH ? and DOOR OPENING PRAYERS ?? etc etc ...

I din noe that fengshui is about praying now .... the line btw fengshui n religion is so blur that these "masters" starts crossing over the religious "authority" .

Fengshui masters should adhere to the practises n faith of their clients, mayit be Buddhist, Taoists, or Christians ... dun tell me.. fengshui master gonna start blessing the statue of Mother Mary and Jesus on the cross ???? or even fengshui masters starts to bless the Holy Quran ?

pardon for the straightforwardness...

Homage to Lord Buddha !

You are right to say there are signs of "cross over" between religions. For example, my mother-in-law just past away, we engaged a monk to perform the rites and there was this particular rite he did to cleanse the house.

He told us that this cleansing actuallywas not necessary because since i'ts my MIL's spirit, she wont harm us. However, because the Taoist do it, people have questioned the monks why they dont do so (hence not value for $$). Therefore these days the monks perform this cleaning rites as well.

Ok go deeper into history and if I am not wrong, Fengshui was being practiced long before Buddhism was being spreaded into China and as the time goes by the line got blurred and overlapped.

Ancestorial worships, Fengshui, Taoism, Buddhism all influenced one another throughout the ages, resulting the way we see today.

Cheers