Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
emplifya

Rules on extending bathroom?

I know that the HDB guidelines state that you can only extend the bathroom by 600mm or 0.6msq, and only used as dry area.

Later on, I saw a couple of floor plans that actually extended the boundary of the bathroom more than 600mm out. One person actually commented that "the HDB guideline technically means: 600mm is the distance of your wash basin's pipehole to the original bathroom boundary". Meaning to say, as long as the piping of the wash basin is within 600mm distance of the original bathroom boundary, you can build the new walls however big as you want.

Can anybody confirm this?

Attaching my floor plan for reference

700241771_oldvsnew.jpg.aad4b17e72d6ae0124f28a64c69c600f.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hey emplifya,

Going through the same thing with me reno now. Did uou manage to get a confirmation for the above and what did you do for your house in the end? Would greatly appreciate your response aa I will be extending my bathroom.

Thanks

On 6/24/2019 at 11:32 PM, emplifya said:

I know that the HDB guidelines state that you can only extend the bathroom by 600mm or 0.6msq, and only used as dry area.

Later on, I saw a couple of floor plans that actually extended the boundary of the bathroom more than 600mm out. One person actually commented that "the HDB guideline technically means: 600mm is the distance of your wash basin's pipehole to the original bathroom boundary". Meaning to say, as long as the piping of the wash basin is within 600mm distance of the original bathroom boundary, you can build the new walls however big as you want.

Can anybody confirm this?

Attaching my floor plan for reference

700241771_oldvsnew.jpg.aad4b17e72d6ae0124f28a64c69c600f.jpg

Considering to do the same thing too. Did you extend your bathroom at the end? 

In fact, the size of the bathroom is not as important as its interior. The bathroom can be spacious, but due to the wrong design, it will look much smaller. For example, when I was doing repairs in my apartment, I decided to first develop a bathroom design myself and then consult with the designers. My designer was just outraged by the proposed idea, as my plan looked terrible. It is good that I decided to contact the designer, as he provided me with a stylish design and advised me to buy all the fashionable elements for the bathroom on Cruze.