Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ScottJ

Glass guard and handrail..

Hey, this is my first post on this forum. Hope I'm at the right category.
I accidentally broke our glass handrail. Actually, it isn't completely broken, yet it has a severe scratch, which can tempt to a crack soon! I only require a piece of glass guard with rounded corners, I haven't measured the size, but I can provide with further information if needed. 
My friend Tom is renovating his home, currently, he is working on his bathroom installation. So I called him to get help from the custom glass company he is working with. Actually, I wanted to know the estimated cost of replacing the snapped portion of the glass guard (Product and installation charge).  They said they can tell the exact price only after inspecting the weakness! Like, if the defect is minor, they will fix it instead of installing a new one. I hope they will be coming home the day after tomorrow.
Today, I have done a bit of online reading and found a few impressive DIY guard glass changing videos.I'm not sure the replacing process is as easy as the video, but I think I should give it a try! Yeah, I can get the glass piece from any company, maybe from the one suggested by Tom. Before heading into it, I just want to make sure it is possible or not! We all know most of the online DIY tutorials are a scam, probably won't work the way they have shown. I hope you will be able to guide me on this.

Edited by ScottJ

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation