Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Norman Ng

My Mancave - 2Rm Type 1 (35sqm) HDB BTO post renovation musings

A new addition to the Mancave. I found the old map a little small and underwhelming. This beautiful wooden map really turns this section of the living room into a feature wall, and reminds me that the world is a lot bigger than we are made to believe during this Covid travel restrictions. 

Stay safe everyone, and keep positive!

File_000 (3).jpeg

• Like 2

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hello, thanks for sharing. I would like to ask a question regarding air-conditioning. Since you removed the sliding door partition, do you need to switch on both air-cons in order to have sufficient cooling? say for example if weather very hot at night so need to turn on air-con to sleep

I have 2 air conditioning units installed only because the price difference is not great between one unit and two. And it gets pretty warm in the gaming room as my computer gets going powering my games. But it gets quite cool in the evenings and the flat is small so it doesn't take much to cool it down even if you have one installed, especially if it's in the room that you sleep in. 

Great setup you have there! I'm a new home owner looking also to turn the shelter into a wardrobe. The IDs I spoke to all adviced against it because of high humidity and bad ventilation. Has it been an issue for you so far?

15 hours ago, Emorcen said:

Great setup you have there! I'm a new home owner looking also to turn the shelter into a wardrobe. The IDs I spoke to all adviced against it because of high humidity and bad ventilation. Has it been an issue for you so far?

Hi Emorcen! Congrats on your new home! 

Honestly I have personally not had any problem with humidity although I've had people tell me that that is the exception. I'm not sure if it's because I'm at a relatively high floor or something else. I find that I do turn on the AC quite a bit and the cool air tends to linger in there so maybe that helps. Do you find your shelter to be hotter/more humid when you walk in most of the time?

I bought a hygrometer and the humidity inside seems to be the same as out. Wondering if installing fans at the ventilation ports can help? And if the door can be permanently removed hahaha

If you don't keep any wet things in the closet like mops and stuff, it shouldn't be any more humid than outside. I actually thought about installing a fan before but honestly I haven't felt like I needed it during my 2 year stay here. Everything is nice and dry in there for me.