Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jimmyljm

Electronic wall timer for Storage heater

Hi 

I am looking for a digital timer wall switch that control my storage heater. Mainly to turn it on and off on desire time. 

I saw online there may be concern as water heater are of high watts, will need high capacity breaker etc, I have very limited knowledge on that.

My storage heater is still working fine, so will not consider replacing it to AOS as yet. 

are there any recommendation on the wall switch that i can get from?

thank you

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

check whether your storage heater has it's own dedicated MCCB in your switch box or not. if have and your switch box has extra space, can try to find a 20A timer and put in inline with the storage heater's MCCB so that you can configure the timer to turn on/off at the preset time(s).

Hey I was in the exact same situation just a year ago. I managed to find one on Taobao and buy it over EZBuy. You can read about it in my t-blog post here. Hope it's useful!

ah... yes.. its useful, thank you. however something i am concern about is a Amp. hmm i was told that we need 20 amp for the water storage heater switch. is the one you use able to take the current? 

I believe so but I recommend you get your electrician to take a look at the specs to confirm before you go ahead to purchase. That is what I did. If it helps, my storage water heater is a Joven 35l model. 

On 8/10/2019 at 10:11 PM, hdb4ever said:

I believe so but I recommend you get your electrician to take a look at the specs to confirm before you go ahead to purchase. That is what I did. If it helps, my storage water heater is a Joven 35l model. 

I'm oso using Joven (think it's 30l) & oso searching for timer & how to do it.  

Bro Hdb4ever, m keen to read your blog unfortunately dunno the link to it. 

Hi @Horchew my blog thread is in the second post of this thread.

What I bought over Taobao is still working well with my Joven, but nowadays there are smarter versions that let you do the timer setup using mobile app. There seems to be one sold on Carousell called desireeeeee - look at the 20A Smart WiFi switch.

On 11/14/2020 at 9:48 AM, hdb4ever said:

Hi @Horchew my blog thread is in the second post of this thread.

What I bought over Taobao is still working well with my Joven, but nowadays there are smarter versions that let you do the timer setup using mobile app. There seems to be one sold on Carousell called desireeeeee - look at the 20A Smart WiFi switch.

Thanks a million! Will search Carousel for desireee

21 hours ago, Horchew said:

Thanks a million! Will search Carousel for desireee

Oops just realised a typo in my previous post. I meant that the item is sold by username desireeeeee ?