Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Anzo Lim

GPAK Has Been Investigated by the Police

As the financial market with the most frequent transactions, the Forex market is favored by global investors due to its high efficiency, liquidity and flexibility. However, many illegal brokers also lurk around on this lucrative market, attracting investors with appealing yet misleading advertisement such asstarting trading with only US$5and speedy deposit and withdrawal, or promising investors so-called bonusfor successfully inviting others to open account at the platform. But behind the attractive high profitsclaimed by brokers, there are often great risks or even traps.

As one of the victims suffering such broker scams, Mr. Wang reported GPAK to WikiFX and shared his experience of being defrauded to warn other investors against the illegal Forex broker.

Event recap

I opened an account on GPAK in February, 2019 under the recommendation of a friend and made 2 deposits through Alipay. From February to June, I managed to make some profits which added up with the initial deposit to US$3,503.62.

I once contacted the customer service in April to withdraw, but was advised to wait, as he claimed my request won't be processed during the May Day holiday. On June 20th, I was informed that my application had been approved. But strangely enough, my trading account showed the application remained in process and I still didnt receive the money a week later. When I tried to log in my GPAK account, I found the website was no longer accessible and the customer service didn't reply any more.

Case study

First persuade investors to deposit through acquaintance's recommendation, and then postpone their withdrawal applications to prepare for escaping, which is an old trick of illegal brokers.

In Mr. Wang's case, GPAK first got Mr. Wang to deposit through the marketing strategy of acquaintance's recommendationand further lured him into making more investments with attractive profits. When Mr. Wang tried to withdraw, the customer service began to pull up all kinds of excuses such as withdrawal can't be processed during the holiday in order to postpone withdrawal and perhaps win themselves more time for running away.

Conclusion

According to the information on WikiFX App, the licenses from FCA(UK) and NFA(US) which GPAK claims to hold are suspected to be cloned, while its AR license from FCA(UK) has been revoked. Currently without valid regulatory status, the broker is rated at only 1.93 on the WikiFX App and bears significant risks, please stay away from it.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation