Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
BunniBoi

BunniBoi HOME SWEET HOME

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Introduction

Eco-Friendly Living

Northshore Residence I are designed to fulfill the vision of establishing Punggol as Eco-Town. To support this vision, these developments have numerous eco-friendly features:

• Separate chutes for recyclable waste
  • Regenerative lifts to reduce energy consumption
  • Eco-pedestals in bathrooms to encourage water conservation
  • Rainwater harvesting system to store rainwater for washing of common areas
  • ABC Waters design features to clean rainwater and beautify the landscape
  • Use of sustainable and recycled products in the development

Smart Solutions

Northshore Residences I will also feature Smart technologies to bring about a more live-able, efficient, sustainable and safe living environment. 

• Smart-Enabled Homes with infrastructure to support easy installation of smart systems
  • Smart Car Park Management System to adjust availability of lots for residents and visitors at different times of the day based on demand
  • Smart Pneumatic Waste Conveyance System to optimise the deployment of resources for cleaner and fuss free waste deposal
  • Smart Lighting which meet the needs of residents while reducing energy comsumption
  • Smart Irrigation which saves water while maintaining the extensive landscaped areas for the enjoyment of the residents

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Northshore Residences I

450114753_NorthshoreResidencesIII.jpg.b101aa05e5040054d7efb5510dd2d17d.jpg

Northshore Residences Sites Plan

1371639724_Siteplan.jpg.218aab22fee2f435a1331797902b793e.jpg

Floor Plan

1754949748_FloorPlan.jpg.242e1a33248feb9efd5f077cc3717956.jpg

My Unit Floor Plan

FloorPlan.jpg.7f2cc8fc3ef396485df6d23396fb29ad.jpg

Proposed Unit Layout by HDB

150681417_NorthshoreResidencesI-2-Room_02.jpg.023f42f3745b9c312ddec97d490f4fc4.jpg

Back to Content Page

Edited by BunniBoi

ID Research

Okay, before I do my research for the ID, I asked myself the following two questions.

1. Will I be staying at this unit for long (my definition of long is more than 10 years)?
  2. How much I willing to spend on the renovation?

If I'm not willing to spend too much, I can just do the bare minimal renovation (i.e. all those basic carpentry works and things I need, not want). But if I have certain requirement/design/theme that I want to do, then I must be prepare to spend. nevertheless, I still need to find an ID that is trustworthy so I will have one less thing to worry about (i.e. Kena scammed or cheated). ? 

Anyway, there's many ways to do your own ID research, it can be from online, word-of-mouth, walk-in or exhibition. For me, I prefer to do it online (like most ppl do ?), so I can read their review from their official website & Facebook. It makes it easier for me to choose the ID firm I want to contact.

Note : Do remember to check if they're CASE Trust and HDB Registered (very important to me) and if they have other awards or accreditation it will be a bonus.

Below are the IDs I send my request to (very tiring, keep repeating my requirements to different ID ?); 

1. GC
  2. GSID
  3. TTDA
  4. LS
  5. BRS
  6. SC
  7. SH

Out of 7 IDs, I only meet 5 of them. LS didn't even bother to contact me and BRS I decided to drop after spoken to him on the phone (Coz he keep inject his idea and reject mine ?). I also drop GSID after our 1st meet-up, coz he give me the feeling that he doesn't really interested in taking up my project. The remaining 4 IDs, I have given them my requirement and ask for their quotation. After review their quotations, I've shortlisted GC, SC & SH based on their service, price and responsiveness (drop TTDA coz too expensive). After much thinking and consideration, I finally decide the ID I want to engage is SH. Because three of them were equally good, I have to go down to small small details to eliminate one by one.

So now need to wait for HDB to notify me when I can collect my keys (Praying hard? that I can collect the keys in Nov or Dec 2019). 

That all for now. ?

Back to Content Page

Edited by BunniBoi

21 hours ago, BunniBoi said:

Why har?? Big har?? 

very easy to organise the wardrobe, bed and bedside table.

On 8/21/2019 at 7:14 AM, BunniBoi said:

Ah i see...ya...coz very squarish... ?

also the position of the bathroom door. for me, my bathroom door is in the middle of the wall so I cannot put wardrobe against the wall.

11 hours ago, mmoh said:

also the position of the bathroom door. for me, my bathroom door is in the middle of the wall so I cannot put wardrobe against the wall.

Unless you seal your bathroom door, then you will have place your wardrobe against the wall. 

12 hours ago, BunniBoi said:

Unless you seal your bathroom door, then you will have place your wardrobe against the wall. 

I didnt lor, so wardrobe is 90 degree on the other wall, so downgrade to super single bed lor.

Aiya, when u see it u will know.

u want to seal 1 of the door?

On 8/23/2019 at 8:24 PM, mmoh said:

I didnt lor, so wardrobe is 90 degree on the other wall, so downgrade to super single bed lor.

Aiya, when u see it u will know.

u want to seal 1 of the door?

Yaya...will get to see it soon. 

Yes, I'm going to seal the toilet door at my bedroom. 

Edited by BunniBoi

Wow nice to see your blog!!
Looking forward to your Key Collection day!
It should be the most magical moment! :D
All the best for your renovations!! ?

13 hours ago, ryanyth said:

Wow nice to see your blog!!
Looking forward to your Key Collection day!
It should be the most magical moment! :D
All the best for your renovations!! ?

Thanks @ryanyth LOL, no update of my blog since Aug, coz still no news of the key collection. Haiz. ?

I also hope that my renovation will be a smooth sailing one. Cross fingers ?, pray hard ?

Items purchased during SALES! (Updated on 4 Mar)

Hello Peeps, so sorry there is no update of my blog since Aug. I'm still waiting for HDB to notify me for the Key Collection (1st Qtr of 2020). So I decided to side track a bit and share some of the things I bought online during the recent sales. HAHA!

• Digital Door Lock – bought it on 27/08/2019.

Bought this digital door lock bundled from Lazada and the bundled consist of a Metal Gate lock (YDR50G) and Push and Pull Door lock (YMI70). The bundle also come with 2 free gifts - YSFT 25ET Safe ($159) + Smoke Detector ($73.9) but the down side of this free gift is that you need to redeem it personally at Kaki Bukit TechPark, within 2 months from the purchase date.

• During the 11.11 – I have bought the following items and I think I save quite a fair bit during the sales.
    • Frap Rainfall shower set at $87.0.
    • Frap Bathroom & Kitchen Tap at $36.70 and $27.90 respectively.
    • Dibea F20 Max Vacuum Cleaner at $188.0
    • Philips Azur Elite Steam Iron at $194.0
    • Philips Essential Ceiling light (Moire 16W) at $27.93 each
    • Philips Water Purifier at $187.11
    • Yeelight Crystal Sensory Mini Ceiling light at $25.90
    • Yale Digital Door Viewer at $131.33
    • Hanging Light for Dining area at $104.50
  • During Black Friday Sales –I bought my rice cooker and Stand Mixer, I think I manage to grab a good deal for the Stand Mixer. Happy with my purchase. ?
    • Zojirushi - 1.0L NS-TSQ10 rice cooker at $188.0.
    • KitchenAid - 4.8L Artisan Tilt-Head Stand Mixer (Apple Green) at $549.0

A quick update on the things I have bought recently (not from 12.12).?

When I browsed through Gain City Website a couple of days/weeks ago and notice that there's an on-going sale on some of the home appliances.? The price for all the items I've shortlisted seems quite reasonable and within my budget.? On Sunday (5 Jan), I decided to head down to Gain City @ Marina Square to do some shopping. It happens that they are conducting a mini fair on weekends and the price is slightly lower than what it shows in their website (ranging from $10 - $100). So, I decided to place my order for the following items;

Gain City

1. Aircon - Daikin system 2 @ $2,689 (MKS65tVMG)
  2. Build-in Oven - Brandt @ $1,249 (BXP6555B)
  3. Gas Hob 2 burner - Brandt @ $359 (TG1482B-PUB)
  4. Cooker Hood - Brandt @ $399 (AT1490X) new
  5. 2 Door Fridge - Samsung @ $799 (RT35K553ASL/SS)
  6. Washing Machine (front load) - Ssmsung @ $939 (WW90K6410QW)
  7. 55" QLED Smart TV - Samsung @ $1,999 (QA55LS03RAKXXS)
  8. 5.1CH Soundbar - Samsung @ $699 (HW-Q60R/XS) new

For item 2 to 5, there's a further discount of $310 in total by Gain City. I'm not sure if my purchase is the cheapest in town but I quite happy with my purchase, at least is much lower than what I have budgeted. ?

Other items purchased; 

1. 2-seater sofa - Bed & Basic @ $517
  2. Dining table set - Castlery @ $1,380
  3. Ceiling Fan with lights - Eco-Airx @ $569 new

Will update again when I buy more things. 

Back to Content Page

Edited by BunniBoi

Hello!

I have been notified to collect my keys this month(Canberra) but I haven't the determination and "courage" to set on my choices and buy items during this year end sales period. 

The only item I got during Black Friday is a bathroom fitting which I had eyed for a long time and the discount was good. 

You must have a good space at your current home to stock up? My mum will "kill" me if I take up her precious storeroom space?

Just sharing my sequence of hdb notifications leading up to key collection for your reference. 

Oct 2019 - received notification to update Further Particulars on MyHdb Page. 

Dec 2019 - received notification to collect keys (hdb will only notify you one week prior to key collection date) 

Thus have you been notified to update your Particulars? That will give a bit of hint when you will be collecting keys.