Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
BunniBoi

BunniBoi HOME SWEET HOME

20 hours ago, Cranberries said:

Hello!

I have been notified to collect my keys this month(Canberra) but I haven't the determination and "courage" to set on my choices and buy items during this year end sales period. 

The only item I got during Black Friday is a bathroom fitting which I had eyed for a long time and the discount was good. 

You must have a good space at your current home to stock up? My mum will "kill" me if I take up her precious storeroom space?

Just sharing my sequence of hdb notifications leading up to key collection for your reference. 

Oct 2019 - received notification to update Further Particulars on MyHdb Page. 

Dec 2019 - received notification to collect keys (hdb will only notify you one week prior to key collection date) 

Thus have you been notified to update your Particulars? That will give a bit of hint when you will be collecting keys.

Hello @Cranberries, i bought so many things is because I don't want to missed all the good deals and it really help me to save quite a fair bit. My parent house storeroom full of stuff too, no space for my items. Therefore, I place all my stuff at one corner in the living room. ? Aiya, temporally only lar. Will move them away once my house is ready. ?

Thought HDB already have all our particulars, what other particulars they need? Till-date, I didn't receive any notification from HDB to update my particulars. ? Given your timeline , Key collection is roughly two months after your particulars update. So, based on HDB website, mine is Q1 of 2020, means that I will receive their notification earliest in Dec (if I'm lucky enough) or latest by late Jan or early Feb? ? But you never knows, maybe there will be further delay. ?

I do login to My HDBPage every day, hoping to see there's an update of the status but nothing at all. ? Oh well, I just have to see how it goes ba. ?

So you will start your reno after CNY right and will there be hacking involved? 

Edited by BunniBoi

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
7 hours ago, BunniBoi said:

Hello @Cranberries, i bought so many things is because I don't want to missed all the good deals and it really help me to save quite a fair bit. My parent house storeroom full of stuff too, no space for my items. Therefore, I place all my stuff at one corner in the living room. ? Aiya, temporally only lar. Will move them away once my house is ready. ?

Thought HDB already have all our particulars, what other particulars they need? Till-date, I didn't receive any notification from HDB to update my particulars. ? Given your timeline , Key collection is roughly two months after your particulars update. So, based on HDB website, mine is Q1 of 2020, means that I will receive their notification earliest in Dec (if I'm lucky enough) or latest by late Jan or early Feb? ? But you never knows, maybe there will be further delay. ?

I do login to My HDBPage every day, hoping to see there's an update of the status but nothing at all. ? Oh well, I just have to see how it goes ba. ?

So you will start your reno after CNY right and will there be hacking involved? 

Sorry side track abit, just wondering if there are any superstitions regarding renovation during CNY? Since there are superstitions like not sweeping the floors or sumthing like that... 

26 minutes ago, Jhong said:

Sorry side track abit, just wondering if there are any superstitions regarding renovation during CNY? Since there are superstitions like not sweeping the floors or sumthing like that... 

Ello @Jhong I don't think there's any superstitions on renovating during CNY. The only problem is the company closed during CNY and most of the workers all went back home town to celebrate. So even you want to renovate during CNY, there's no workers to do the work. ?

13 hours ago, Jhong said:

hehehe i remembered when i was doing my renovation, it was during Lunar Ghost Month imagine that lol.

As im the not pantang, but abit pantang type, i did the usual roll pineapple, throw salt procedures etc, but i didn't do any elaborate rituals or anything. So far touch wood, been staying safely and happily for the past 2 years already. :D

Try not to think about it too much ba.
If you were advised by your elders (grandparents or parents) to do a procedure, just follow lor
as a mark of respect. Superstitions are culturally important, but don't let them rule your life.
Just my 2 cents.

Edited by ryanyth

• Like 1

Hello @BunniBoi!

I can understand your current feeling. The "agony" of anticipation, logging in regularly hoping to see fresh update of estimated completion date and nothing changes ??

HDB wants your latest update on marital status and ownership of private property, bought or inherited... 

I really don't know whether hdb will mass send out notifications for particulars update to all owners of the same building project or hdb send out in batches in line with individual key collection date. 

Nevertheless the Particulars thingy will come before key collection date. 

HDB only send out email notification for Particulars update but send email AND sms notification for key collection. So if you did give your email address to hdb for contact, you will have to keep an eye on your email inbox. 

For my case, it was stated Q4 2019. So since September I logged in regularly hoping to see new update. Oct received notification to update particulars, and FINALLY new update stating End of November 2019.

Coincidentally, my mum has a friend whose son got an unit in the same area as me and he got his keys in Oct! While in Oct my latest hdb update is end November. 

So my guess is the estimated date is targeted at the whole building project initially but towards key collection, the update on myhdb page will depend on individual block. 

Actually l think you can guess whether you will be the earlier batch or later batch in the Quarter by looking at the building progress photos hdb upload to your myhdb page, provided you have been following the photos. 

For me, the photos showed that while the other blocks in my area are already few storeys high, mine just started foundation. So no wonder others got their unit and started renovation and I was just about to collect keys. 

Tentatively, no intention to hack anything. Unless upon seeing the actual unit and I felt hacking is necessary. 

OK, paiseh, above is very long post ?

Edited by Cranberries

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jhong said:

@JhongHello! 

Not spreading superstitions here, just that someone asked and I am in similar situation so I shall share. 

My initial intention is to officially start renovation right after the LNY holidays, somewhere early Feb. But my mum made consultation and she was told no starting of renovation during first fifteen days of LNY. So no choice I gotta follow the advice and can only start officially after 15th day, that will be mid Feb. 

1 hour ago, ryanyth said:

hehehe i remembered when i was doing my renovation, it was during Lunar Ghost Month imagine that lol.

As im the not pantang, but abit pantang type, i did the usual roll pineapple, throw salt procedures etc, but i didn't do any elaborate rituals or anything. So far touch wood, been staying safely and happily for the past 2 years already. :D

Try not to think about it too much ba.
If you were advised by your elders (grandparents or parents) to do a procedure, just follow lor
as a mark of respect. Superstitions are culturally important, but don't let them rule your life.
Just my 2 cents.

I do agreed with you, I selectively pantang type. Will also do the pineapple roll and salt throwing too. ?

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Cranberries said:

Hello @BunniBoi!

I can understand your current feeling. The "agony" of anticipation, logging in regularly hoping to see fresh update of estimated completion date and nothing changes ??

HDB wants your latest update on marital status and ownership of private property, bought or inherited... 

I really don't know whether hdb will mass send out notifications for particulars update to all owners of the same building project or hdb send out in batches in line with individual key collection date. 

Nevertheless the Particulars thingy will come before key collection date. 

HDB only send out email notification for Particulars update but send email AND sms notification for key collection. So if you did give your email address to hdb for contact, you will have to keep an eye on your email inbox. 

For my case, it was stated Q4 2019. So since September I logged in regularly hoping to see new update. Oct received notification to update particulars, and FINALLY new update stating End of November 2019.

Coincidentally, my mum has a friend whose son got an unit in the same area as me and he got his keys in Oct! While in Oct my latest hdb update is end November. 

So my guess is the estimated date is targeted at the whole building project initially but towards key collection, the update on myhdb page will depend on individual block. 

Actually l think you can guess whether you will be the earlier batch or later batch in the Quarter by looking at the building progress photos hdb upload to your myhdb page, provided you have been following the photos. 

For me, the photos showed that while the other blocks in my area are already few storeys high, mine just started foundation. So no wonder others got their unit and started renovation and I was just about to collect keys. 

Tentatively, no intention to hack anything. Unless upon seeing the actual unit and I felt hacking is necessary. 

OK, paiseh, above is very long post ? 

Morning @Cranberries 

Wow, great information and advise. Will keep a look out of my inbox for HDB email. 

Apparently, my block all done up le (as shown in the picture below). So now only waiting for HDB to start notifying home owners to do particular update and key collection. ? Yesterday, my ID text me to arrange a day to drop by her office to choose materials and colour. She more kanchong than me, which is good. ?

405B.jpg.1a61642fa875d36fabde352d79ba6b45.jpg

Edited by BunniBoi

9 minutes ago, Cranberries said:

@BunniBoiGood Morning!

Actually I did ballot for NorthShore but failed to get a q number. Do you get a view of the sea from your unit? 

@Cranberries, 2 rooms for Northshore 1 & 2 don't get the sea view. I only get the LRT view. ? My block (405B) just right in front of the LRT. 

1 hour ago, BunniBoi said:

@Cranberries, 2 rooms for Northshore 1 & 2 don't get the sea view. I only get the LRT view. ? My block (405B) just right in front of the LRT. 

Not bad, LRT is near so is convenient.
But hope you chose a high floor otherwise scared LRT noisy.

1 hour ago, ryanyth said:

Not bad, LRT is near so is convenient.
But hope you chose a high floor otherwise scared LRT noisy.

@ryanyth, Yup, purposely choose the block in front of LRT and my unit is at 18 floor. I think should be high enough ba. HAHA..?

On 12/19/2019 at 6:46 PM, BunniBoi said:

@Cranberries I received HDB email to ask me to update my particulars and my PCD date updated to end Feb. I'm so close to my key collection. ?✌️

Congratulations ?

This email notification is like Christmas present to you. 

I suppose you shall receive keys in the first week of March. 

My PCD was end Nov, and I was allocated to collect keys on 2 Dec. But I delayed 2 weeks and had just collected in the past week and opened the door yesterday. However when I went to collect keys, the lady ask me to fill the update particulars again, I wondered why but did not question and fill in again lor?

1 hour ago, Cranberries said:

Congratulations ?

This email notification is like Christmas present to you. 

I suppose you shall receive keys in the first week of March. 

My PCD was end Nov, and I was allocated to collect keys on 2 Dec. But I delayed 2 weeks and had just collected in the past week and opened the door yesterday. However when I went to collect keys, the lady ask me to fill the update particulars again, I wondered why but did not question and fill in again lor?

Thanks @Cranberries 

Yaya, good Xmas present. 

I hope I can get my keys by Feb ? but see how it goes ba. 

Aiyo, need to fill the same thing again. Hmm... ? wonder why. Think I will just fill when asked. Haha... ?