Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
BunniBoi

BunniBoi HOME SWEET HOME

Hello @BunniBoi!

Noticed you bought Yale digital lock from lazada. If I'm not wrong they will only deliver on the date of installation. So how did you make your purchase? I am also interested in getting yale digital locks for my new home. 

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
5 hours ago, Cranberries said:

Hello @BunniBoi!

Noticed you bought Yale digital lock from lazada. If I'm not wrong they will only deliver on the date of installation. So how did you make your purchase? I am also interested in getting yale digital locks for my new home. 

Ello @Cranberries Not really, the installation can hold till you ready. Just informed them 2 to 3 weeks ahead of the date that you wish to install. 

On 12/19/2019 at 6:46 PM, BunniBoi said:

@Cranberries I received HDB email to ask me to update my particulars and my PCD date updated to end Feb. I'm so close to my key collection. ?✌️

Congrats! End Feb is a good time because all the workers and companies should have returned back to work after the CNY holidays. Looking forward to your key collection!

Oh btw, Cranberries just got her key and here's an additional tip to prepare when doing Key Collection: Bring a Door Stopper! :D  If not, it will be quite irritating to keep having to kepp the door open as it is always trying to auto-close.

2 hours ago, ryanyth said:

Congrats! End Feb is a good time because all the workers and companies should have returned back to work after the CNY holidays. Looking forward to your key collection!

Oh btw, Cranberries just got her key and here's an additional tip to prepare when doing Key Collection: Bring a Door Stopper! :D  If not, it will be quite irritating to keep having to kepp the door open as it is always trying to auto-close.

Morning @ryanyth, I also think so, all should be back to work by Feb. Looking forward to my key collection too. ? 

Oh, door stopper. Ok ok. I will add it to my to-bring list. ?

19 hours ago, BunniBoi said:

Ello @Cranberries Not really, the installation can hold till you ready. Just informed them 2 to 3 weeks ahead of the date that you wish to install. 

Thanks @BunniBoi, I'll look out for its bundle pricing and make a purchase.

4 hours ago, BunniBoi said:

Morning @ryanyth, I also think so, all should be back to work by Feb. Looking forward to my key collection too. ? 

Oh, door stopper. Ok ok. I will add it to my to-bring list. ?

?Indeed I was really hoping I had a door stopper when I was at my new home for the first time but later it came across to me that a door stopper will come into use provided you have opted for HDB to do your flooring. For my case I opted out so the floor is bare and the floor level is lower than usual thus a usual door stopper is not thick enough. 

If you opted for hdb flooring, a door stopper will come in handy☺️

3 hours ago, Cranberries said:

Thanks @BunniBoi, I'll look out for its bundle pricing and make a purchase.

?Indeed I was really hoping I had a door stopper when I was at my new home for the first time but later it came across to me that a door stopper will come into use provided you have opted for HDB to do your flooring. For my case I opted out so the floor is bare and the floor level is lower than usual thus a usual door stopper is not thick enough. 

If you opted for hdb flooring, a door stopper will come in handy☺️

Thanks @Cranberries. I did opted for flooring. So will bring along a door stopper. 

16 hours ago, mmoh said:

or you can use the tiles in your household shelter temporary

Hello @mmoh!

I actually engaged the service of Defect Inspector, and the first thing the Inspector did when he saw that I was annoyed by the auto closing door, was to take a pile of complimentary tiles from my bomb shelter, and tucked it between the door and frame. It did hold the door stationary at a certain angle. 

Tiles, Counter Top, Laminates and Vinyl Selection

Yay, finally on 19 December I received email from HDB to update my particulars and also notice that my PCD date changed to End Feb. ? Hope HDB will notify the date to collect my keys (Early or Mid Feb, please) soon. ? Oh well, at least now I have some light that I will be able to get my key in Feb. Just nice my ID also texted me few days back, to check when I’m free to meet her for materials selection (my ID more kanchiong than me, which is good). :good:

Today (29 December 2019), met my ID to do our first materials selection. It is important to know what theme you want your house to look like, so that you can narrow down and work with the theme colors (i.e. Industrial, Modern, Minimalist etc.). ? If you have not decided your theme, it might be difficult for you to decide the color combination and wonder will it turn-out the way that you want. ? So, decide the theme you want before you do your materials selection. ?

My ID brought out many books/stacks of catalogue/materials for me to choose. Even though my theme is Scandinavian, the main colors basically is White and Wood (I added a bit of Gray to my theme). ? Only playing with 3 colors, there are so many different tones, shades, textures and materials to choose from. ? Below is my first batch of selection I have done today.

Kitchen

Kitchen Backsplash (aka Glassbacking)

57f7329a-594e-4728-a506-95fa9ccc97bc.JPG.fe9082290538a88f237a398d4ffe7e4f.JPG

Kitchen Carpentry color combi

1be8ca24-5ed5-40f4-9c61-f98343d5e41e.JPG.9ffab15f891763bb373c28cecab355a6.JPG

9f40c1b7-77dd-46f6-950e-15f58f4cd013.JPG.85c5363e050a71b7cbad2fc56462ac2c.JPG

Kitchen Countertop

89216a7d-67df-4d15-9bc6-67b627d97a5b.JPG.ddefadbb05dec44d5b41e7131ed0c89f.JPG

Toilet

Toilet Sink Countertop

20191229_165542.thumb.jpg.945adcc688a2d39e1e14baa8989fe3f9.jpg

Toilet Carpentry color combi

1be8ca24-5ed5-40f4-9c61-f98343d5e41e.JPG.9ffab15f891763bb373c28cecab355a6.JPG9f40c1b7-77dd-46f6-950e-15f58f4cd013.JPG.85c5363e050a71b7cbad2fc56462ac2c.JPG

Toilet Wall feature wall (additional things I add today, new cost ?)

128f0823-426e-4ddc-9a79-b098abca1a0b.thumb.JPG.e0f95cee6b5895105b5c26dd76b41a00.JPG

284434be-9449-458e-b758-161486031af3.JPG.54b3f2db1b721d42c52061124fa2b39e.JPG

Living room

Living room feature wall color

4544540d-f6bc-4d45-be4c-6e1f5669d3fd.JPG.ab336025924435a15e514d61930323e6.JPG

TV and Cabinet Carpentry color combi

9eb8ae4a-8baa-4e2c-a0d3-1443073503eb.JPG.bf908efc727604425db23342e9b321f5.JPG

f3b34855-6f0a-486a-b14a-634009ebace9.JPG.5d6a894f7939e970afac9403c431dde4.JPG

Bedroom

Wardrobe Carpentry color combi

9eb8ae4a-8baa-4e2c-a0d3-1443073503eb.JPG.bf908efc727604425db23342e9b321f5.JPG

cdb5aaa0-74a3-4ad9-90a7-d5c5a6a1a843.JPG.904779f1ec454c6b69fdde2ab5c935de.JPG

Platform bed Carpentry color

cdb5aaa0-74a3-4ad9-90a7-d5c5a6a1a843.JPG.904779f1ec454c6b69fdde2ab5c935de.JPG

Vinyl Floor

43d048a8-e1cf-4c50-a705-d4a0dcc88cfa.JPG.0b40bd552ea1ae9e839b269ea4e130bb.JPG

So now will have to wait for the 3D drawing (2 weeks) to see how the color combination I selected will turn-out. ? 

Back to Content Page

Edited by BunniBoi

Hi @BunniBoi, thank you for sharing your selection. I see that you have selected vinyl strips for flooring. I am also thinking of vinyl but afraid that vinyl strips may not be durable (as someone told me that vinyl gets scratched easily). I like your vinyl strip color but I found that it is also available in tiles (so I may consider that). Also, is your counter top of quartz material? I would like your opinions. Thanks.  

13 hours ago, hyungbaobao said:

Hi Bunniboi

Mind to share how much your renovation quotation come up to? For budget planning, thanks!

Hi @hyungbaobao

Slightly above 25K le and I believe the price will go up more when the renovation start. ?

36 minutes ago, SuperZ said:

Hi @BunniBoi, thank you for sharing your selection. I see that you have selected vinyl strips for flooring. I am also thinking of vinyl but afraid that vinyl strips may not be durable (as someone told me that vinyl gets scratched easily). I like your vinyl strip color but I found that it is also available in tiles (so I may consider that). Also, is your counter top of quartz material? I would like your opinions. Thanks.  

Ello @SuperZ

I think is more of individual preference I guess. There's pros and cons for each type, so need to see which suit your needs more. 

For me, I chosen Vinyl over tiles is because;

1) I don't like the cold floor feeling.

2) Most of my carpentry are all built-in, so there shouldn't be much movement of furniture.

3) It is more comfortable to step on and also reduced the noise.

4) It won't cracked like tiles (will damaged by sharp object).

5) Maintenance is easier (tiles need to use cement, I don't like the gap in between 2 tiles to turn grey or black due to dirt).

6) I think tiles is more suitable in Kitchen and toilet as there's more moist and contact of water is higher.

This is my preference for Vinyl, so it solely depend what your preference and which suit your need most. 

Yes, the material for my Countertop is quartz (from iQuartz - i-Series) 

ah boi ah, my 2 cents of thoughts: dun need to choose too many different shades for carpentry laminates. our house is not that big anyway so even if you choose same laminates for kitchen and bathroom and living room and bedroom you will look consistent but not boring cos you are doing wood + white which is 2 colour already.  

If given another chance I would choose same laminates for my kitchen too although it is not obvious for me.

17 hours ago, mmoh said:

ah boi ah, my 2 cents of thoughts: dun need to choose too many different shades for carpentry laminates. our house is not that big anyway so even if you choose same laminates for kitchen and bathroom and living room and bedroom you will look consistent but not boring cos you are doing wood + white which is 2 colour already.  

If given another chance I would choose same laminates for my kitchen too although it is not obvious for me.

My carpentry all white & wood (different tone), Gray only on one side of the wall near the dining area...I shall see how the 3D drawing turn out and make changes accordingly (will take your advise into consideration when I make changes). Thanks @mmoh ?