Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
BunniBoi

BunniBoi HOME SWEET HOME

On 1/20/2020 at 3:24 PM, BunniBoi said:

Living Room

1935461530_LivingRoom.JPG.cb8f9094483bc0427032db72c060722f.JPG

Version 1

Comment: Will extend the open shelve (above the TV) all the way to the other end, top cabinet will request to split it equally (OCD kicks in). Glass cabinet on the right side, I will request to change the glass door to a fixed glass panel and casement door open from bedroom.

Kitchen

375827171_Kitchen2.JPG.c51e391a51a16a049f197e7c574dd2ba.JPG

Version 1

Comment: Tentatively there’s no changes for kitchen, quite happy with it.

Bedroom

Bedroom.JPG.8d8673fb4d5c813086e36bc13b931aac.JPG

Version 1

Comment: The open shelves on the right side of the wardrobe will move it down to the floor to put my dry box.

Toilet

Toilet.JPG.145a630503f7c51659eb07777bbc3bb0.JPG1933479711_Toilet2.JPG.7da0685c4ca28e022339d31b97c96ec5.JPG

Hey Bunniboi, Happy New Year to you!
Very beautiful 3D renderings! :D
I see you are going for a Scandinavian Muji styled look.

Here are my comments:
1) I noticed you have alot of carpentry in your design. Eg: Feature Wall in Living Room, Feature Wall in Bedroom, Custom Wardrobe, even the kitchen floor is wooden parquet? If you are able to still maintain the quotation at 25k, that will be very good. Else, if you are looking to reduce your quotation, you can maybe look into removing some of these.

Personally I feel that one of the most expensive things in reno is Carpentry. While carpentry is required for Kitchen Cabinets, IMO i feel items such as Feature Walls are not necessary. One example is the TV in your Living Room feature wall. I'm not sure what size you plan for the TV, but if you are thinking of upgrading to a larger size TV like 55" or 65" and above, you may be restricted due to the feature wall.

As for an alternative to custom wardrobe, my recommendation is to make use of your bomb shelter as a walk-in wardrobe. This way, you will free up extra space in your Bedroom.

2) Your kitchen sink is next to your Stovetop. This is very good if you cook.
I noticed you have an Exhaust Hood above your stovetop and I feel this is not necessary. Unless you really need this, I would recommend to remove this to save some money.

3) I'm personally not a fan of the Shower Glass Enclosure as I don't like the feeling of being confined (and also lazy to clean it :P) I had a friend who also made this but because he is not the diligent type always clean it, it started to get moldy in some crevices after a couple of years.

4) I didn't see any aircon in the 3D, so i'm not sure if you are going to do aircon. But if you do install aircon, do make sure your aircon trunking isn't concealed by any of your feature walls. Next time if need to do maintainence would be very challenging.

Sorry for the long post. :P
Just my suggestions. :)

Edited by ryanyth

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
1 hour ago, ryanyth said:

Hey Bunniboi, Happy New Year to you!
Very beautiful 3D renderings! :D
I see you are going for a Scandinavian Muji styled look.

Here are my comments:
1) I noticed you have alot of carpentry in your design. Eg: Feature Wall in Living Room, Feature Wall in Bedroom, Custom Wardrobe, even the kitchen floor is wooden parquet? If you are able to still maintain the quotation at 25k, that will be very good. Else, if you are looking to reduce your quotation, you can maybe look into removing some of these. 

Bunniboi: I didn't do anything to the kitchen floor, is tiles from HDB and as of now, still within $25K. ?

Personally I feel that one of the most expensive things in reno is Carpentry. While carpentry is required for Kitchen Cabinets, IMO i feel items such as Feature Walls are not necessary. One example is the TV in your Living Room feature wall. I'm not sure what size you plan for the TV, but if you are thinking of upgrading to a larger size TV like 55" or 65" and above, you may be restricted due to the feature wall. 

Bunniboi: My TV is 55" liao. not going to upgrade to anything bigger. LOL. ?

As for an alternative to custom wardrobe, my recommendation is to make use of your bomb shelter as a walk-in wardrobe. This way, you will free up extra space in your Bedroom.

2) Your kitchen sink is next to your Stovetop. This is very good if you cook.
I noticed you have an Exhaust Hood above your stovetop and I feel this is not necessary. Unless you really need this, I would recommend to remove this to save some money.

Bunniboi: Actually I have yet to decide if I want a Hood for my kitchen. My ID just put it there to illustrate how it look like if there's a hood.

3) I'm personally not a fan of the Shower Glass Enclosure as I don't like the feeling of being confined (and also lazy to clean it :P) I had a friend who also made this but because he is not the diligent type always clean it, it started to get moldy in some crevices after a couple of years.

Bunniboi: I did thought of shower curtain but I think curtain might not able to keep the water within the wet area compared to shower glass. So I have to work harder in my cleaning. ?

4) I didn't see any aircon in the 3D, so i'm not sure if you are going to do aircon. But if you do install aircon, do make sure your aircon trunking isn't concealed by any of your feature walls. Next time if need to do maintainence would be very challenging. 

Bunniboi: That's the reason the aircon is not in the 3D picture. I need my ID to see the actual place and how to run the trunking.

Sorry for the long post. :P
Just my suggestions. :)

Morning @ryanyth

Happy Lunar New to you too. I have replied your questions within your post. ?

Edited by BunniBoi

On 12/21/2019 at 2:26 PM, Cranberries said:

Congratulations ?

This email notification is like Christmas present to you. 

I suppose you shall receive keys in the first week of March. 

My PCD was end Nov, and I was allocated to collect keys on 2 Dec. But I delayed 2 weeks and had just collected in the past week and opened the door yesterday. However when I went to collect keys, the lady ask me to fill the update particulars again, I wondered why but did not question and fill in again lor?

Hi Cranberries ,

Just curious .

Update particulars is filling up a form ? 

Updates salary ? 

Thks

Terry

11 hours ago, TerryS said:

Hi Cranberries ,

Just curious .

Update particulars is filling up a form ? 

Updates salary ? 

Thks

Terry

Hello @TerryS!

Before hdb inform you for key collection (about 2 months before) hdb will email you informing you to update particulars, excerpt from the hdb email as below:

"Prior to keys collection, you will need to update your particulars, such as marital status, family composition, citizenship, income and property ownership, via My HDBPage. You can login anytime from your home PC using your SingPass and complete the "Submission of Further Particulars" within 10 days of this email. "

Well, I missed out the email and exceeded the 10 days time frame, I emailed hdb for advice and they emailed me pdf form instead, but the the pdf form did not require update of income, I don't know how it's like if you update via hdb portal since I missed it. ?

2 hours ago, Cranberries said:

Hello @TerryS!

Before hdb inform you for key collection (about 2 months before) hdb will email you informing you to update particulars, excerpt from the hdb email as below:

"Prior to keys collection, you will need to update your particulars, such as marital status, family composition, citizenship, income and property ownership, via My HDBPage. You can login anytime from your home PC using your SingPass and complete the "Submission of Further Particulars" within 10 days of this email. "

Well, I missed out the email and exceeded the 10 days time frame, I emailed hdb for advice and they emailed me pdf form instead, but the the pdf form did not require update of income, I don't know how it's like if you update via hdb portal since I missed it. ?

Oh .. ok . Thanks for sharing . ?

Key Collection

OMG! This is what I have been waiting for! Excited!?

After numerous tries of balloting (cannot remember how many times I tried, should be more than 10x) and waited close to 5 years. Finally, I’m collecting my Keys on 24/02/2020. YAY~✌️

The following documents you need to prepare during Key Collection Day (KCD) and only the first 3 items below applicable to me.

1. NRIC (Original)
  2. A working Singpass with 2FA
  3. Completed HDB Appointment Letter
  4. A copy of your Certificate of HDB Fire Insurance (if taking HDB loan)
  5. Original Marriage Certificate (if applicable)

If you want to reduce the time spent at HDB Hub. The following two things I would prefer or recommend new homeowners to do before KCD.

Key Collection Day (KCD -1)

1. Apply for HDB Fire Insurance.

If you are taking HDB loan, you will need to purchase a mandatory fire insurance from HDB’s appointed insurer (FWD Insurance). There is two ways to do it, you can choose to do it at the HDB hub during Key Collection or do it online. For two rooms it cost $2.71 for a 5 years premium (Do note that it does not covers home contents such as furniture, renovations and personal belonging).

1. Sign up and Activate your SP service account

If you intend to do the defect checks right after you have collected your keys, do activate your SP account 1 day before. This will allow you do the following checks when you head down to your unit.

• Check if the flushing works well
  • Pour water in the toilet to ensure water flows towards the drainage
  • Charge your mobile device or power-bank to ensure all the electrical point is functional

Since I am using my CPF to pay the remaining amount in full, purchasing of Fire Insurance from FWD is not required. That does not mean that I do not need Home Insurance. Fire hazard can be easily triggered by the electronic gadgets/appliances, so to protect my unit and home content. I have bought my Home Insurance from Income ($156.28 for 3 years) and as for the activation of my SP account (Electric & Water) I have scheduled it on 27 Feb.

Key Collection Day (KCD)

My appointment was at 4:15 PM and I was there by 3 PM. Guess I’m too excited and I have been waiting for this day for so long and I can’t wait to get it done asap. I proceed to self-service kiosk to get my queue number and sit at the waiting area to wait for my queue number to be called. Since I was there very early, I thought I must wait for until 4:15 pm for my number to be call. To my surprise, my queue number was called around 3:45 pm and it took less than 20 mins to complete all the necessary paper work and payment. Glad that I’m there early and have done my homework prior to the appointment. After I collected my keys, I went down to my unit to do a simple Door Opening Ceremony and I have taken some pictures of my unit before my renovation start.

Living room and Dining area

545370376_LivingRoom_Actual.jpg.9ecd187116abebbf23f789e866b74d3c.jpg

Bedroom

Bedroom_Actual.jpg.470b4d170d385c686fedfbbc7f3f7481.jpg

Kitchen

Kitchen_actual.jpg.e53ab8f1fdc80260a86370d66e990bde.jpg

Toilet

Toilet_Actual.jpg.0cbbad1c494be15579935a0656b55056.jpg

Back to Content Page

Edited by BunniBoi

• Like 1

Love your unblock view, sea view and wind at the kitchen area!

Really, can consider my suggestion on curtain to replace door.

Can't wait to see your house after reno!

@BunniBoi, you are very lucky. The place is so bright and with unblocked view. I am sure you are going to get nice wind and fresh air. Please keep posting your progress photos.

13 hours ago, mmoh said:

Love your unblock view, sea view and wind at the kitchen area!

Really, can consider my suggestion on curtain to replace door.

Can't wait to see your house after reno!

Haha, thanks @mmoh. I still prefer a door. ?

41 minutes ago, SuperZ said:

@BunniBoi, you are very lucky. The place is so bright and with unblocked view. I am sure you are going to get nice wind and fresh air. Please keep posting your progress photos.

Thanks @SuperZ. Hope will have nice wind too. 
will post my progress when my renovation start. 

Looking bright and breezy! How did your defect checks go - encountered any issues?

I also didn't realise that the toilet window is now so large! Ventilation and natural light will not be a problem for sure!

Congrats on getting your key!
Were you given the option to choose a different electricity provider when you receive key? Or was SP services the only one available?

Edited by ryanyth

19 hours ago, hdb4ever said:

Looking bright and breezy! How did your defect checks go - encountered any issues?

I also didn't realise that the toilet window is now so large! Ventilation and natural light will not be a problem for sure!

So far don't have any major issue. 
Ya....is big enough for the air-con technician to go out to fix/maintain the air-con.