Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
BunniBoi

BunniBoi HOME SWEET HOME

2 hours ago, ryanyth said:

Congrats on getting your key!
Were you given the option to choose a different electricity provider when you receive key? Or was SP services the only one available?

I not very sure wo, I sign-up online de. Maybe when they sign-up at HDB hub, they might given the option.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hello @BunniBoi!

Ah, so you got your wish to collect in Feb after all, Congratulations! 

Although I got my keys last Dec, I am only going to start renovations next week ?

Probably your reno schedule will be very much in line with mine. 

Your living room is about the same size as mine, but the photo looks like your living room is very spacious, maybe yours is already tiled, mine not yet. 

1 hour ago, Cranberries said:

Hello @BunniBoi!

Ah, so you got your wish to collect in Feb after all, Congratulations! 

Although I got my keys last Dec, I am only going to start renovations next week ?

Probably your reno schedule will be very much in line with mine. 

Your living room is about the same size as mine, but the photo looks like your living room is very spacious, maybe yours is already tiled, mine not yet. 

Ello @Cranberries

Thank you. 

My reno will start on 13 Mar. ?

I think is the camera lar. Using wide angle camera, that why look spacious. ?

Defect checks and City Gas Piping

Defect Checking

I have arranged with my ID to do the defect check on 27 Feb. I believe she will know what and where to lookout for potential defects. At the same time, she can do some actual measurement of the physical place to finalise the dimension for the carpentry works. I have also arranged City Gas to do their site recce on 27 Feb as well. Trying to kill 2 birds with one stone (limited annual leave so must fully maximise the it).

After my ID done with the defect checking and measured the actual space for the carpentry works, she told me that the carpentry, furniture and appliances position are according to what she has planned. There isn’t any major defect/modification require, except for the carpentry work at my living room and shower screen for bathroom, which I’m thinking of changing the door for my bedroom and re-position the shower screen in my toilet.

Running of Gas pipes for Hob and Dryer

After we have identified the location for the Hob and the Dryer, we have agreed that the pipes should run downwards, as we have cabinet that able to cover the pipes away. To run the gas pipes, I must arrange another appointment with City Gas. This is how it look like after the pipes are put in-place for my Hob and Dryer.

Before / After

Hob Area

1734188975_HobAreaBefore.jpg.cf4ff4292c563f3cc73306c6a9c06d9f.jpg176396480_HobAreaAfter.jpg.5d29407ee2bf81bb5f32959eac6333ef.jpg

Dryer Area

262605076_DryerAreaBefore.jpg.ba786ef891bc51140aad8d771b3bf252.jpg388767915_DryerAreaAfter.jpg.ed925c960da3d56e0c9c08348f31b1f5.jpg

Back to Content Page

Edited by BunniBoi

• Like 1

13 Mar to 22 Mar – Hacking, Masonry and Piping works

On 13 Mar, my renovation officially starts. The wall that separate my bedroom and living was hacked away to make room for my TV cabinet. The aircon piping done and toilet door sealed up. 50mm kitchen cabinet plinth and shower kerb done too. One bad news is, my ID told me that my project will be delayed due to the current situation (COVID-19 + Malaysia lockdown). As their carpenters are all Malaysian and their carpentry work are all done in Malaysia before they bring it out to install. Currently there’s only 14 carpenters are here to support 60-ish IDs and their projects. Will have to see how things goes and plan along the way. ?

Before / After

Wall between my room and living room hacked and the toilet entrance from my bedroom sealed.

20200316_130154.jpg.f51471c8099635864bf7845d4c610b75.jpg20200322_105336.jpg.305664b8ffe376f1f3641799c45bf187.jpg

Aircon piping position for living room and bedroom.

20200322_105348.jpg.1fdb67ffda64d9ffbb8c0d8ad628df20.jpg20200322_105342.jpg.6c0f18808431342cc371a9e6e51dd037.jpg

I have decided to group my toilet bowl and the shower together as my wet area. Shower kerb created to split them apart and tiles for toilet done.

20200316_125557.jpg.89115ffd86c6fc3e47d0f304c43d26ed.jpg20200322_105406.jpg.a12fc845d0ececf7ceff4eb33884b65c.jpg

Kitchen cabinet plinth erected.

20200322_105400.jpg.f47ef7d53123cf8d672a4b728d9d8eb7.jpg

Back to Content Page

Edited by BunniBoi

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Cranberries said:

Hi, @BunniBoi, you are making much progress, I bet you will finish reno before me with or without covid-19.

Well, i am mentally prepared for delay too although my ID did not mention anything. 

Hi @Cranberries I hope can complete by Mid Apr or within Apr. I got a lot of carpentry works that worried me the most. 

When you reno starting or started liao? 

44 minutes ago, BunniBoi said:

Hi @Cranberries I hope can complete by Mid Apr or within Apr. I got a lot of carpentry works that worried me the most. 

When you reno starting or started liao? 

Hello @BunniBoi, still doing paperwork for reno.

I have to do flooring first, so other works got to wait. 

Previously was hoping to finish reno late April, but I don't think so now. 

49 minutes ago, Cranberries said:

Hello @BunniBoi, still doing paperwork for reno.

I have to do flooring first, so other works got to wait. 

Previously was hoping to finish reno late April, but I don't think so now. 

@Cranberries Oic. Paper work? Haven signed the contract with your ID har? All the materials and colours all choose liao? 

If you not rushing  can take your time to reno. 

On 3/24/2020 at 7:58 PM, BunniBoi said:

@Cranberries Oic. Paper work? Haven signed the contract with your ID har? All the materials and colours all choose liao? 

If you not rushing  can take your time to reno. 

Hi @BunniBoi

Tiles already picked BUT just been notified that no stock. Choose another, again no stock because its from Italy...... 

Not rushing indeed because staying with parents, not that I need to hand over my current flat to new owner. 

Whatever pops up due to covid-19, I have to take a deep breath and then move on to deal with the issue, take an alternative route to resolve. Affects everyone... Press on... and wish all will be fine for everyone. 

Like mmoh mentions 'patiently',

Patience and keep one's cool ?

2 hours ago, Fiefie15 said:

Hi all, will renovation continnue after PM lee announcement yest or have to stop?

I think stop. Reno is not classified as essential. Even construction site also stop.