Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
makeit

600k Terrace Worth Buying?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Can fit a car?

What the spouse say?

I wld think if there is only 1 decision maker, and can fit a car park inside, then it can be a really interesting project.

personally i think u must like the place and the numbers ($$$) falls into yr budget rather than asking someone if it is worth it.

generally i think the prices of properties these days have gone bonkers .. esp for some house owners. You shd see the prices they are asking ...

out of curiosity, i went to view one prop in D19 .. 2 storey CT, land abt 2xxxsf, almost 10+ years and last reno done almost 5 yrs ago. I shall not disclose exactly how much they are asking but it is much(2) higher than $1.6m :bangwall:!:P:P

if the owner manage to sell at their asking price .. they'll be :bangwall: all the way to the bank !

In yesterday's Today, there was a letter from a Dr Lim Boon Hee, who believed that the remarks made by Wall Street legendary investor, Jeremy Grantham that it's 'bubble time' applies to the property market in Singapore.

Quote:

I believe that with the kind of salaries that average Singaporean earn, such prices are not sustainable and have already peaked.

So if you think you want a piece of the 'action' on the property market, think again.

I highly doubt TS is looking to buy for investment purposes.

High property prices (Transected) are confined to certain locations. There is no harm testing the market by putting the property on the market with a high price tag. Who knows.. ppl do strike the lottery.

I have yet to see high transected prices for suburbs, but if the enbloc fever continues, there is a possibility that Farrer Road millionaires may want to move to Chomp Chomp landed areas, and given the urgency for vacant possession, may actually accept the high price tag.

For small plot <900 sq ft 2 stories terrace.

~ $620 / sqf. Pricy for landed?

District 13.

Any opinion welcome.

Hi, I have been a believer of the following rule - " You don't buy something for yourself, you always buy for the next person that you are selling to!"

If you need to deliberate such an issue, it means that if it is not popular, and thus something not so perfect about it, it would only mean you will have difficulty selling to someone else.

It's probably easier to take your $600k money and buy a normal condo, etc...

E.g. A Toyota will always have buyers in the 2nd hand car market, but for a car car like Peugoet or Citroen, you need to CONVINCE people why it's ok to buy them and that they are still good cars... For a Toyota, there's nothing to say. (But not a Pink Toyota. Why? - See rule above.)

Hope I've been helpful.

I highly doubt TS is looking to buy for investment purposes.

High property prices (Transected) are confined to certain locations. There is no harm testing the market by putting the property on the market with a high price tag. Who knows.. ppl do strike the lottery.

I have yet to see high transected prices for suburbs, but if the enbloc fever continues, there is a possibility that Farrer Road millionaires may want to move to Chomp Chomp landed areas, and given the urgency for vacant possession, may actually accept the high price tag.

That is true .. it will be interesting to see what will happen when all the new properties come into the market 4-5 years down the road ...

:)

That is true .. it will be interesting to see what will happen when all the new properties come into the market 4-5 years down the road ...

It wasn't too long ago when we saw building contractors going belly-up before the construction is completed. 4-5 years is a long boom cycle.... we may see a bust even before the new properties are completed. But then, that's just my opinion..... and I am not called Dr Doom for nothing....

It wasn't too long ago when we saw building contractors going belly-up before the construction is completed. 4-5 years is a long boom cycle.... we may see a bust even before the new properties are completed. But then, that's just my opinion..... and I am not called Dr Doom for nothing....

well .. it will play into the hands of the rich savvy people .. who are now sitting along the sidelines .. waiting for the dip and then going-in for pickings .... :wub:

yesterday .. saw another advert for a 1-str semi-d land 3000sf asking for close to $2m .. suburban hor ... :(

yesterday .. saw another advert for a 1-str semi-d land 3000sf asking for close to $2m .. suburban hor ... !!

Sell the house and become millionaire.... homeless, but millionaire......

Yar, if someone wants to buy it. With that price, there are so much other options to choose...

Image if buying a $30 table, can choose from those $10 range, $20 range.

I don't think it will be easy to sell at unreasonable price.

Sell the house and become millionaire.... homeless, but millionaire......

ya lor ... if me sell at that price .. quickly buy 3 room HDB flat, sell off car and hibernate .... wahahaha :curse:

but rain .. sometime pple do the weirdest thing ... so i do see the odd property that i am surprise pple actually spend the kind of money they do to buy it ...

so maybe i try to market my place soon ... $2m also ... maybe i lucky too ... !!

Hi, I have been a believer of the following rule - " You don't buy something for yourself, you always buy for the next person that you are selling to!"

If you need to deliberate such an issue, it means that if it is not popular, and thus something not so perfect about it, it would only mean you will have difficulty selling to someone else.

It's probably easier to take your $600k money and buy a normal condo, etc...

E.g. A Toyota will always have buyers in the 2nd hand car market, but for a car car like Peugoet or Citroen, you need to CONVINCE people why it's ok to buy them and that they are still good cars... For a Toyota, there's nothing to say. (But not a Pink Toyota. Why? - See rule above.)

Hope I've been helpful.

i see where you are coming from but demand has to be looked at together with the supply situation. yes there will be toyota buyers, but how many toyota sellers do we have competing for their business? i am not convinced that just because it is toyota, the demand always outstrips supply. the demand for a 600k terrace will obviously be less than say a typical 3-rm condo in the suburbs. but for all we know, once the supply situation is taken into consideration, it may be worth considering. we don't know how far people will go to fulfill their dream of living in a landed property.

Edited by tomasulu