Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
whoelse

Bedbug, How To Kill Them?

If the infestation is just the bed mattress alone, call in a mattress sanitizing company. I have a contract with De Hygienique. http://www.dh-asia.com/c_mattresssys.html

I also had this problem and following is the method that I used to destroy the bed bugs.

1) Steam clean the entire bed frame and mattress (At this high temperature, all bugs will be dead)

2) Vacuum the entire bed. (This way, it will cleanup all the dead bed bugs from step and any possible eggs)

3) Use bed bugs medicine around the bed frame and the mattress (http://www.enta.com.sg/)

4) Repeat step 1-3 once a week till 3 months later. then reduce it to 1 a fortnight then to 1 a month for about 1 year or 1.5 years. I am not kidding!:help:!! please note that they are able to go without food for 1 year. so you must be diligent to completely eliminate it.

As humans, you carry may carry the eggs and bugs around. the best method for this is to introduce steam cleaning in your home. This way, you will also kill another germs in the home.

If you have school going children, they may bring it back from school or bus. so good luck.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I also had this problem and following is the method that I used to destroy the bed bugs.

1) Steam clean the entire bed frame and mattress (At this high temperature, all bugs will be dead)

2) Vacuum the entire bed. (This way, it will cleanup all the dead bed bugs from step and any possible eggs)

3) Use bed bugs medicine around the bed frame and the mattress (http://www.enta.com.sg/)

4) Repeat step 1-3 once a week till 3 months later. then reduce it to 1 a fortnight then to 1 a month for about 1 year or 1.5 years. I am not kidding!!!!! please note that they are able to go without food for 1 year. so you must be diligent to completely eliminate it.

As humans, you carry may carry the eggs and bugs around. the best method for this is to introduce steam cleaning in your home. This way, you will also kill another germs in the home.

If you have school going children, they may bring it back from school or bus. so good luck.

This topic is very informative, thanks! :good:

Horrible things. Had some which I suspected I accidentl;y brought back from Batam Ferry on a golf trip. Took a good 2-mths to eradicate. No necessary to throw furniture away. Recommend a good pest control company (not cheap) and get them to spray everyweek. Also for 2 bloody months I get up at 2-3am in the am, take powerful torchlight and look for the buggers (active at night). Catch and kill them.

I also used this product call VSafe (can get from some NTUC) and spray around bed frames, crevices, cornices every week for abt 3-weeks. Use a sealant to seal gaps and crevices etc.

Finally got rid of the problem. It was **** I tell you. ****.

I too had bed bugs. No idea where they came from. Maybe because of the new bed frame that my dad purchased a while back when I was still living with my parents.

What we did was to remove the bed, looked through at every nook and cranny, removed the bed bugs manually and squishing them.

For the bed frame, it came with a overlaying velcro cover, this was removed and send for dry cleaning.

The frame itself was thoroughly cleaned, sprayed with cans of Baygon and using a stand steam iron, cleaned. I think we killed about 100 plus bed bugs and now the bed is bed bug free.

Scary bit about bed bugs is that they can go on living without a blood meal for 6 months or more and they can hide in every nook and cranny.

Very horrible creatures, i found the nest and then killed all of them by hand and threw away the mattress, it was really a bad experience, especially when i get bitten every night for like a month and more. :o

Omg!! Thanks for the information. My bf brought some back from CAMP!!! During one of his reservist this year. Any reasonable Pest Control company to recommend. I am afraid they will travel with him to our new house when we move :( I am so so scared cos I got bitten many times liao when I am at his place. Worst thing is, the bug should be on the new sofa bed which we bought not too long ago and hoped to bring over to our new place. sob sob sob. :help:

i too had a tough time with the bed bugs.....was bed bug free for abt 2mth plus...now, they seem to be back coz my son was bitten on his stomach, 5 bites in a straight roll...

i have been trying to eradicate them sinc eearly this yr till now...think we got it from my relative's house, which is few units away...coz my kids go over to play....

and i am planning to shift over to my new house very soon....how to ensure that these pests do not go over?

i too had a tough time with the bed bugs.....was bed bug free for abt 2mth plus...now, they seem to be back coz my son was bitten on his stomach, 5 bites in a straight roll...

i have been trying to eradicate them sinc eearly this yr till now...think we got it from my relative's house, which is few units away...coz my kids go over to play....

and i am planning to shift over to my new house very soon....how to ensure that these pests do not go over?

Hi, I suppose your son is a little boy. You better seek professional help to totally eliminate it. Otherwise, you may try http://www.enta.com.sg. This is what we have learnt from the other forummers but we have yet to try. Don't let it migrate to your new place boy!

I had this problem last year too.. It was very horrible and torturing, got all the bites and like what Jcase had said always wake up middle of the night to catch it. I think i brought them back from my phuket trip that time.

I didnt throw away the furntiure but i threw away my mattress and all my pillow n bedsheets. I called in the pest control and spray the rooms twice. After that it was free of bugs. But occasionally i do see one running about.

Later around 6months later, i throw all my furiture because i am moving out and i found out there's 2 tennis ball that got struck under my wardrobe infested with the bugs!! I almost fainted and quickly spray the insecticide on them.. Horrible...

I had this problem last year too.. It was very horrible and torturing, got all the bites and like what Jcase had said always wake up middle of the night to catch it. I think i brought them back from my phuket trip that time.

I didnt throw away the furntiure but i threw away my mattress and all my pillow n bedsheets. I called in the pest control and spray the rooms twice. After that it was free of bugs. But occasionally i do see one running about.

Later around 6months later, i throw all my furiture because i am moving out and i found out there's 2 tennis ball that got struck under my wardrobe infested with the bugs!! I almost fainted and quickly spray the insecticide on them.. Horrible...

Hi, din the pest control people clear them all...I mean even the roots of it? How much you paid for this service may i ask?

The bugs seems gone now at my FH's room, but I am still 'haunted' by the incident and am so terrified that he will move it to our new place :(

Of course you have to step out of the house lah! According to the guy, its best to leave it enclosed for as long as possible, so after the process, I brought my family to JB for shopping and dinner, one whole day then come back...

zirhk how much to smoke th entire place?

was thinkin of just vacumming the place

only thing is that i knw alot of lizards are around cos they always **** around :furious:

Hi, din the pest control people clear them all...I mean even the roots of it? How much you paid for this service may i ask?

The bugs seems gone now at my FH's room, but I am still 'haunted' by the incident and am so terrified that he will move it to our new place :(

Ya, the pest control did clear them all. I paid around $300+ to spray for 3 bedrooms. It's by a big pest control company, they will come up n spray one time after that they will do a followup so if there's still bugs around they will spray the 2nd time. I had ask them to spray twice.

And yes those stupid bugs will travel around the rooms because i move in all the 3rooms in my house and each room also got bugs!!

Normally one will get the bug free clearance if there is no activity for 3-4 months. Only so much a pest control company can do. You need to follow-up very closely. We used Aardwolf, good but **** ex. Clear but I used to get up every a m abt 3-4 am and use a torch light to check. In addition I used a pdt called V-Saf and sprayed on all thye usual surfaces every week for a month. I can easily ise 3-4 bottles a week.

zirhk how much to smoke th entire place?

was thinkin of just vacumming the place

only thing is that i knw alot of lizards are around cos they always **** around :furious:

erm vacuum not a good idea. They will just live in the bag and escape. You need to dispose of the bad and bag that bag immediately.