Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
whoelse

Bedbug, How To Kill Them?

My aunty rented her house out to some foreigners and now she found bedbug in her house after they move out. Unless she throw away all her furnitures, the thingy keep returning even we have try to kill/clean them.

I think the last thing I will recommend is to ask her to get a pest control expert. Anyone house infested with bedbug before? Any insecticide I can get for her to kill all this terrible pest? Any experience to share?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Aiyo, another victim.

I had this problem before and I suspected that I brought the bed bugs back from my trip to a holiday island. Unfortunately, I could never solve the problem and after a few weeks I will get bitten with sores again. Tried all methods like those treatment water from DIY stores, but to no avail.

In the end, I called for pest control; 'smoked' the whole unit for about a few hours (with all windows/doors closed), and finally solved.

Do read up on some facts for bed bugs: They can actually go into hiding for like 1 to 2 months after just one feed, sleeping away in some unreachable corner of your bed/furniture and come out for their meal later...

Aiyo, another victim.

I had this problem before and I suspected that I brought the bed bugs back from my trip to a holiday island. Unfortunately, I could never solve the problem and after a few weeks I will get bitten with sores again. Tried all methods like those treatment water from DIY stores, but to no avail.

In the end, I called for pest control; 'smoked' the whole unit for about a few hours (with all windows/doors closed), and finally solved.

Do read up on some facts for bed bugs: They can actually go into hiding for like 1 to 2 months after just one feed, sleeping away in some unreachable corner of your bed/furniture and come out for their meal later...

Wow, 'smoked' the house? Will it stink or cause health hazzard? Definately will recommend to her. Is bedbug common problem? I never imagine this kind of things do happen in urban life...

Any number/company I can call?

Edited by whoelse

Wow, 'smoked' the house? Will it stink or cause health hazzard? Definately will recommend to her. Is bedbug common problem? I never imagine this kind of things do happen in urban life...

Any number/company I can call?

Of course you have to step out of the house lah! According to the guy, its best to leave it enclosed for as long as possible, so after the process, I brought my family to JB for shopping and dinner, one whole day then come back...

I have encounter with it 2 times.

1. Old house, throw away the bedframe

2. New house, only affected in 1 room, took the mattress out to sun (kena stolen), so new mattress.

Both cases, no pest control, so i'm kinda lucky.

2. New house, only affected in 1 room, took the mattress out to sun (kena stolen), so new mattress.

Haha, u r very funny...pity the thief lah...

There is a spray from NTUC. The container is green... sorry forgot the name. You can find it together with other insecticide. There are some pictures of all sorts of bugs on the container. It is really good and odorless.

My friend recommended this tip but I don't have time to experiment on it. Leave durian skin near the areas infected by bedbugs. They can't stand the smell. My friend vouch that it works and she tried it before.

For me... the spray works. Also I throw away my wooden bedframe and replace with metal ones. After all the pest is called bedbugs. I guess it don't like metal beds hee hee :bangwall:

Leave durian skin near the areas infected by bedbugs. They can't stand the smel" - So they drop dead or shift house to neighbour house? :rolleyes:

There is a spray from NTUC. The container is green... sorry forgot the name. You can find it together with other insecticide. There are some pictures of all sorts of bugs on the container. It is really good and odorless.

My friend recommended this tip but I don't have time to experiment on it. Leave durian skin near the areas infected by bedbugs. They can't stand the smell. My friend vouch that it works and she tried it before.

For me... the spray works. Also I throw away my wooden bedframe and replace with metal ones. After all the pest is called bedbugs. I guess it don't like metal beds hee hee :D

Leave durian skin near the areas infected by bedbugs. They can't stand the smel" - So they drop dead or shift house to neighbour house? :rolleyes:

They hold their breath until they suffocate and die :D

i guess the real question is HOW TO PREVENT THESE BUGS FROM COMING IN THE FIRST PLACE??

how ah???

plus how do u know its bed bugs??? can see???

bedbugmp.jpg

bedbugspots.jpg

bedbughide.jpg

Female bed bugs lay their eggs in secluded areas, depositing up to five a day and 500 during a lifetime. The eggs are tiny, whitish, and hard to see without magnification (individual eggs are about the size of a dust spec). When first laid, the eggs are sticky, causing them to adhere to substrates. Newly hatched nymphs are no bigger than a pinhead. As they grow, they molt (shed their skin) five times before reaching maturity. A blood meal is needed between each successive molt. Under favorable conditions (70 - 90° F), the bugs can complete development in as little as a month, producing three or more generations per year. Cool temperatures or limited access to a blood meal extends the development time. Bed bugs are very resilient. Nymphs can survive months without feeding and the adults for more than a year. Infestations therefore are unlikely to diminish by leaving premises unoccupied.

It often seems that bed bugs arise from nowhere. The bugs are efficient hitchhikers and are usually transported in on luggage, clothing, beds, furniture, etc. Outbreaks can often be traced to travel, especially in countries or cities where bed bugs are common. This is a particular problem for hotels, motels, and apartments, where turnover of occupants is constant. Bed bugs are small, cryptic and agile, escaping detection after crawling into suitcases, boxes, and belongings. The eggs are almost impossible to see when laid on most surfaces. Use of secondhand beds, couches, and furniture is another way that the bugs are transported into previously non-infested dwellings.

Once bed bugs are introduced, they often spread room to room throughout a building. Unlike cockroaches that feed on filth, the level of cleanliness has little to do with most bed bug infestations.

last time my mum's pl got bedbugs. my grandpa brought it back cos he went downstairs n sit on those rattan chairs den our whole hse kena.my grandpa mattress the worst, my bedframe got alot. my dad & bro use lighter burnt & den mattress exposed strong sunlight(we ve a platform outside our window so we can leave the mattress there).

in the end we changed my bedframe, sofa oso change, grandpa bed change everthing.bought new bed & mattress for him.

luckily after this incident, my mum's blk started upgrading & town council threw away all the rattan chairs at the old folks corner.

Last time I got a indian neighbour who always sun their mattress at the corridor and spray baygon on their mattress.

A few days later my room (corridor unit bedrm) got infested. Slowly they stick to my wooden desk, bed, cupboard, chair

Threw away all the furnitures in my room..but then everytime the neighbour sun their stuff, bed bugs resurface.. into the living room, bedrm again etc. Threw away sofa..everything!

End up we got fed up and shifted house.