Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
George Yeo

Rebuilding my Semi D

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

interesting that your contractor's workers build the brick wall first before erecting a concrete stiffener to tie the brick wall to. my main contractor's workers always cast the concrete stiffeners first then build the brick walls.

I suppose the recessed area on the left is for your meter compartment. from the photos it looks like the workers just lay the bricks to abut your neighbour's boundary wall column. hope that in future if your neighbour redevelops the house and tears down the column, it won't affect/damage your meter compartment.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, snoozee said:

interesting that your contractor's workers build the brick wall first before erecting a concrete stiffener to tie the brick wall to. my main contractor's workers always cast the concrete stiffeners first then build the brick walls.

I suppose the recessed area on the left is for your meter compartment. from the photos it looks like the workers just lay the bricks to abut your neighbour's boundary wall column. hope that in future if your neighbour redevelops the house and tears down the column, it won't affect/damage your meter compartment.

My contractor did construct reinforced concrete base, it was a huge job digging well below the ground with ribar. 

3 hours ago, George Yeo said:

My contractor did construct reinforced concrete base, it was a huge job digging well below the ground with ribar. 

I’m referring to the right side of the wall where the gloves are being hung from the rebars which are stuck in between the bricks. Normally a concrete stiffener would be cast with these rebars already in and tied to the vertical rebars of the stiffener then the bricks would be laid with the rebars in between every 4 layers of brick. Of cos there are multiple ways to skin a cat so this way should work as well. 
a concrete foundation is standard for building a brick wall. Cannot just build on soil as the wall may collapse in time due to soil movements

On 3/23/2020 at 6:04 PM, George Yeo said:

hi george.. can share ur contractor contacts pls .

thank u

On 9/29/2019 at 2:45 PM, George Yeo said:

Having finalised all paper works, chose an auspicious date and demolition begins. 

20190815_161738.jpg

Hi George, could you share with me ur main con contact?

On 3/23/2020 at 4:25 PM, George Yeo said:

Front view of front wall and car poach where the dumpster is placed. 

IMG_20200321_113851.jpg

Finally the interior is taking shape, once the ceiling is done I hope the flooring and kitchens would be completed by November 2020

Screenshot_20200918_214014_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

15 minutes ago, George Yeo said:

The marble dry lay being done and all set to install next month. 

Screenshot_20200918_214415.jpg

Haha. Guess we both got the Venus white from the same supplier

7D9830EE-1D2A-49C3-A9DA-1B2E93ECBE87.jpeg