Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
George Yeo

Rebuilding my Semi D

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2020 at 10:57 AM, George Yeo said:

@snoozeRon is Poon tenant. What a small world. 

if your marble floor is supposed to be sealed, do check and confirm. mine is supposed to be sealed but it didn't seem or be. initially when water is split onto it, the marble immediately turned darker due to water penetrating into the stone. I did a DIY sealing of the marble and it was a world of difference. marble no longer turned dark after mopping/spilling water.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, George Yeo said:

Glass railing at mazzanine installed, timber flooring started as well. It looks like moving in before Christmas is possible now. Cheers 

From the looks, 90% to 95% complete by Christmas maybe possible. Move in by then I think highly unlikely. 
You still got carpentry which can only be done after all the flooring and walls are finished since they need to take on site measurements. Not sure how extensive your carpentry work is but fabrication and installation is at least 2 to 3 weeks or more assuming no manpower issues. 

Then also need to do a post con survey and authorities submissions. doing the survey and getting the signed drawings is at least 1 week if fast. Submission to authorities will need for them to look and give comments or approve. PUB takes at least 2 weeks to reply to the submission. 

In order to move in, you will need BCA to grant TOP which requires clearance from all other agencies first. So if any agency don’t don’t grant clearance, your QP can’t submit to BCA as well as BCA will reply back to ask for all documents. 

anyway, the “fun” part would be cleaning up the entire house before move in. 

2 hours ago, snoozee said:

From the looks, 90% to 95% complete by Christmas maybe possible. Move in by then I think highly unlikely. 
You still got carpentry which can only be done after all the flooring and walls are finished since they need to take on site measurements. Not sure how extensive your carpentry work is but fabrication and installation is at least 2 to 3 weeks or more assuming no manpower issues. 

Then also need to do a post con survey and authorities submissions. doing the survey and getting the signed drawings is at least 1 week if fast. Submission to authorities will need for them to look and give comments or approve. PUB takes at least 2 weeks to reply to the submission. 

In order to move in, you will need BCA to grant TOP which requires clearance from all other agencies first. So if any agency don’t don’t grant clearance, your QP can’t submit to BCA as well as BCA will reply back to ask for all documents. 

anyway, the “fun” part would be cleaning up the entire house before move in. 

Yeah, just hope. BTW maincon says possible before Christmas, take it as bonus if TOP before Christmas. 

Hello George, thanks for your post. Possible for you to share the contact of your main con / architect as well as the supplier of your tiles please?  Thanks!

4 hours ago, Mandm said:

Hello George, thanks for your post. Possible for you to share the contact of your main con / architect as well as the supplier of your tiles please?  Thanks!

PMed 

47 minutes ago, George Yeo said:

Workers removing scaffolding today. Overall progressing well and hope to have TOP before Christmas. 

Screenshot_20201019_200842.jpg

When my QP was booking the date for TOP inspection in late August, the next available date reflected in the BCA TOP/CSC portal was 2 months later meaning late October

Subsequently we managed to change to an earlier date. hope you can get lucky as well when your QP goes in to book

9 hours ago, snoozee said:

When my QP was booking the date for TOP inspection in late August, the next available date reflected in the BCA TOP/CSC portal was 2 months later meaning late October

Subsequently we managed to change to an earlier date. hope you can get lucky as well when your QP goes in to book

That's what I heard too. Thanks