Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mamamiasimmy

A&A, Recostruct or New Erection

Hi all, 

I have purchsased a freehold landed inter terrace 200sqm, squarish. Need some advise before I go ahead with my contractor. However we are still in a dilemma as to which route we should go as we are on a budget after this freehold purchase. got 3 options to go, which is the most recommended among here?

To A&A: Damage ($250k++)

Front carporch balcony extension and backyard and bedroom extension .

To add one more storey: Damage ($540K++)

To new erect 3.5 storey just checked with my builder can build to 3.5 storey. Damage ($920K++)

Its a really heavy investment for us, thus we are asking some advise around.

Just worried if we add on to the existing house, will the house be able to last us more than our lifetime to pass to our children?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Thanks all forummers who have given me solid advises through inbox!:) Also some whom asked for my contractors contact due to the price, I did share with some. But I may not be able to share with all as am afraid that contractor may take up too many jobs and neglect my house. Sorry in advance and thanks again all!

40 minutes ago, eugeneleeee said:

Can I have you builders contact too? Anybody knows whats the cost to add an swimming pool? 

Swimming pool cost depends on depth, size, etc. 

my friend did a pool of about 2m by 5m for about 30k+ for her house 2 years ago. Her quotes for the same pool ranged from 30k+ to 80k+

2 minutes ago, eugeneleeee said:

I see. Thanks snoozee! wow the range is quite wide. What if I tear down the house an do up a 3 storey with swimming pool? 

I wouldn’t know the cost. You will have to get quotes from builders who tender for your job after the house design is completed and approved. Again price of a pool can vary from builder to builder and depending on your requirements. 
for my friend’s case, her pool of 30k+ is just a small percentage of her overall rebuilt cost of more than 1M

1 hour ago, snoozee said:

I wouldn’t know the cost. You will have to get quotes from builders who tender for your job after the house design is completed and approved. Again price of a pool can vary from builder to builder and depending on your requirements. 
for my friend’s case, her pool of 30k+ is just a small percentage of her overall rebuilt cost of more than 1M

I think the cost of 30K refers to only the pool pumps & filtration system. The structural (Concrete wall / base / cover for the pool, pool deck, balancing tank & pump storage) & architectural (waterproofing / tiling / timber decking, etc) is separate.

Overall cost (Architectural, Structural & Pool Pump Filtration System / Pool lights) at least 150K (conservatively based on small pool) & this is only for outdoor pool in the ground. If it's indoor & elevated (ie: pool located in 2nd storey or attic) the cost will increase.

There is also long term pool maintenance cost which varies between different pump brands / company.

4 hours ago, 3Cube said:

I think the cost of 30K refers to only the pool pumps & filtration system. The structural (Concrete wall / base / cover for the pool, pool deck, balancing tank & pump storage) & architectural (waterproofing / tiling / timber decking, etc) is separate.

Overall cost (Architectural, Structural & Pool Pump Filtration System / Pool lights) at least 150K (conservatively based on small pool) & this is only for outdoor pool in the ground. If it's indoor & elevated (ie: pool located in 2nd storey or attic) the cost will increase.

There is also long term pool maintenance cost which varies between different pump brands / company.

my friend told me 30k+ so that's what I take it as. whether all in or not I do not know as I supposed that was part of the itemised quotation provided to her by her builder. anyway it is a small pool which is more like a soaking pool for kids so not those big ones which run the entire length of the house with all the frills.

7 hours ago, eugeneleeee said:

Can I have you builders contact too? Anybody knows whats the cost to add an swimming pool? 

It's possible to do a pool for <50 for a small pool, but 2 by 5 is more like a koi pond unless you add a counter current system..

This includes the rebar concrete pool, tiles, deck and pump system..  I can share my contact, if you need it. 

20 hours ago, snoozee said:

my friend told me 30k+ so that's what I take it as. whether all in or not I do not know as I supposed that was part of the itemised quotation provided to her by her builder. anyway it is a small pool which is more like a soaking pool for kids so not those big ones which run the entire length of the house with all the frills.

Just for infor.

Example an outdoor lap pool with internal dimension as 10M Length x 2M Width x 1.5M Depth, the cost (no profit) of material only (no labor & machinery as this varies between builders) for Architectural & Structural (meaning pool base & pool wall excluding pool decking) is already $29K to $31. Also to note this cost does not include Architectural & Structural for Balancing Tank,  Assuming Balancing Tank takes up half the pool, You'll be looking at material only cost (No profit, no labor, no machinery) of $43.5K to $46.5K

Pool Pump & Filtration System, in my 20 years experience database, quotation range from $15K to $25K.

So the builder potential payout for material & pool sub-contractor range from $58.5K to $71.5K. Remember Labor & machinery cost not factor in yet.

I'm just helping all who are not in the industry to understand the cost component.

The pool size as mentioned above is based on reasonable conservative size which is suitable to be at the side of a semi-d house (Side set back 2 metre)

Also to note if pool is build on soft earth, piling cost will be added which further increase the cost.

Edited by 3Cube
Addition information

• Thanks 1

As mine is an inter terrace, want to build the swimming pool on the the garden area. quite small type .or are we able to build swimming pool on 2nd floor on 3rd floor? those overlooking like mbs type? 

6 minutes ago, eugeneleeee said:

As mine is an inter terrace, want to build the swimming pool on the the garden area. quite small type .or are we able to build swimming pool on 2nd floor on 3rd floor? those overlooking like mbs type? 

can do on upper storey. have seen inter terrace with swimming pool in place of balcony. but again it would be more like a soaking pool rather than a swimming pool.