Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Vessel

Tempered Glass Door

hi all,

I didd a search and i cant find tempered glass door topic... so i would like to ask if any contractor that do tempered glass door ?? and how much izit??

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
hi all,

I didd a search and i cant find tempered glass door topic... so i would like to ask if any contractor that do tempered glass door ?? and how much izit??

where you want to install the tempered glass door? :sport-smiley-004:

i also thinking of installing one for my kitchen entrance..... :furious:

If you have a general contractor, just ask him to do it, he'll source it for you.

Otherwise, look for "Doors" in yellow pages, call a few companies and ask.

I have found a few glass merchants/tempered glass installers by simply searching for "Tempered Glass" in the Internet Yellow Pages.

I have a question resulting from my search. The ease of sliding the glass panels must weigh heavily on the smoothness and strength of the running track cum glass clamp system. How do I ensure that I get the best, so that it'll always be easy to slide the doors over time??

I have a question resulting from my search. The ease of sliding the glass panels must weigh heavily on the smoothness and strength of the running track cum glass clamp system. How do I ensure that I get the best, so that it'll always be easy to slide the doors over time??

For that you have to rely on the brand name of the sliding mechanism. If I am not wrong Besglass and Aust-Screen have good mechanism.

if im correct Aus screen does not hav those sliding system meant for use in kitchen or bigger pc of glass. actually most sg glass co uses quite gd system. please take note, many of the shopping centres sliding doors are not done by the mentioned brand. get wat i mean?

For that you have to rely on the brand name of the sliding mechanism. If I am not wrong Besglass and Aust-Screen have good mechanism.

Do anyone know how to tell if it is tempered glass anot?

tempered glass usually has a tempered logo or wordings on that pc of glass. but you can ask them not to print it on the glass too before they do it if u dont like those print on your glass table top. print on glass dr or glass partition is ok cos it is usually a very small wordings.

tempered glass usually has a tempered logo or wordings on that pc of glass. but you can ask them not to print it on the glass too before they do it if u dont like those print on your glass table top. print on glass dr or glass partition is ok cos it is usually a very small wordings.

It is not a good idea to ask your contractor or glass supplier NOT to put the tempered glass logo on your tempered glass. They could well supply you a normal piece of glass and charge you the price of tempered. The logo is colourless anyway, so I can't imagine how much of an eyesore it can be. It's better to have, than not to have, in my opinion.

It is not a good idea to ask your contractor or glass supplier NOT to put the tempered glass logo on your tempered glass. They could well supply you a normal piece of glass and charge you the price of tempered. The logo is colourless anyway, so I can't imagine how much of an eyesore it can be. It's better to have, than not to have, in my opinion.

colorless?? how to see logo if it is colorless?? my logo is white in color. while for my tabletop i request it to print it on the thickness of the glass & coffee table is without logo cos black color glass ifwhite logo not chio liao.

if im correct Aus screen does not hav those sliding system meant for use in kitchen or bigger pc of glass. actually most sg glass co uses quite gd system. please take note, many of the shopping centres sliding doors are not done by the mentioned brand. get wat i mean?

You are right - actually my place also not using besglass or aust-screen; find them too expensive. Now still very happy with the 'normal' mechanism from your friendly 'no-brand' glass co...hehe... :dribble:

colorless?? how to see logo if it is colorless?? my logo is white in color. while for my tabletop i request it to print it on the thickness of the glass & coffee table is without logo cos black color glass ifwhite logo not chio liao.

Some people use colourless to describe white mah - if really cannot see then its transparent, not colourless!

For me I also rather to have the logo as a safeguard.

Think about this, *touchwood*: If the glass breaks, injured someone and you found that its not tempered, you would want to claim compensation from the glassmaker, isn't it? So they come and inspect, no logo, quickly push and say, "That time you did not order tempered glass".

Oh? You're on semantics here, shawn. Colourless has more than one meaning. It also means not colourful. Thanks.

Oh? You're on semantics here, shawn. Colourless has more than one meaning. It also means not colourful. Thanks.

oh i see, sorry to hav misunderstand you. hope u don't mind. cos i tot u type it wrong so i mention it. no hard feelings ok? cos im a direct n simple person, what color i see i think it is so please understand.