Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Vessel

Tempered Glass Door

i'm a little concerned as the quote given by my contractor is $1400 for tempered glass doors (swing) for both toilets. seems expensive...

:jawdrop:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
oh no! should i go direct to supplier instead?

I did my tempered glass door (frosted) with hinges that swing 180 degrees at about $480 (can't rem exact price).

So far so good :)

Oh, its by Doctor Doors.

I did my tempered glass door (frosted) with hinges that swing 180 degrees at about $480 (can't rem exact price).

So far so good :)

Oh, its by Doctor Doors.

I still have my glass supplier contact, he is very frank when I ask him abtfor my mirrors & glass works. the mirrors & glass. I took his words for it & had been 3 yrs now no complain for the mirros & glass works. my 1st sengkang flat mirror is done by them too, when i moved, the mirror still brand new.

Hi Silhouette and Surechatz,

Do you still have the contact details of the your glass contractors? My walk-in wardrobe tempered glass door shattered. I need to get it replaced....Will be a great help if you could share it with me.

Edited by hasibee

For toilet door?

Here are the price which my contrcator quote,

Toilet swing door tempered glass (sandblast) = $445.

Shower screen swing door with fixed panel = $380.

Hope that's does help.

Cheers!

Hi jadens28,

can i hv ur contractor contacts?

Edited by Iffah

my contract states "tempered"

but if my glass does not have the logo/wordings printed "tempered" on it..

and ID cannot give me proof/confidence that it is tempered glass.. and for me to trust him...

do u think its ok to reject all the glassworks?

he has not been honest with my over the past 5 months.. charge a lot but give low cost quality stuff... so im kinda worried now..

my contract states "tempered"

but if my glass does not have the logo/wordings printed "tempered" on it..

and ID cannot give me proof/confidence that it is tempered glass.. and for me to trust him...

do u think its ok to reject all the glassworks?

he has not been honest with my over the past 5 months.. charge a lot but give low cost quality stuff... so im kinda worried now..

now you got me worried..mine told me its not necessary to use tempered glass as the glass backing for kitchen and from the quote if i'm not careful mine also tries to trim a little on the material used...care to PM me your ID? hope its nt the same fellow

now you got me worried..mine told me its not necessary to use tempered glass as the glass backing for kitchen and from the quote if i'm not careful mine also tries to trim a little on the material used...care to PM me your ID? hope its nt the same fellow

What do you mean glass backing for kitchen, you mean as backsplash? IMHO it is still essential to use tempered glass.

Found this in a quick internet search.

http://www.glasskoteusa.com/backsplash.html

And don't worry about stoves and heat. GlassKote USA recommends the use of tempered glass which can withstand a rapid heat shock, so it won't crack if you accidentally rest a hot pot against the backsplash.

Hi,

Been a while since I last log in. I find that the topic is somhow related. My toilet glass door hinges came out but I am confused who do I call to do the repair.

I am still keeping touch with my electrician that did my house in 2009 but he quoted me $180 for the replacement of the hinges only.

I am thinking that the price is a bit steep. Is there anyone that able to recommend me any contacts, if not who do I find? a general contractor?

Edited by LitteDreamer

Hi,

Been a while since I last log in. I find that the topic is somhow related. My toilet glass door hinges came out but I am confused who do I call to do the repair.

I am still keeping touch with my electrician that did my house in 2009 but he quoted me $180 for the replacement of the hinges only.

I am thinking that the price is a bit steep. Is there anyone that able to recommend me any contacts, if not who do I find? a general contractor?

Find the contractor or ID firm that renovated your house previously.

I just visited Besglas in IMM. Decided to change the yard door to Ezi instead of Movi coz of space constraints. Not sure if I should get the frosted glass door from them or my ID. Besglas charges $634 b4 gst. ID changing me $650 no gst. Was told by the sales staff that the hinges are from Australia.

What do u guys think?