Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi all,

I'm thinking of engaging Plus Interior Design. Have anyone used them before and any comments?

Cheers.

We had Plus to carry out reno for our 5rm HDB. Designer was Dawn Au, nice girl.

Reasons, in descending order according to our priority:

1) Design. One of the best, aesthetically & practicality. You can check out their collection of works from their photo albums @ their showroom. Personally, I like their showroom the best. It's a resort style showroom, beautifully crafted. We didn't go for this style though, but since they seem to have the best sense of style/ design for me, we had no problem choosing them. If you like resort theme, then they are a good option.

2) Connection with designer. Dawn is a very understanding chap. She always listens to our needs before she pauses for a while to weigh the pros & cons of doing certain thing. We like the fact that she is strong both in design & technical details. We've been to a lot of ID firms -- some designers are strong in design, but lack technical knowledge. Some are good in technical, but don't have a good sense of design. On top of that, she's not pushy.

3) Price. Not the very best I must say. Their initial quote was about 10-20% higher than average. But we managed to negotiate, although ended up still higher than norms. But it's OK, so long as we are happy working with her & we are satisfied, we are fine paying a premium.

Hope that helps. PM me if you want her number.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
im meeting the ID tonite...call Gordon....anyone have any experience with him b4?

my meeting with gordon went well, impression quite good and some of the ideas he proposed i think quite match me, shall wait for him to send me teh drawings n costing.

Hi queen and ferfianb!

I am also using plus interior..

ferdianb, have you started on your reno yet?

my comments for plus so far--

Things we like-

1. Fast and efficient: One of the main reasons why we chose plus

2. Transparent pricing

3. Sincere

4. ID is always there for u - think this is very impt as it will be quite frustrating if u cant find ur ID

5. Little delay in progress

Things we dun like:

1. 3D drawings are not professionally done.. but this is not done by dawn, but by a designated designer. so it's quite exasperating to see the 3d drawings looking like cartoons.. which is why we nvr post it on our blog.

2. Co is very by the book and not very flexible

3. Higher than average pricing

4. like many firms, not very "on top" of defects. We wld prefer if ID will check defects for us and get it rectified but no.. we have to check and argue for change ourselves

5. Uneven tiles in the living room Skills of tiler not as good as we like

Overall, the experience is not very smooth sailing but think it's quite unlikely that it is for reno...

Edited by ZaCo

saw the 3d designs the ID provided, not too bad but dun have the wow feel, will think realli through regarding the design, quote b4 making a decision but nice chap lah

Hi,

I've wanted to share my house reno experience for quite a while but held it back as it will only be fair to give my ID a second chance to redeem himself. However, now that he has totally disappoint us, it only fair for us to share with those who are planning to use Plus Interior to have second thoughts on it.

I'm currently using Jaxxx Ng from Plus Interior as it was recommended by one of my friends. Like any other house owner, we did our research on other interior designs and contractors before confirming on the ID which we wanted to engage. Some had great designs but were relatively expensive well others had great pricing (cheap) but we doubt on their workmanship. Finally, we settled down with Plus Interior. In fact, some of our friends' house were done up by them. Hence, we were assured on the quality and workmanship.

Now, our renovation is 50% done up but we were utterly disappointed with their workmanship. This is a very broad statement. Thus, let me justify it with some facts on why we felt the workmanship was poor:

1. Some of edges where there is ABS rimming have popped up.

2. WIW: quotation indicated that the price paid for is for laminate but ID proposed PVC white which is a cheaper quality

3. WIW PVC white: discoloration on the drawers i.e. some abit yellowish and others white.

4. MBR full height headboard: obvious gap between the ceiling and headboard

5. He forgot to inform the carpenter to place the powerpoint wiring at the dressing table and hence, he took a short cut method to rectify it by asking the electrician to lengthen the wiring and use the casing to extend it into the dressing table.

ETC

Right from the start, there was no creativity input from the ID on the design. That was fine for us as we thought that perhaps his strength was in the carpentry. Thus, the design was provided by us. To put it bluntly, since both his creativity and workmanship sucks, I question what is his value add as an ID? also, shouldn't he be more professionally by not constantly telling us that his boss is a stingy man and he wants to leave the organisation to set up his own company?

PS: I've also had the same experience with ZaCo on the last 2 items under 'Dislike'

Edited by heartya

Hi,

I've wanted to share my house reno experience for quite a while but held it back as it will only be fair to give my ID a second chance to redeem himself. However, now that he has totally disappoint us, it only fair for us to share with those who are planning to use Plus Interior to have second thoughts on it.

I'm currently using Jaxxx Ng from Plus Interior as it was recommended by one of my friends. Like any other house owner, we did our research on other interior designs and contractors before confirming on the ID which we wanted to engage. Some had great designs but were relatively expensive well others had great pricing (cheap) but we doubt on their workmanship. Finally, we settled down with Plus Interior. In fact, some of our friends' house were done up by them. Hence, we were assured on the quality and workmanship.

Now, our renovation is 50% done up but we were utterly disappointed with their workmanship. This is a very broad statement. Thus, let me justify it with some facts on why we felt the workmanship was poor:

1. Some of edges where there is ABS rimming have popped up.

2. WIW: quotation indicated that the price paid for is for laminate but ID proposed PVC white which is a cheaper quality

3. WIW PVC white: discoloration on the drawers i.e. some abit yellowish and others white.

4. MBR full height headboard: obvious gap between the ceiling and headboard

5. He forgot to inform the carpenter to place the powerpoint wiring at the dressing table and hence, he took a short cut method to rectify it by asking the electrician to lengthen the wiring and use the casing to extend it into the dressing table.

ETC

Right from the start, there was no creativity input from the ID on the design. That was fine for us as we thought that perhaps his strength was in the carpentry. Thus, the design was provided by us. To put it bluntly, since both his creativity and workmanship sucks, I question what is his value add as an ID? also, shouldn't he be more professionally by not constantly telling us that his boss is a stingy man and he wants to leave the organisation to set up his own company?

PS: I've also had the same experience with ZaCo on the last 2 items under 'Dislike'

We went to Plus interior design today. met Daryl Lee, he seems to be pretty nice, and understand our requirements. We have not appointed him as our ID. Anyone has comments about his work?

Edited by darkchoco@live.com.sg

Dear all,

May I check for those that are not satisfactory with the workmanship of the tiling work from Plus Interior, how do you go about resolving the issue with them?

Persoanlly, we have bad experience with them and is looking to resolve the issue. We are unhappy with their level of service and attitude.

I understand this is an old thread but from it, I read that Plus Interior always has this problem on uneven tiles. So I am looking for other customers who encounter the same problem as us.

Thanks.

i met 3 IDs at the Home Ideas fair at Expo back in mid-Jul.

Plus Interior was one of them. Gave them my floorplan, and discussed the theme that I wanted. Was told by the ID he would get back to me in about 2-3 weeks. To-date, not a single contact from him. No calls, no emails, nothing.

The other 2 IDs I met were ** and Fuse Concept. Check my posts in their respective threads for my feedback on them if you're interested.

i met 3 IDs at the Home Ideas fair at Expo back in mid-Jul.

Plus Interior was one of them. Gave them my floorplan, and discussed the theme that I wanted. Was told by the ID he would get back to me in about 2-3 weeks. To-date, not a single contact from him. No calls, no emails, nothing.

The other 2 IDs I met were ** and Fuse Concept. Check my posts in their respective threads for my feedback on them if you're interested.

good luck if anyone were to go for plus interior....... quality is bad..... sigh.. how i wish i can turn back the clock....hope you folks can help to share... do not wish to see another frustrated victim like me...