peachpeach

step by step guide for inter terrace

snoozeee, below are my guesstimate for the cost :

a&a : extention + aa $350psf

government admin ( BCA, Soil analysis, ura  etc) : 30k

PE : 3k

Architect : 30k

is it a good guesstimate ?

is 350psf inclusive of carpentry, electrical fittings, aircon, toilet bowl etc?

any more cost to add?

Edited by peachpeach

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

PE will cost you more than 3K. I guess somewhere around high tens or low twenties.

authorities fees will be

URA - $3210 or $6420 depending on A&A or Reconstruction
BCA - submission of plans and buying of existing plans
NParks (may or may not be needed)
SCDF (may not be needed unless you add additional attic which could mean need to clear fire code since become 4 storeys building)
PUB (if need to relocate water meter)
SP services (if need to upgrade electrical supply)

professional fees

architect
PE
RTO

other admin fees

topo survey - about 2k
soil investigation - about 3k

do note that if your project involved the external public road area, then LTA will be involved as well. however, submissions and clearance from LTA and PUB does not involved any fees.

also, if the house is already fibre ready, make sure your contractor does not cut the fibre, etc. else you need to pay Netlink trust 1k+ to redo the fibre optic cable.

posts kept getting hidden

PE will cost more than 3k. high tens of low to mid twenty thousands

you also need to cater for RTO fees (a few thousands), topo survey fees and PUB and/or SP services fees if you need to relocate or upgrade water meter or electrical supply.

Edited by snoozee

depends on whether you are redoing the entire house's electrical, plumbing and sanitary or not. assuming you are redoing everything, 100k may or may not be enough for the plumbing and electrical sub-contractors.

do note that you still need to set aside a sum for light fittings and sanitary fittings.

electrical contractor may include light switches and power sockets in the contract but this would be limited to the basic (aka cheapest) range of switches and sockets. if you want designer stuff which costs like $50 per switch, then it's separate quote.

sanitary fittings can also run up to a few thousand dollars. a WC can be a few hundred dollars and you need to buy multiple which total to a few k already. if you are into those brands like toto, roca, duravit, hansgrohe, etc, be prepared to spend more than 10k on sanitary ware

3 hours ago, snoozee said:

posts kept getting hidden

PE will cost more than 3k. high tens of low to mid twenty thousands

you also need to cater for RTO fees (a few thousands), topo survey fees and PUB and/or SP services fees if you need to relocate or upgrade water meter or electrical supply.

Me too. Posts keep getting hidden

The forum is deterring real posters. 

30k to re do electrical 

plumbing is about there too. 

Hi snoozee,

1. How do I determine if I need do redo all the plumbing ? I would Guess the contractor will want me to do but just how do I know if it is a necessary step ?

2. For subsequent viewing, is it ok and normal to bring in more than 1 builder to view the house and give a quotation later ? 
3. if I were to speak to the neighbours, what are some of the good relevant qns that can help me ?

If your house is more than 20 years old, it’s best to redo electrical and plumbing..

you can bring more than one builder but I suggest you avoid letting them come at one time. Not so nice..

Pete has mentioned that best is change the plumbing and electrical if house is old. 
reason is because the materials may deteriorate over time. Eg: a water pipe valve may not be leaking now. But after you turn off and on since it has not been used for so long, the valve may start to leak so you will need to change it

If you have already signed and excercised the OTP, you can arrange for builders to go in to see, subjected to convenience of the seller also. Else not nice to keep bringing people in if nothing has been signed. 

no point taking to neighbors since each house is different

I have just purchased a 4 level landed. Is about 9 years old. Dont intend to do major work.

Still have some questions to ask the expert here.

1) Costs for  polishing flooring? level 1 is marble while 2-4 are parquet flooring.

2) re-paint the whole house.

3) Tear door feature walls, table and platform wall in living room, master bedroom and one extra room. 2 other rooms not much work.

4) False ceiling to be done on level 2-4.. includes wiring in every room.

5) wet and dry kitchen cabinet looks good for the time being. Plubming should not changed since only 9 years old. No intend to touch it.

6) Wall paper and wardrobe in master bedroom. - Just painting in 4 other rooms.

7) Air-con replacement.

May i know what is the rough gauge for each item? Did i missed something "big".

Will 150K enough to do what i have listed?

7 minutes ago, EricTan100 said:

I have just purchased a 4 level landed. Is about 9 years old. Dont intend to do major work.

Still have some questions to ask the expert here.

1) Costs for  polishing flooring? level 1 is marble while 2-4 are parquet flooring.

2) re-paint the whole house.

3) Tear door feature walls, table and platform wall in living room, master bedroom and one extra room. 2 other rooms not much work.

4) False ceiling to be done on level 2-4.. includes wiring in every room.

5) wet and dry kitchen cabinet looks good for the time being. Plubming should not changed since only 9 years old. No intend to touch it.

6) Wall paper and wardrobe in master bedroom. - Just painting in 4 other rooms.

7) Air-con replacement.

May i know what is the rough gauge for each item? Did i missed something "big".

Will 150K enough to do what i have listed?

congrats on your purchase. FYI, there is no 4 storey landed house in Singapore. yours should be a 3 storey house with attic.

is yours a semi-d or inter-terrace?

marble polish could be 1 or 2k I guess? parquet sand down and re-varnish could be 1k plus at least.

painting could set you back by maybe 10k to 15k for whole house. semi-d got more external walls so would cost more as also need to erect more scaldfolding.

note that after you tear down those feature walls or build in furniture, you need to do the plastering of the walls again so will incur additional cost.

why do you want to do false ceilings? to hide the beams? by doing up false ceilings, your rooms will become "shorter" and will look smaller. unless its for fengshui or other reasons. for normal gypsum board ceilings, expect to pay about 8k to 10k for your rooms (estimated cos don't know the exact sqf required). if you need to do ceiling for toilets, then need to use calcium silicate boards which would be more expensive.

a build in wardrobe would cost about 260 to 300 per foot run depending on height of your ceiling. so a 10 feet wide (3m) wardrobe would set you back by about 3k.

not sure how many aircon you want to replace. but for your 3.5 storey house, I would guess at least 6 wall mount units and 2 ceiling cassette units. so expect to budget at least 30k for this.

if you want to rewire every room, expect to pay quite a bit for this especially if the existing cables are all concealed. cos your contractor may need to hack the walls to find the wiring junction boxes and this will end up adding up the cost as then need to patch back the walls before painting.

I would think 150k should be doable. but again i'm not a contractor so some items are guesstimates.

Electrical should be 30-40k for such a large rewiring job.

Make sure it's a licensed person. I had a very smart chap, who even helped with the internet fibre cable. He also labelled every power socket and did the same in the DB. 
Suggest you have a DB on each floor or at least on the three main floors...

6 minutes ago, petetherock said:

Electrical should be 30-40k for such a large rewiring job.

Make sure it's a licensed person. I had a very smart chap, who even helped with the internet fibre cable. He also labelled every power socket and did the same in the DB. 
Suggest you have a DB on each floor or at least on the three main floors...

not sure if your job need to do submission. but mine also have labels on the sockets and DB, etc as later need to perform electrical testing by SP. they will also provide a single line drawing for me after commissioning as well. I think these are the basic requirements for electrical installation for submission to SP.

I had wanted to have DB boxes for each floor initially but ended up giving up the idea as the space needed to house the DB box would become wasted. so ended up centralise everything in my main store room instead.

3 hours ago, snoozee said:

congrats on your purchase. FYI, there is no 4 storey landed house in Singapore. yours should be a 3 storey house with attic.

is yours a semi-d or inter-terrace?

marble polish could be 1 or 2k I guess? parquet sand down and re-varnish could be 1k plus at least.

painting could set you back by maybe 10k to 15k for whole house. semi-d got more external walls so would cost more as also need to erect more scaldfolding.

note that after you tear down those feature walls or build in furniture, you need to do the plastering of the walls again so will incur additional cost.

why do you want to do false ceilings? to hide the beams? by doing up false ceilings, your rooms will become "shorter" and will look smaller. unless its for fengshui or other reasons. for normal gypsum board ceilings, expect to pay about 8k to 10k for your rooms (estimated cos don't know the exact sqf required). if you need to do ceiling for toilets, then need to use calcium silicate boards which would be more expensive.

a build in wardrobe would cost about 260 to 300 per foot run depending on height of your ceiling. so a 10 feet wide (3m) wardrobe would set you back by about 3k.

not sure how many aircon you want to replace. but for your 3.5 storey house, I would guess at least 6 wall mount units and 2 ceiling cassette units. so expect to budget at least 30k for this.

if you want to rewire every room, expect to pay quite a bit for this especially if the existing cables are all concealed. cos your contractor may need to hack the walls to find the wiring junction boxes and this will end up adding up the cost as then need to patch back the walls before painting.

I would think 150k should be doable. but again i'm not a contractor so some items are guesstimates.

You are right. is a 3 + attic.

We dont intend to do painting on facet. Mainly internal.

I am thinking false ceiling mainly want to install those "squarish LED light". Is there any other option? Intend to put ceiling fan in every room. For the time being, every room have only 1 x lighting point. So my idea is to have false ceiling and put upto 9 LED in every room.

For aircon, has 7 wall mount and 2 ceiling cassette units.  I will ask my seller is there any wrong with internal piping.. Intend to replace compressor and all units less piping.

reiwring of every rooms is mainly for the LED on ceiling. Any good idea to make it bright with less money?

I hope that I just need to reuse the DB box with the same amount of wires going to each room. Just doing re-wring in each room and not pulling new one from DB box. Need to know the electrical budget planned for in each room. Any idea?