Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
AlanQuah

Pest control/prevention during renovation

Hi, I purchase an old house and target to start renovation before moving in, in apr to jun 20. It will be major renovation without A&A. Will remove part of the flooring and old furnishing. I m thinking of doing a preventive pest control before installing the new furniture. 

Not very well verse in such stuff and when it should be during the whole renovation processs. Hope to get some advise from any expert here.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

There is already a thread titled "Termite treatment?"

As this forum hide post with web link, you can do a forum search for the title.

Alternatively, google for keyword "NEA Pest Control Operator" for the full list of licensed pest control company.

Normally, if your property does not have expose soil (ie: turfing, garden, etc), which also means your property's entire ground is covered with concrete floor slab,  in my opinion, I wouldn't waste the money & do my own checks periodically.

Do note that I say this because generally warranty does not cover much liability on damages by termite. Hence I stress that you look through your warranty terms to understand what is covered & weigh the cost against what is covered for damages (ie: it will better if warranty cover for replacement of damages, in monetary or the likes in full when termite do occur)

5 hours ago, 3Cube said:

There is already a thread titled "Termite treatment?"

As this forum hide post with web link, you can do a forum search for the title.

Alternatively, google for keyword "NEA Pest Control Operator" for the full list of licensed pest control company.

Normally, if your property does not have expose soil (ie: turfing, garden, etc), which also means your property's entire ground is covered with concrete floor slab,  in my opinion, I wouldn't waste the money & do my own checks periodically.

Do note that I say this because generally warranty does not cover much liability on damages by termite. Hence I stress that you look through your warranty terms to understand what is covered & weigh the cost against what is covered for damages (ie: it will better if warranty cover for replacement of damages, in monetary or the likes in full when termite do occur)

Thanks Cube

I m coming from the preventive measure point for view... trying to find information but seems like not a lot of information on this. 

It's a good idea. Talk to one of the larger companies, and they can tie up with the right timing. If you do a tear down, you will only want to do it at certain stages, eg they can inspect when the tear down is complete, check the neighbor's roof / attic and treat closer to completion.

The most common household pests are, of course, cockroaches. They are carriers of infections and diseases, multiply extremely quickly and are very tenacious. Cockroaches can go without food for a long time, and also adapt to poisons, so it is difficult to get rid of them even with the help of chemicals. No less common are dust mites — microscopic insects that live on bookshelves, in furniture upholstery, and other dusty places. They often cause allergic reactions and can cause asthma. In fact, I'm very familiar with all this since I've been through it. A couple of years ago, we bought a house that we thought was perfect. After starting repairs there and dismantling the floors, it turned out that it was full of cockroaches. After searching the Internet for a solution, we came across pest control, which helped us. I hope you can solve your problem quickly!

• Like 1

This is a good idea. The pests like squirrels could've damaged the electrical wires, and even worse, the house insulation. I also had some problems with these living beings. I can recommend to you the squirrel removal company that I personally used. There is a slight chance that nothing is wrong with your house. However, it's better to be prepared. Just give those guys a call. They are good experts in this industry, and I am sure that they can help you. Hope you will find my message helpful.

On 5/7/2022 at 1:33 AM, tysoncortwright9 said:

This is the right decision cause after the repair. Your home shouldn't remain a reason for the spread of pests.

If you are renovating, the best option is to exterminate the insects after the old furniture has been removed and the wallpaper and floor coverings have been removed. This will leave less room for cockroaches and bed bugs to hide. Even though there are a huge number of remedies for insects in household stores, not all of them are effective. If we are talking about many insects, it is better to contact experts in pest control. I recommend the services of https://enviropcs.com.au/. They will do everything to rid your home of pests. You can not carry out disinsection by yourself because conventional means do not always help get rid of all types of insects.

Renovations can be exciting but also come with challenges, like pest control. From my own experience, I know how important it is to address this issue early on.
I stumbled upon a website for pest control that offers helpful tips and services for pest control during renovations. They might have some great advice for you. Check it out at: https://ajverminatorpestcontrol.com/.
Taking preventive measures before installing new furniture is a smart move. It'll ensure you start fresh without any unwanted guests. Best of luck with your renovation journey, and I hope your new home becomes the cozy haven you envision!

Edited by bessiebeardsley

Hello! If you are looking for safe and powerful pest control , then ehrlich pest control customer service is the place for you. In them, you can find many products for different types of animals such as opossums, ducks, wild cats, foxes, wallabies, and others. Their eco-friendly products are proven by years of use by thousands families across the country with ehrlich. Therefore I recommend it!