Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

I wanted vinyl flooring for my kitchen, living hall and bedrooms. My cement screed was done at a lower height, shortage abt 7mm - 10mm from my kitchen existing tiles. I was unable to have my vinyl levelled between kitchen and living hall. They have to put on an pvc cap between kitchen and living hall. Is there anyway to fix this? I was expecting the whole flooring to be of the same level. 

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Normally kitchen will be at a lower level than living room since it is a wet area so as to prevent water from flowing to living room in case of washing the floor. Only way to fix is to add more screed to same level as living room

both. too thin will not provide enough strength to the screed. too thick may also crack due to the uneven drying of the screed.

you can search online for data sheets from screed manufacturers and they normally recommend thickness of 10mm to 40/50mm. if need more then usual case is pour concrete to top up then apply screed.

of cos if you insist on doing it and am willing to bear any consequences of it and indemnify your contractor I don't think he will not do it if he is paid. it's just that if anything happens, he may tell you, "I told you so"