Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Hi guys, 

would like to seek some advise here. Recently i came across a house that i like. However, this was supposed to be a end terrace house, meaning the house was in the middle of a whole stretch of inter terrace house previously but around 10 plus years ago govt take back the unit beside and clear the house into public walkway. That means the unit becomes a end terrace house. So the question that i have is because i intend to rebuild this, will this falls under corner terrace category or inter terrace category. Reason for this being  important is because if this is considered a corner, then would have to leave a side clearance of 2m thereby making the build up very small and not ideal. where can i check on this information or anyone has any idea?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

corner terrace, end terrace, inter terrace all fall under the same category of being a terrace house. a terrace house has a minimum plot width of 6m and corner terrace min of 8m. if the existing house currently has a width of only 6m, then you are unlikely required to provide the 2m setback and can build right up to the boundary.

best is write to URA with the address of the said house to clarify what are the set back requirements of the plot of land.

On 7/5/2021 at 8:56 PM, tomasulu said:

I’ve successfully appealed for no set back in rebuilding my previous place. That house was built to the boundary. 

congrats! what is the land size? I am planning to rebuild a corner terrace as well.

Edited by kellogs