Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
peachpeach

thoughts on this corner terrace

i havent ask any builder officially (although i should). 

this is a corner terrace and i want to see how much i can max it out :

1. side (seems limited and wonder if its even worth it)

2. front porch

3. back (seems right to the end of the boundary, but what can i possibly do since BR 3 is abit small)

All the rooms feel abit small, just want to check if u get the same feeling as well? or is this rather standard size.

nn.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

your peekture a bit small. can't see the dimensions clearly. but it does seem that the house is already built to the maximum allowed based on the various set backs.

having a corner terrace is similar to having a semi-detached house. the open side makes ALOT of difference in terms of letting light in and providing air flow. for a inter terrace, you can get only light and airflow from the front and back. but in a corner terrace or semi-d, you get it from the sides as well.

for bedrooms, can't see the dimensions. but my estimate is that bedroom 3 is about 8.75sqm which seems to be quite ok in size for a child's room

a corner terrace and semi-d has the same setbacks

front - 7.5m from boundary to building line
car porch can start 2.4m from front boundary line

side and rear has 2m setback

if you are saying the edge of the front porch is 6.1m from the front boundary, I assume (estimated scale) your building line is starting about 11.5m from the front boundary line. so you can potentially push the front out by 4m.

if you do not need the family room on the 2nd storey, just get rid of it and then push bedroom 2 to start in line with the bathroom. then you can get a much bigger bedroom 3. your master bedroom can also then start from the staircase line as well since you are pushing the front of the master outwards already. if you want, can also potentially add another ensuite for bedroom 2 in the area opposite the common toilet now.

honestly speaking, my estimate is that the land size is about 2800sqf which is just slightly smaller than a semi-d. not sure how much the house is being listed for but seems quite good in terms of potential

yes land about 2800sqft. but then if i remove the family room. it becomes a 3 br only, which is not ideal given i need min 4. in fact, i was hoping to push the master in front and so i can create another room or make room 2/3 bigger. not sure why but the rooms does give a v small feeling when i step into it. but i dont know what is the issue. 

is pushing out 4m considered great potential that i can potentially add another normal sized room? 

is the house still occupied when you viewed it? the furniture inside the rooms will make the a room look smaller than an empty room

some ideas for you to think about. i'm assuming the front can be pushed out by 4m and the sides by 1m. then for bedroom 2 and new bedroom, you can create a jack & jill toilet in between them. the master toilet needs to be relocated but where to move it to depends on where the waste pipes are running. if the 1st storey is about 4.5m from floor to floor, running new waste pipes below the floor slab should not be much problem to eat into the 1st storey ceiling height so you can push the new master toilet to the front. for toilets, it is best to have a window for natural ventilation so usually it is best to locate them next to the building wall instead of inside the house.

2020-03-02_17-22-05.jpg

thanks snooze!! always so helpful , appreciate. 

this house has a particular uncommon position of the gate. where does the boundary start (where do i start measuring the setback)-   wall A or B (where the gate is)?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Corner

|                                    

|

|
Wall A                                            ------------------------------------------------------------           

|                                                       |              House

|                                                       |

----------Gate (---------) B------------- ---|-----------------------------------------------------------

I believe the car porch set back would be taken from wall A. so from wall A to the house would be 7.5m and from wall A to the edge of the car porch would be 2.4m

On 3/3/2020 at 9:15 AM, snoozee said:

I believe the car porch set back would be taken from wall A. so from wall A to the house would be 7.5m and from wall A to the edge of the car porch would be 2.4m

The 2.4 metre clearance is from car porch ROOF's edge to front boundary (Main Gate).

38 minutes ago, 3Cube said:

The 2.4 metre clearance is from car porch ROOF's edge to front boundary (Main Gate).

yes I think you are right. then the car porch roof will have a set back of 2m from wall A instead.

On 3/5/2020 at 10:09 AM, snoozee said:

HTH

2020-03-02_17-22-05.jpg

The 2.4 metre clearance from the side (right side of picture) is NOT REQUIRED. Meaning you can extend car porch roof to the share party wall.

Also to note above the car porch roof cannot have an enclosed (meaning brick wall enclosure) room