Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Phillip1234

Need advice. Who shld pay for defects that occur after getting OTP?

I am planning to buy a HDB resale flat that is relatively new, around 6 yrs old. I don't intend to do much renovation and hope to be able take over the flat in good condition.

Sellers would usually remove all movable items and leave the fixtures in the flat when moving out. I have not obtained the OTP yet. What should I do if I want to ensure that I can take over a flat in good condition after purchase? (ie. four walls, flooring, electrical wirings, plumbing, existing fixtures/carpentry in good condition)

After exercising my OTP but before the HDB Resale Completion Appt, there may be cases where damage may occur in the flat while the seller moves out. If I discover damage before the resale completion appt, and the damaged item was in good condition when I got the OTP, then will I be able to get compensation or get the seller to repair damage? If yes, how do I ensure that I am compensated and will it be easy for me to obtain the compensation?

I hope that an experienced property agent will be able to advise on this. BTW, I am still looking for a good agent to help me with my property search.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation