Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Ptrgn

Advice needed

Hi, like to seek some advice. 

This is the drainage pipe my contractor did for me. He said that it cannot extend one end higher over the other and need to follow Hdb tile level. So I'm stuck with this. But my question is: Is what he said true? And if yes won't this clog over the long run? I won't name the contractor for the time being as it's not a shame and blame circus I'm interested in. I just like to seek advice from the folks here and try to solve my problem. Thanks

15838163974435692820249229891187.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
19 minutes ago, snoozee said:

maybe you can elaborate on what you want to do? can't give you advise if no one knows what you have in mind

It's a drainage pipe for my kitchen sink. I'm asking if there's alternate ways or method as this seem to clog quite frequently in the long run? I measure using a gyroscope and although the right side is 8° to 10° higher than the left. It doesn't seem sufficient for the kitchen sink. However my contractor assured me that its normal. I'm asking for any well-meaning input. Thank you.

54 minutes ago, Ptrgn said:

It's a drainage pipe for my kitchen sink. I'm asking if there's alternate ways or method as this seem to clog quite frequently in the long run? I measure using a gyroscope and although the right side is 8° to 10° higher than the left. It doesn't seem sufficient for the kitchen sink. However my contractor assured me that its normal. I'm asking for any well-meaning input. Thank you.

if I'm not wrong, PUB requires a minimum of 1:90 and maximum of 1:70 gradient for the waste pipes so you can check if your pipes are within the range or not. of cos slightly more seems better but is it necessary? if there's any chokes, it would be more due to your under sink water trap being choked rather than the drain pipe.

I assume that you would be building a cabinet and counter top over this area. by running the pipe in this manner, it allows the pipe to be hidden below the cabinets as well. unless you want your pipes to be run something like my picture then you will have problems hiding the pipes and having proper storage area for the cabinets.

2020-03-10_15-23-33.jpg

1 hour ago, snoozee said:

if I'm not wrong, PUB requires a minimum of 1:90 and maximum of 1:70 gradient for the waste pipes so you can check if your pipes are within the range or not. of cos slightly more seems better but is it necessary? if there's any chokes, it would be more due to your under sink water trap being choked rather than the drain pipe.

I assume that you would be building a cabinet and counter top over this area. by running the pipe in this manner, it allows the pipe to be hidden below the cabinets as well. unless you want your pipes to be run something like my picture then you will have problems hiding the pipes and having proper storage area for the cabinets.

2020-03-10_15-23-33.jpg

Thank you for yr kind advice. I'll take that in mind and do some further reading. :)