Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sleepsherpa

Yaasa Weighted Blanket: Knitted Comfort

Yaasa is a furniture company that makes mattresses, adjustable beds, desks, and bedding. They are based out of Santa Barbara, California and are known for producing products that are both innovative and stylish. The recent addition of their weighted blanket is no exception. Most weighted blankets on the market are made with glass beads sewn into the fabric for weight. Yaasa instead knits their weighted blanket making it breathable and stylish so that you will actually want to leave it out.

Why Do You Need a Weighted Blanket?

If you haven’t tried a weighted blanket, you owe it to yourself to experience it. A good weighted blanket feels like a reassuring hug that instantly gives you a feeling of security and calm. It’s a big reason why first responders wrap trauma victims in blankets. But you don’t need to be under duress to get reap the benefits of a weighted blanket.

There are now all kinds of weighted blankets to choose from but Yaasa has a ***** that takes weighted blankets to the next level.

Ordering the Yaasa Weighted Blanket

You can order this blanket directly from the Yaasa website. It currently retails for $249 in the 15 lb. weight and $269 in the 20 lb. weight. For this review, I received the 15 lb. weight in a cream color. As you can see below, the blanket comes wrapped in plastic to keep it clean.

Yaasa Weighted Blanket Packaging

I noticed that there was a bit of a new fabric smell to this blanket but if you air it out for a bit it should be fine. Here’s what it looks like out of the packaging. Unlike a normal weighted blanket, this is knitted with large cables of fabric that give the blanket its weight but also make it very breathable.  This is a great design because it is also stylish.

folded weighted blanket

Construction of the Weighted Blanket

Below are the construction details of the blanket as listed on the Yaasa website.

Dimensions and Weights

15 lbs

Length 72″ x Width 40″

20lbs

Length 72″ x Width 45″

Materials

Cover

100% Cotton

Filling

100% Polypropylene Fibers

Warranty

Every Yaasa Weighted Blanket comes with a 1-year warranty.

Shipping

The Yaasa Weighted Blankets ship from Santa Barbara, California using FedEX ground.

Country of Origin

Made in China.

My Yaasa Weighted Blanket Findings

This blanket has a unique feel. I like that you can stretch it out a bit as it is a loose-knit. Here you can see that I can easily poke my fingers through it.

knitted blanket

In the picture below I am using it on my Sol Tec Lounge meditation chair. I use weighted blankets because it helps me relax and stay grounded.

Yaasa Weighted Blanket

According to the care instructions, the blanket should be dry cleaned only. I suspect this is because they don’t want the yarn coming through in the washing machine. I think this would be problematic with a washing machine with an agitator but I have a newer high-efficiency washer that can handle oversized loads. I thought I would put it in the wash just to see what would happen.

The blanket washed just fine but it took about 3 dry cycles for the blanket to get dry. However, It wasn’t damaged at all. The picture with me in the blanket on the meditation chair is the blanket after it was washed.

My Yaasa Weighted Blanket Recommendation

Weighted blankets are wonderful. My daughter has her own and I now have a couple in my bedroom. I don’t use them every night but sometimes they are just what I need to relax or fall asleep faster. You can certainly find cheaper weighted blankets but I would rather have this blanket out and folded as it looks great and is a wonderful conversation piece.

Yaasa-Weighted-Blanket-750x300.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I honestly think that knitted weighted blankets have become the trend of 2019-2020. There are hundreds of researches which shows all the benefits of these blankets. They can be called a type of at-home therapy that can provide similar benefits to deep therapy. It’s so hard for me to understand how a piece of fabric filled with a material is able to relax my body and mind, but it really works. I’ve tried different brands and many of them was of poor quality. The single one which I can reccomend and which I’ve been using for two years is the sommio uk knitted blanket. But I also would like to try your offer.

For many people, weighted blankets have become a routine to get relief from stress and healthy sleep habits, and for good reason. Research suggests weighted blankets may benefit people with anxiety, autism, and insomnia, among other conditions. 

Benefits of using a weighted blanket?

• relieve pain
  • lessen anxiety
  • improve mood

Secondly I would like to highlight if your baby is a new born you should consider a baby burrito blanket for him/her as it helps them in getting a complete deep sleep that later give rise to healthy mind and a healthy person later that serves the community.