Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sleepsherpa

Leesa vs Nectar Mattress

If you’re looking for a Leesa vs Nectar comparison, this should make your decision much easier. In this post I break down all the pros and cons of each mattress to help you decide which is right for you. Both the Nectar and Leesa are great mattresses but each have a distinct feel that will appeal to different types of sleepers. There are no winners or loosers here, just clarification for you so that you get the right mattress the first time.

Overview of Nectar vs Leesa Mattress

The video below gives you a side by side comparison of both mattresses. As you can see in the video below, my bowling ball reacts very different on each of the mattresses.

Both of these mattresses come with a generous trial period.

Leesa free trial period = 100 Days

Nectar free trial period – 365 Days

Here’s the breakdown on prices of the mattresses

Leesa mattress price = $940 (Queen Size)

Nectar mattress price = $795 (Queen Size)

Both of these companies offer discounts on a regular basis. Leesa tends to have a $100 off coupon making the queen size $840 and Nectar has $125 off with 2 free pillows making the price $670.

There is a significant difference in price here but not so much that it would be a deal breaker if one is better suited to your needs.

Leesa Mattress Construction and Materials

What gives the Leesa mattress that extra bounce you saw in the video is that they use a layer of Avena foam on top. The cooling comes into play in that it is convoluted (think egg crate shaped) so that there are channels for air to circulate.

Leesa Mattress Construction

• 10 inches total height
  • Top layer is 2 inches of Avena foam,which is a polyurethane foam that performs like latex
  • Below that is a 2 inch layer of memory foam for extra comfort and pressure relief.
  • The base layer is a 6 inch high density foam used as the support base. It is the foundation of the Leesa matttress.

Nectar Mattress Construction and Materials

11 inches total height

Top layer is made 1 inches of quilted foam which is sewn into the cover. This helps with airflow and gives it an initial soft feeling

The support layer is made of 1 inch of 4lb. cooling gel memory foam.

The transition layer is 3 inches of 3lb. cooling gel to further the transition among the layers and provide even more contouring and pressure relief.

The base layer is 6 inches of high-density foam similar to the Leesa.

Nectar Mattress How its Made

It should be noted that the Leesa mattress is made in the USA while the Nectar mattress is made in China. However, both are CertiPUR-US Certified. Which means that the foams used in the mattresses are tested by a 3rd party to be free of harmful chemicals.

Benefits of the Leesa Mattress

The Leesa mattress is a very versatile mattress in that most sleepers will find it to feel great right away. The Avena foam will allow you to quickly sink into the mattress and will recover just as quickly. This means it is easy to move around on and even has some bounce as it behaves like latex.

The other major benefit of the Leesa mattress is that it is very breathable. The convoluted foam and density of the top layer means it doesn’t trap as much heat as other mattresses.

The Leesa also has a great Made in the USA story. The foams used in the mattress and the construction of the mattress itself are all domestic. They even have some great brand ambassadors such as Michael Phelps. Leesa has also been around a bit longer than Nectar. As of this writing, they will soon be celebrating their 3rd anniversary.

Benefits of the Nectar Sleep Mattress

The Nectar Mattress provides excellent pressure relief. This mattress does a very good job of conforming to your body. It provides great pressure relief and support at the same time. The quilted foam cover and layers of dense foam throughout make it very resilient mattress as well meaning that it should last a long time.

The Nectar mattress is also one of the more affordable mattresses online. Given the construction and great feel it has proven to be one of the best values out there. Although they don’t have any brand ambassadors, it has been getting good feedback despite some of the shipping delays caused by large demand when the mattress was first introduced.

Nectar or Leesa, Which is Best for You?

If you are on the fence about which mattress to choose here are a few points to consider.

If sleeping hot is your primary concern, the Leesa mattress would be a good choice. I found it to sleep a little cooler than the Nectar. However, the cover of the Nectar mattress is made with phase change technology that will draw heat away from you so it’s not to say that the Nectar sleeps hot, it’s just that the Leesa will sleep cooler.

I often recommend the Nectar to people who complain about lower back soreness. I found that the Nectar provides superior pressure relief and contouring. The dense foam used in the Nectar can address certain pain points in ways other mattresses can’t.

If Made in the USA and buying American is important, then Leesa is a clear winner. They even have a Team USA Gold Medalist sleeping on their mattress. Considering how fit Michael Phelps is, I’m sure he could sleep on almost anything. I think the true test may be an out of shape arthritic, elderly person as those are the people who will need a quality mattress the most.

If you are price sensitive, Nectar is a more affordable option. And affordable doesn’t mean cheap. In this case you get quality and value.

I think 1oo days is plenty of time to figure out if a mattress is a good fit although Nectar has raised the bar with a 365 night trial so you basically get a whole year. I live in Minnesota where the seasons are very distinct. Winter nights can get as low as minus 30 and summer nights in July can be humid and 90 so being able to test a mattress out in extremes can be important.

In the end, you really can’t lose with either of these mattresses. You literally have nothing to lose by trying them out in your home. This guide was created to save you time and get you to the right mattress the first time.

Nectar-vs-Leesa-Mattress-724x300.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request