Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gdo07

Sharp Aquos (px Series) Vs Samsung Bordeaux Plus (r81 Series)

Hi Guys,

Would like to seek advice on whether the Sharp PX Series is better or Samsung R81 Series is better? Looking at either at the 37" or 42" for Sharp and 37" and 40" for Samsung.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi Guys,

Would like to seek advice on whether the Sharp PX Series is better or Samsung R81 Series is better? Looking at either at the 37" or 42" for Sharp and 37" and 40" for Samsung.

sharp is 100% made in japan, in terms of QC, nobody can surpass them.

go for the BX series.

Thz ;)

What is the difference between PX and BX? Wana have one in the living room.

sharp is 100% made in japan, in terms of QC, nobody can surpass them.

go for the BX series.

For me its always about the design, so R81 win hands-down.

Used to be very concerned about the technical specs, made-in-where, etc but after knowing more about the industry, found that all these are quite insignificant. Recently an independent report found that a 'branded Japanese' TV contrast ratio of 8000:1 is actually only 2200:1.

Sidetrack abit:

Did anyone know that the polo-shirts for both Lee Jeans and the 'famous' American brand with a man riding a polo horse, are made by the same manufacturer? Same material, just slapped with different design and label.

My Japanese car, technical specs on paper put 160bhp, but when I went for dyno test recently, it was only 103bhp. And I am sure I don't need to elaborate if anyone of us here can actually achieve the fuel consumption level as per stated in the brochure when we first bought the car.

Ok back to topic: Thus, I gave up on comparing all these specs, or should I say gave up on believing them; I had became an aesthetic man, just go by my feel and how attractive the design is. ;)

Thz ;)

What is the difference between PX and BX? Wana have one in the living room.

You can check out here

I think Sharp PX series pretty nice. I also an asthetic person. Maybe too many people buying Samsung that is why not getting. Or maybe Samsung is the sponsor for Chelsea (nemesis of Liverpool), don't want to watch Liverpool on a Samsung TV !!

Lucky Sharp now no more sponsor Man Utd liao (another nemesis) :)

Used to be very concerned about the technical specs, made-in-where, etc but after knowing more about the industry, found that all these are quite insignificant. Recently an independent report found that a 'branded Japanese' TV contrast ratio of 8000:1 is actually only 2200:1.

Sidetrack abit:

Did anyone know that the polo-shirts for both Lee Jeans and the 'famous' American brand with a man riding a polo horse, are made by the same manufacturer? Same material, just slapped with different design and label.

My Japanese car, technical specs on paper put 160bhp, but when I went for dyno test recently, it was only 103bhp. And I am sure I don't need to elaborate if anyone of us here can actually achieve the fuel consumption level as per stated in the brochure when we first bought the car.

Ok back to topic: Thus, I gave up on comparing all these specs, or should I say gave up on believing them; I had became an aesthetic man, just go by my feel and how attractive the design is. :notti:

agree! :jawdrop:

thanks guys... !!

i'm oso quite impressed by the design of samsung. however, my concern is just that i don't wana buy a lemon and it breaks down after a couple of years. another surprising thing is that the price of sharp is alot cheaper than samsung even after taking into account the free gifts. :yamseng:

any people out there holding onto sharp or samsung got comments

thanks guys... !!

i'm oso quite impressed by the design of samsung. however, my concern is just that i don't wana buy a lemon and it breaks down after a couple of years. another surprising thing is that the price of sharp is alot cheaper than samsung even after taking into account the free gifts. :yamseng:

Ya, admit that asthetically, the R81 looks very impressive. But the retail price of the 40" is more ex than Sharp 42" PX5. Is it worth paying more since it is not Full-HD (one more additional HDMI input) like the Sharp PX5.

:( hiaz, Liverpool lost :(

thanks guys... :jawdrop:

i'm oso quite impressed by the design of samsung. however, my concern is just that i don't wana buy a lemon and it breaks down after a couple of years. another surprising thing is that the price of sharp is alot cheaper than samsung even after taking into account the free gifts. :jawdrop:

I know the marketing strategy of samsung really makes it look like a lemon, a very bad move when starhub starts to give it out for free with 2-yr contracts.

However, it may seem like a lemon, but its definitely not. I am one of the 'first-mover' who fell in love with R71 and bought the 26" about 2 yrs ago - today I am still very happy with it.

I am almost definitely going for the R81 for my living room, but it will be 37" instead of 40", because even when placed side-by-side both looks the same size! The current price for 37" is $2400, still waiting for price to go down, esp in GSS. Anyway, I would need the TV by Jul'07 when my reno is done, so would probably be committing very soon! :)

Ya, admit that asthetically, the R81 looks very impressive. But the retail price of the 40" is more ex than Sharp 42" PX5. Is it worth paying more since it is not Full-HD (one more additional HDMI input) like the Sharp PX5.

:jawdrop: hiaz, Liverpool lost :jawdrop:

Not just the aesthetics, but I personally placed both TV side-by-side and still feel that the image for R81 is better.

And if numbers mean anything, PX5's contrast ratio is 1200:1 while R81 is 8000:1. The response time for PX5 is 12ms, while R81 is 8ms. Viewing angle is 176 for PX5 and 178 R81. Last but not least, PX5 means this is the 5th generation LCD TV for sharp, which also means R81 is the 8th generation for samsung.

But like I said above these numbers don't count for me, I just go with my feel on how the images look. Top up with the three HDMI inputs for SCV, DVD and PS3, these are the reasons why I chose R81.

:):jawdrop:

Sidetrack abit:

Ok back to topic: Thus, I gave up on comparing all these specs, or should I say gave up on believing them; I had became an aesthetic man, just go by my feel and how attractive the design is. :)

tech specs will depends on the integrity of the company, try looking at specs sheets from Chinese co. :D

not if you have nasty experiences with korean products.

for me - jap products only. will probably wait for another 5-7 yrs for korean makes.

Thz guys for sharing. Yup, muz say that the specs is dependent on the manufacturer. Guess mus reali see how before making an decision... muz say that the price of sharp's 42" is reali tempting when compared to R81's 40".

And if numbers mean anything, PX5's contrast ratio is 1200:1 while R81 is 8000:1. The response time for

No leh, PX5 contrast ratio is 6000:1 leh. The one with 1200:1 is BX-5.

But anyway, I also prefer Jap products when it comes to electrical stuff. My 14" Sony Trinitron in my bedroom has been with me for a good 14 years and it is still going strong.

No leh, PX5 contrast ratio is 6000:1 leh. The one with 1200:1 is BX-5.

Oops, my mistake. Well, but still...?? Hehe... :notti:

But anyway, I also prefer Jap products when it comes to electrical stuff. My 14" Sony Trinitron in my bedroom has been with me for a good 14 years and it is still going strong.

This is subjective already lor, very personal. Like I said I am confident in samsung because it had served me well too. I would only apply the Jap/Kor preference on cars, not electronics because Kor is really up and coming.

BTW Sony is really going down in today's fight in plasma/LCD TVs - their Wega simply drops to the bottom of the turnovers.

I am almost definitely going for the R81 for my living room, but it will be 37" instead of 40", because even when placed side-by-side both looks the same size! The current price for 37" is $2400, still waiting for price to go down, esp in GSS. Anyway, I would need the TV by Jul'07 when my reno is done, so would probably be committing very soon! :)

Hi zirhk3355,

Can tell me where do you find the 37" R81 going for $2400? I'm also looking to get this LCD, scouting around for a good deal...