Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zacey

Anyone Customise Study Tables?

anyone else has recommendation on L shaped study table?

my room has a odd slanting wall thus the L shaped table cannot be a 90deg angle..

contractor quoted us $1400 for a 6ft plain table! :jawdrop:

where to get ppl cut wood and laminate cheap cheap so we can fix it ourselves??

help pls..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Try Ikea..Galant series. I got it for my study room.

The wood used is solid wood and not those chipboard or softwood.

They have various sizes to mix and match.

CPU holder, extension holder and etc...

I have also shortlisted *hi*e, but i would say their quality and design is no where near Ikea.

:yamseng:

We were quoted to 3k to construct a custom-made table for the study room! And it was just a plain cantilevered board with drawers.

So we went to IKEA, got their VIKA table tops with legs and created our own U-shaped table for $200 only! Then we bought those drawer units and put them under the table. Voila!

It took some sawing though to make the table fit into our room, but it was a 15 min affair.

Oops. Missed out this thread.

This is my custom-made study table which I got my carpenter to make. The idea is to have the study table extending out of the the bookshelves. There are 2 sides to the study table: an L-shape side that you can see from the photo, and at the other end, a straight side.

dpp00399zf.th.jpg

The concept was great, but the implementation was flawed. The carpenter ended up using a very thick piece of wood (more than 2 inches thick), and this resulted in a very high table. Had we design the table to be lower, or had the carpenter used a thinner piece of wood for the table top, it would have been perfect.

I'm also looking for a custom built-in L-study table as my ID quoted me almost 6k for the study desk and cabinets. :help:

Unable to see your picture so could i trouble you to send it to me as an email attachment? Do you mind sharing which carpenter did u get to build it and what was your quote?

Thanks!

interested can pm me for the contact number for carpentry works..definetly it save a lots of money at least 15-1.5k if u directly deal with carpenter....u can separate the carpentery works from the contract and directly liase with the carpentry

interested can pm me for the contact number for carpentry works..definetly it save a lots of money at least 15-1.5k if u directly deal with carpenter....u can separate the carpentery works from the contract and directly liase with the carpentry

Totally agree. ID carpentry pricing usually oredi dun noe go thru how many hands liao

so many level of mark-up :P

mine oso deal directly to carpenter. at least 30% cheaper :P

Can anyone help see if my quote is reasonable..My carpenter is recommended by a friend but I'm not too sure of the mkt price...

top hung cabinet w/ glass door - $95pfr

study table - $90pfr

ledge - $25pfr

t5 light $50/pc

Thanks!!

Can anyone help see if my quote is reasonable..My carpenter is recommended by a friend but I'm not too sure of the mkt price...

top hung cabinet w/ glass door - $95pfr

study table - $90pfr

ledge - $25pfr

t5 light $50/pc

Thanks!!

Looks fine to me.

My contractor quoted me:

study table: 120 pfr

top hung cabinet: 120pfr

dun mind, pm me your carpenter contacts?

[interested can directly deal with carpentry, Mr.Lau from Metal & Wood General Contractor, (9742 5965)....

eventhough it's a minor job..i believe that Mr.Lau will be able to meet your requirements...

At first I was thinking of getting my ID to do my hubby work area too...

Then in the end, one of the ID I visited told me, to custom make, its not worth the price.... buy will be cheaper....