Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
HDBHouz

A Simple Reno of 5rm w/o ID

Hi All, 

First of all a big thank you to all the contribution and sharing of the blogger here, I'd learnt whole lot of useful stuff for my Reno hence will like to share and contribute back with all of you. 

As this is a resale flat, the existing Reno of all the rooms are acceptable. I didn't do much so I  just did 2 x toilet, kitchen and living. 

I'd engaged a contractor on my own and start off with the work without much delay

here are some pic before the Reno

151877152_mobile.jpg

IMG_9686.jpg

IMG_0388.jpg

IMG_7918.jpg

• Like 1

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Before Reno work begin, I'd planned for all the lighting point and switches for the light automation and smart home switches.

I decided to go for the smart bulb route rather than changing all the switches and lighting point, partly because I love Philips bulb and the simplicity of 1 apps control all. As my lighting setup is simple and most of my bulb either G10 and E27, so those of you who don't have complex lighting setup can consider my setup. 

As for the cost, the longer term running cost I suppose will be higher but I got all the Philips bulb at the factory fair at good discount and I didn't spend extra on the rewiring and electrical cost. 

PS: all smart switch and point must have neutral wire that'll add up some initial Reno cost. 

As usual most of my lights housing are from TB. 

Total philips bulb  : $2000

Total light housing fr TB : $350

Total relocation and lighting point labour : est $500

After lighting shopping are done, it's time to do bathroom accessories shopping which I went to a few showroom for window shopping. 

(W Altelier, KHK, Bathroom Gallery, Bathroom warehouse, Hoe Kee ) 

These are more time consuming and long process as you can imagine the number of item involved. 

In the end I bought hansgrohe faucet, toto sink/bidet and American standard toilet bowl from (hasgrohe dealer) 

Edited by HDBHouz

Very beautiful renovation and thank you for sharing! I especially like how you have a separate dry kitchen with its own sink and induction hob on a peninsula. Can I ask what is the cooker hood and doorbell that you use? Thanks!

36 minutes ago, hdb4ever said:

Very beautiful renovation and thank you for sharing! I especially like how you have a separate dry kitchen with its own sink and induction hob on a peninsula. Can I ask what is the cooker hood and doorbell that you use? Thanks!

Hood is Fujioh and doorbell is nest 

On 7/12/2020 at 3:11 PM, Home owner said:

Nice, cost effective and seemingly quality works. so many direct contractors nowadays for individual works. its pretty dumb to engage an ID already

haha thanks, getting a ID actually for peace of mind, if not we got to invest time to ensure everything do accordingly to plan

1 hour ago, KFC1189 said:

For your 2 toilet bowls, do you need to connect to a electric point for the bidet spray?

Yes its a electrical one, have to tap a point for that