Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bluberi

Black Solid Top - Colour Fade After Things Are Placed

i had black solid top for my kitchen cabinet.. and i juz discovered that whatever items (cartons, tissue box, tray, mini fridge, bottles) i put on the solid top for more than a few hours to a few days... there will be a faded whitish patch after i removed them. :) even after i wipe with water, the patch is still there after the solid top has dried. how come like dat, i haven even move in and we are oni in the cleaning stage after reno nia. :notti:

anyone experienced the same problem with their black solid top? is this a defect? :good: i can't imagine when we really move in n use the kitchen with all the appliances, our black solid top will turn whitish. :~

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
i had black solid top for my kitchen cabinet.. and i juz discovered that whatever items (cartons, tissue box, tray, mini fridge, bottles) i put on the solid top for more than a few hours to a few days... there will be a faded whitish patch after i removed them. :D even after i wipe with water, the patch is still there after the solid top has dried. how come like dat, i haven even move in and we are oni in the cleaning stage after reno nia. :~

anyone experienced the same problem with their black solid top? is this a defect? :) i can't imagine when we really move in n use the kitchen with all the appliances, our black solid top will turn whitish. :~

Hi Bluberi,

I had this problem too...

But later i use Pledge (Lemon, yeollow can) to polish the top and it become shine shine again. Now i will polish the top once a week.

I also found that hot things, magazines, letters, put on it for too long also will cos the stain. and the contactor told me that the surface must keep dry at all time,cos if water gets into it, it will also cos the stain..

Hope this infor helps you.

Hi Bluberi,

But later i use Pledge (Lemon, yeollow can) to polish the top and it become shine shine again. Now i will polish the top once a week.

I also found that hot things, magazines, letters, put on it for too long also will cos the stain. and the contactor told me that the surface must keep dry at all time,cos if water gets into it, it will also cos the stain..

den wat the diff of getting postform than solid top.. both facing similar problem...

den wat the diff of getting postform than solid top.. both facing similar problem...

specifications aside,

it's the look as well, somehow solid tops gives a modern look to a kitchen.

postform seems to give kitchen an aged/classic look, good for those going for country-home look

any surface damage to solid surface, can be polished/grind/buffed away,

whereas damage to postform top, more difficult to rectify.

Edited by compassvale

Hi Bluberi,

baojess,

u r here also?

use pledge can make the faded whitish patch away. i put the items for less than 24hrs nia n the patch appear liao. no wor.. my solid top nv put wet things, if wet i always wipe dry one.

will try with pledge n see how... thanks for the info.

baojess,

u r here also?

use pledge can make the faded whitish patch away. i put the items for less than 24hrs nia n the patch appear liao. no wor.. my solid top nv put wet things, if wet i always wipe dry one.

will try with pledge n see how... thanks for the info.

Ya.. keke :)

u can give it a try.. but remember to use cotton cloth...

I also always wipe dry the top, and specially take note of the area near the sink. that is the most dangerous area. need special care. :notti:

our black galaxy granite top doesnt really have such probs. any stains, wipe wif damp cloth can liao...

our black galaxy granite top doesnt really have such probs. any stains, wipe wif damp cloth can liao...

yes provided with immediate action.......... not those long period water pond that cause deep water mark

how about black galaxy granite... ?

will it have this same problem also?

mine also ok, dont have the problems.

but i encounted one, that was i placed a metal plate that i tot wont rusty.

but it become rusty for sometime. so i throw it away n discovered my granite got some rusty stain on it.

thinking to try using lemon juice see will it remove.

Edited by deremi

Hi

If lemon can remove the stain, then can it apply to the granite flooring??

I mean if stain, can I use lemon to wipe it off?

Please advise and thanks!:P!

HAPPY

bernice, for your kitchen?

Because it's high activity area, there would bound to be scratches on it, and it will show up as white scratches.

if yr solid top is granite, it is porous and will absorb water. but it will be gone after a while.

Edited by jt88