Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

I need a circular saw for a few random jobs. Nothing more than DIY. I was planning on spending lesser on a makita corded saw. However, a friend has suggested I spend slightly more and buy a bare cordless Dewalt saw and use my two 1.3Ah batteries from my drill.

I don’t need a cordless saw, I’ll never be far from a plug socket. My drill doesn’t get a great deal of use (once a month maybe) so it would be good to get my monies worth from the batteries. That said when the batteries die that probably means a new drill and a new saw. A corded makita saw would probably last me a lifetime.

Any other suggestions? 

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

a circular saw is good at doing straight cuts fast. but if you need to do curved cuts, a circular saw can't do it.

alternative for you is to get a jigsaw which can do straight cuts (slower than circular saw) and also do curved cuts.

On 7/12/2020 at 10:31 PM, D4arkness said:

oh it's sold out. I will be looking for alternatives. 

Go to Giant at IMM at Jurong East, they have a hardware section there that sells all kinds of electric jigsaws

Hi. I personally bought myself an Earthwise PS44008 saw a couple of years ago. I still use it today. I think this is one of the few truly durable saws. With the help of a convenient handle, the length of which can be adjusted, I took out everywhere and did everything I needed without any problems. I think this will be the best choice for you.