Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
raincole

What Is A Pebblewash Floor?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

NOt sure if anyone has replied you yet, but if you decide to go for pebble wash, do ask your contractor to show you the pebbles, lay them out or show you a ready sample of the completed flooring, and when the contractors come to do it, please try to be around to ensure the pebbles are spread out evenly. Some of my pebblewash looked pure cement. Sad.

me belongs to the lazy type - pebblewash floor no way for me.

dust/dirt get stuck - must vaccuum must wet washing...etc :dunno:

How to choose? Any price range?

By colour and size. Material price are quite the same irregardless of colour and size. Advise not to go for too big size pebbles as it can be loosen very fast. Need alot of skill and patience to lay it

Hi Bullet

I thought of having a pebblewash floor at the main door area, is it possible if my floor is marble tiles??

Or how to have a simple decorative?

How about having a very dark colour for marbles at the main door area?

Please advise and thanks!:)

Hi Bullet

I thought of having a pebblewash floor at the main door area, is it possible if my floor is marble tiles??

Or how to have a simple decorative?

How about having a very dark colour for marbles at the main door area?

Please advise and thanks!:sport-smiley-004:

Why not? You can have plenty of combination between the materials to get the effect you want. Cost should not differ too much if you get the right ID/contractor to help you. You may want to consider other material like parquet, stainless steel inlay, etc to create design. You may even want to have more than 2 types of material for the same area. Colour combination with different marbles can also be a good choice too.

Why not? You can have plenty of combination between the materials to get the effect you want. Cost should not differ too much if you get the right ID/contractor to help you. You may want to consider other material like parquet, stainless steel inlay, etc to create design. You may even want to have more than 2 types of material for the same area. Colour combination with different marbles can also be a good choice too.

Thanks again BULLET.

I thought of having a very dark marble just for the Main door kerb and that include the skirting around the house....hmmmm......looks like have to sit and think real hard for a special design....simple and elegant, heheh...

Thanks again BULLET.

I thought of having a very dark marble just for the Main door kerb and that include the skirting around the house....hmmmm......looks like have to sit and think real hard for a special design....simple and elegant, heheh...

From your other thread, I understand you intend to buy off the shelves furniture right? Then I would advise you not to go for any skirting in you house. The furniture may not be able to flush to the wall due to the skirting blocking the way and leave a gap about 2cm behind. Trap dust and nice habitat for insect

From your other thread, I understand you intend to buy off the shelves furniture right? Then I would advise you not to go for any skirting in you house. The furniture may not be able to flush to the wall due to the skirting blocking the way and leave a gap about 2cm behind. Trap dust and nice habitat for insect

Again again again thanks BULLET.

I should give you a treat.

I never thought of that.

I immediately went around my house and see the skirting, yes.....dust.........

For mbr and br1 or 2, there will be a built in wardrobe.

But without skirting, seems not nice.

Check my floor plan and only tv console is leaning against the wall, sofa, dinning table will not be against the wall.

So, my problem will be tv console.

Again again again thanks BULLET.

I should give you a treat.

I never thought of that.

I immediately went around my house and see the skirting, yes.....dust.........

For mbr and br1 or 2, there will be a built in wardrobe.

But without skirting, seems not nice.

Check my floor plan and only tv console is leaning against the wall, sofa, dinning table will not be against the wall.

So, my problem will be tv console.

The built in furniture will not be affected by the skirting. Only the ready made furniture. Design with skirting or without skirting is individual. But personally I feel its neater without skirting but the tilers got to do more work lor.

The built in furniture will not be affected by the skirting. Only the ready made furniture. Design with skirting or without skirting is individual. But personally I feel its neater without skirting but the tilers got to do more work lor.

hahah...I am sure the tilers would like it very much to have skirting....you know, right to the edge, the uneven line can be cover it up with skirting....make their job more easiler.

Hope the tilers who surf this web will not get annoyed!

hahah...I am sure the tilers would like it very much to have skirting....you know, right to the edge, the uneven line can be cover it up with skirting....make their job more easiler.

Hope the tilers who surf this web will not get annoyed!

Yup, indeed that's the case. The tilers need to cut the tiles neatly as close to the wall as possible and also to follow the contour of the wall. Very time consuming and labour intensive. Also that this is the latest trend coming up.

The pebble at the entrance of our resale flat is not in very good condition...looks very dusty and color is very dull too. The painter recommend us to paint some kind of epoxy on the pebble and it will looks nice and shiny again.

Is that true? and how much?

Thanks.