Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Kenneth Foo

Changing perimeter wall corner terrace

Hi

Would like to find out if anyone knows the rough cost to tear down and rebuild the perimeter wall of a corner terrace?

Would like a higher more blocked off type like the modern houses. 

And if u have any direct contractors who are good, appreciate if u can recommended them to me

TiA

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

When my builder quoted for my house rebuilt, the perimeter walls itemised cost was about 30k for brick walls up to 1.8m high. This is to replace the existing side and rear fence and front brick walls. I ended up doing BRC fence for my side and rear instead as it shaved off more then 10k in costs while allowing for better airflow into my house compared to having brick walls.

Also, you can’t do anything above 1.8m as this is the maximum height allowed by URA.

1 hour ago, snoozee said:

When my builder quoted for my house rebuilt, the perimeter walls itemised cost was about 30k for brick walls up to 1.8m high. This is to replace the existing side and rear fence and front brick walls. I ended up doing BRC fence for my side and rear instead as it shaved off more then 10k in costs while allowing for better airflow into my house compared to having brick walls.

Also, you can’t do anything above 1.8m as this is the maximum height allowed by URA.

Hi thanks!

When did you rebuild your house? How's the outcome? Is the builder good and if so don't mind recommending the contract?

6 hours ago, Kenneth Foo said:

Hi thanks!

When did you rebuild your house? How's the outcome? Is the builder good and if so don't mind recommending the contract?

quotation was received around 2 years ago. I must clarify that the quotation is based on a full house rebuilt. the quotes your get from other contractors may differ due to many factors and there might also be associated costs related to rebuilding the wall. eg: if you have drains near/next to the existing fence/wall, the drains may have to be rebuilt as well since the workers would need to hack everything away to remove the existing foundations as well as cast new foundations for your new wall. this would increase the time needed as well as the cost.

also since you are redoing the perimeter wall, land survey may need to be done to determine the exact boundaries so that your new wall don't encroach into any other private/public land. this survey also costs money. you may also need to purchase the Sewage Interpretation Plan from PUB as well to determine if there is any public sewer running through your property and if there is, how deep is the sewer. This is so that the contractor doesn't damage the sewer when doing the work.

My builder does not have many manpower so he does not want to stretch himself from taking on too many jobs. I had asked him before as others had requested as well.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, snoozee said:

Also, you can’t do anything above 1.8m as this is the maximum height alowed by URA.

18 hours ago, snoozee said:

Thanks snoozee! You are really helpful around here

Edited by Kenneth Foo