Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
On 11/20/2020 at 12:08 PM, exquisite said:

So currently the holy grail of invisible grille is the diamond grille? 

I feel that although the looks are the same from far, diamond grille is much reliable and stronger than invisible grille. Just go to their showroom to feel the difference, that's what I did 

23 hours ago, Ken Tan HY said:

I feel that although the looks are the same from far, diamond grille is much reliable and stronger than invisible grille. Just go to their showroom to feel the difference, that's what I did 

Their authorised distributor here in Singapore is Endo Grille right?

On 11/24/2020 at 1:29 PM, exquisite said:

Their authorised distributor here in Singapore is Endo Grille right?

I dont think so, as I went to their Diamond Grille Showroom at Kallang Pudding Road. I believe their company is a co-operation between Endo Grille & another company called LandSea Group, rather than a distributor

Ya, I went to check around for a few invisible grilles suppliers, and I found out that there 3 different types in the market, the nylon coat ones, teflon coated ones and the diamond grille. I saw the demonstration for these 3 types, the nylon & teflon coated invisible grille were cut easily with a scissor and burnt with open flame, the diamond grille was ok as there's no coating, it's practically a smooth thin bar without any coating. The wire tension for the nylon & teflon coated invisible grille were quite weak as well, and when I press onto one end of the wires, it became very loose. They demonstrated the diamond grille to me by taking away one of the wires in the middle, and I saw the difference as the rest of the diamond grille wires were unaffected. I will say diamond grille are more reliable as compared to the rest

On 10/1/2020 at 1:17 PM, Suzanne Wee said:

My friend installed the invisible grilles, and she was complaining how soft the invisible grilles feels. She demonstrated to me how easy it was for her to pull the invisible grille wires apart with her bare hands. The company who did that invisible grille told her it's the best they can do and it's normal for a balcony as the wires are long, they even installed a horizontal invisible grille across but it's still so soft. She's very worried that if her kids were to climb up a stool, they can easily slip through the gaps. 

image.png.5e9661c302db49a1554e04b46d918735.png

image.png.97a69a5ad274a896c85b82a93ac10864.png

After seeing my friend's demonstration on how weak the invisible grilles wires are, I really don't feel it's safe for kids at all! If my friend's invisible grilles gap even with the stiffeners can open so easily and widely until 6-7 inches, how can it keep a child from falling out through these gaps? 

After seeing the video on how unsafe invisible grilles are, I sent an feedback to HDB to check whether they have done any testing on the invisible grilles.

To my surprise, the HDB officer told me they didn't conduct any testing for the invisible grilles. I asked the HDB officer do you think after seeing the video on the invisible grilles, whether it's safe for the public, I couldn't get any good answer from the HDB officer. 

If a 6 year old girl or an adult can slip through the gaps in the invisible grilles easily, then what's the point of installing the invisible grilles?

Anyway, the HDB officer told me he will submit my feedback to his management, and hopefully they can conduct their own testing on the invisible grilles, so to ensure it's really safe for us to protect our kids

Perhaps if more people can feedback this safety issue to HDB, their management can take a quicker action to test out the invisible grilles

On 4/16/2021 at 11:13 AM, Jen Soh said:

After seeing the video on how unsafe invisible grilles are, I sent an feedback to HDB to check whether they have done any testing on the invisible grilles.

To my surprise, the HDB officer told me they didn't conduct any testing for the invisible grilles. I asked the HDB officer do you think after seeing the video on the invisible grilles, whether it's safe for the public, I couldn't get any good answer from the HDB officer. 

If a 6 year old girl or an adult can slip through the gaps in the invisible grilles easily, then what's the point of installing the invisible grilles?

Anyway, the HDB officer told me he will submit my feedback to his management, and hopefully they can conduct their own testing on the invisible grilles, so to ensure it's really safe for us to protect our kids

Perhaps if more people can feedback this safety issue to HDB, their management can take a quicker action to test out the invisible grilles

OMG, I am also shocked to know that HDB didn't perform any test on the Invisible Grilles at all. Looking at how flimsy and unreliable the invisible grilles are, I also hope HDB or even BCA do some testing on Invisible Grilles, and check whether it's safe for usage at all. 

What's the point of installing the invisible grilles if it's unsafe for the public?

On 4/16/2021 at 11:13 AM, Jen Soh said:

Oh gosh, if HDB didn't test the Invisible Grilles out, how do we know it's really safe to use or not? Like in my friend's invisible grille, the gaps are so wide. Is there any party regulating this matter or not?

You can opt for 2-3 inch gap instead of those standard 4 inch wire gap.

It will be safer.
And we do our best to child proof the home, nothing near window that is climable.

On 4/23/2021 at 12:06 PM, greeeen said:

You can opt for 2-3 inch gap instead of those standard 4 inch wire gap.

It will be safer.
And we do our best to child proof the home, nothing near window that is climable.

I am afraid not, my friend's baloney invisible grilles are 3 inch gap, and you can see the photos. She easily close the gaps with her bare hands 😓, the invisible grilles wires are so weak and unsafe. Her invisible grille wires came with the horizontal wire across her balcony, and this horizontal wire moves while she closes the gaps, it's really horrible. 

My friend is so stressed up installing her invisible grilles, knowing that it can't do the job in protecting her kids from falling out of the building. She had instructed her helper to keep a close eye of her kids, when both her husband and her are out for work. Even when they are at home, they have to closely monitor her kids so to avoid any incidents around the balcony. 

If she knew there's diamond grilles in the market, and did her homework to test a few companies out, she won't be in such a dilemma on whether she's going to spent another few thousands to take out her invisible grilles, and installed the diamond grilles instead 😥

Edited by Suzanne Wee

On 10/1/2020 at 1:17 PM, Suzanne Wee said:

My friend installed the invisible grilles, and she was complaining how soft the invisible grilles feels. She demonstrated to me how easy it was for her to pull the invisible grille wires apart with her bare hands. The company who did that invisible grille told her it's the best they can do and it's normal for a balcony as the wires are long, they even installed a horizontal invisible grille across but it's still so soft. She's very worried that if her kids were to climb up a stool, they can easily slip through the gaps. 

image.png.5e9661c302db49a1554e04b46d918735.png

image.png.97a69a5ad274a896c85b82a93ac10864.png

Is this the 3inches invisible grille you are referring to?