Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
On 4/16/2021 at 11:13 AM, Jen Soh said:

After seeing the video on how unsafe invisible grilles are, I sent an feedback to HDB to check whether they have done any testing on the invisible grilles.

To my surprise, the HDB officer told me they didn't conduct any testing for the invisible grilles. I asked the HDB officer do you think after seeing the video on the invisible grilles, whether it's safe for the public, I couldn't get any good answer from the HDB officer. 

If a 6 year old girl or an adult can slip through the gaps in the invisible grilles easily, then what's the point of installing the invisible grilles?

Anyway, the HDB officer told me he will submit my feedback to his management, and hopefully they can conduct their own testing on the invisible grilles, so to ensure it's really safe for us to protect our kids

Perhaps if more people can feedback this safety issue to HDB, their management can take a quicker action to test out the invisible grilles

I have checked with BCA regarding the Invisible Grilles, and they have informed me that Invisible Grilles are not regulated by BCA at all, and BCA advised me that homeowners should procure such devices from reputable sources and ensure that the product is able to perform its function satisfactorily.

I had requested BCA to test and investigate on the Invisible Grilles whether is safe for public usage, but BCA had declined my request to do so. 

I am quite disappointed that BCA didn't accept my request to test the Invisible Grilles out, since so many homeowners have already installed the Invisible Grilles to protect the kids from falling out of the building, but at least I am aware that both BCA and HDB didn't regulate and test the Invisible Grille in the first place, and it's up to the public to determine whether which type of Invisible Grilles, either the Invisible Grilles or Diamond Grilles are able to perform its function satisfactorily, to keep their household members safe from falling out of the building

I think all owners should be informed of the risks involved when using Invisible Grilles and similar products.
If you ask the vendor about safety, they will be honest with you and you will still see people purchasing them.

On 6/1/2021 at 11:43 AM, greeeen said:

I think all owners should be informed of the risks involved when using Invisible Grilles and similar products.
If you ask the vendor about safety, they will be honest with you and you will still see people purchasing them.

Ya, but sadly said even if the vendors are honest about the risks, the problem is the invisible grille is meant for the children protection, and young children especially have no clue what they are doing, and why they did it. When parents install invisible grille, they feel at ease and let their guards down, and when these invisible grilles are not able to prevent the young children from slipping out of the loose gaps, that's where accidents happen, and falling out of the building is no joking matter. 

That's why my friend is so stress out about her invisible grilles, but at least she's aware of the risks now. After seeing the videos, and they have taken special precautions not to leave her kids alone especially in her balcony, but it really defies the purpose of installing her invisible grilles. 

After knowing HDB and BCA are not regulating Invisible Grilles, I can know understand why this unsafe product can be sold in the market. Who in the right mind will go and try in their balcony whether the invisible grilles can prevent a young child from slipping out? But given those demo video, and how far the Invisible Grilles can easily  stretch and open up, a young kid can definitely slip through the loose gaps!!! I really hope HDB and BCA can regulate these invisible grilles, so that we can have a safe product that can ensure the children's safety, and not just leave to luck that the young child does not do any dangerous stunts......😪

On 5/28/2021 at 4:33 PM, CLTAN said:

I have checked with BCA regarding the Invisible Grilles, and they have informed me that Invisible Grilles are not regulated by BCA at all, and BCA advised me that homeowners should procure such devices from reputable sources and ensure that the product is able to perform its function satisfactorily.

I had requested BCA to test and investigate on the Invisible Grilles whether is safe for public usage, but BCA had declined my request to do so. 

I am quite disappointed that BCA didn't accept my request to test the Invisible Grilles out, since so many homeowners have already installed the Invisible Grilles to protect the kids from falling out of the building, but at least I am aware that both BCA and HDB didn't regulate and test the Invisible Grille in the first place, and it's up to the public to determine whether which type of Invisible Grilles, either the Invisible Grilles or Diamond Grilles are able to perform its function satisfactorily, to keep their household members safe from falling out of the building

I am very disappointed that even BCA is not regulating Invisible Grilles, so if BCA and HDB didn't regulate Invisible Grilles, and didn't tested them out in the first place, how do we know if it's safe or not?

Anybody here installed the Diamond Grille System? Perhaps can share how much you spent for your house size/no of windows?

My wife and I are considering it and it seems like a good product.

Thank you.

On 7/26/2021 at 8:48 AM, JoGo said:

Anybody here installed the Diamond Grille System? Perhaps can share how much you spent for your house size/no of windows?

My wife and I are considering it and it seems like a good product.

Thank you.

After visiting diamond grille and a couple of other invisible grilles companies, my wife and I shortlisted to either aluminum grille or diamond grille for safety reasons. Aluminum grilles are cheaper but very unsightly, so we went with diamond grille instead. It's around 20+% more than expensive than other invisible grilles and aluminum grille, but we are glad we made that decision. I will suggest that you visit both diamond grille and other invisible grille showrooms to see the difference. To my opinion, I can save on other renovation cost by choosing lower grade materials, but I won't sacrifice my child's safety for it, either get diamond grille if you have the budget and wants a good view, or install aluminum grille to save on the cost

On 8/25/2021 at 6:26 PM, Chris Jackson said:

Installing a grill can definitely keep you safe from burglaries and the people inside the house from accidently slipping over high rises. So, is it possible to enjoy a view in a high-rise construction and also keep safe? Absolutely yes. This is when 'Invisible Grills' come into play.

When I saw how easily the nylon coat & teflon coated invisible grilles can be cut, and how loose these wires are, I am very sure it can't keep my house safe from burglaries, but most importantly, I need it for my kid's safety

On 8/26/2020 at 9:58 AM, Yvonnechee said:

Their invisible grille has been changed by the manufacturer before, but still the plastic coating peeled off after another 2+ years. My bro and SIL all gave up liao, but their main concern is that the exposed wires will rust and break easily. 

My husband and I went down for the live demonstration at Diamond Grille Systems Pte Ltd, and saw how easy the invisible grille cuts and burns. For their Diamond Grille, there's no plastic coating, and it uses a very hard solid wire instead of the flimsy invisible grille wire, and they are providing 15 years warranty on their wires for rusting. My husband tried cutting and burning the Diamond Grille himself, but he couldn't do it.

I understand from Diamond Grille Systems Pte Ltd is that after years of installing invisible grilles, they understand the problems with the invisible grilles, thus inventing the diamond grilles.

Although the diamond grille is more expensive than the invisible grille, my husband and I feel it's more worth it as we are installing it for our kids. Nothing is more important than their safety, and we don't have to worry about it for the next 15 years.

My advice is to go down to the Diamond Grille Systems showroom, and see the differences personally before making your decision 

1362440392_WhatsAppImage.jpeg.c99bd0997026f19ca80444a9e2e89f3d.jpeg

OMG - this looks bad

On 10/1/2020 at 1:17 PM, Suzanne Wee said:

My friend installed the invisible grilles, and she was complaining how soft the invisible grilles feels. She demonstrated to me how easy it was for her to pull the invisible grille wires apart with her bare hands. The company who did that invisible grille told her it's the best they can do and it's normal for a balcony as the wires are long, they even installed a horizontal invisible grille across but it's still so soft. She's very worried that if her kids were to climb up a stool, they can easily slip through the gaps. 

image.png.5e9661c302db49a1554e04b46d918735.png

image.png.97a69a5ad274a896c85b82a93ac10864.png

OMG, I went to try out 2 invisible grilles, they are really that soft!!!

On 10/21/2021 at 3:57 PM, Renoheadach said:

OMG - this looks bad

Ya, my bro and sil really regretted not looking into more options before they got their invisible grill, and now they are thinking of changing theirs to diamond grille system instead

On 10/28/2021 at 4:02 PM, Renoheadach said:

OMG, I went to try out 2 invisible grilles, they are really that soft!!!

Ya, I don't understand how invisible grilles can provide a safe and reliable  protection for my kids