Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
fillie28

Existing HDB renovation advice needed

Hi there ,

Need some advice. We are going to renovate our HDB 5 room flat we have stayed in for the past 17 years. Currently the floors are all laminates except the kitchen. Hb wants to change it to all tiles. Spoken to a few contractors and ID who gave me different advice . Some say can layover after removing laminate, some say best to hack the tiles underneath the laminates else the new tiles will pop few years later. Anyone has any similar experience ? 

If they hack the whole house , will it affect all my doors and door frame?

We have to move out. Anyone can recommend a cheap accommodation for a family of 4 for a duration of about 1- 1.5 months . It is so expensive for service apartment and hotel. 

Thanks for any advise 

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
On 9/17/2020 at 8:29 PM, fillie28 said:

Hi there ,

Need some advice. We are going to renovate our HDB 5 room flat we have stayed in for the past 17 years. Currently the floors are all laminates except the kitchen. Hb wants to change it to all tiles. Spoken to a few contractors and ID who gave me different advice . Some say can layover after removing laminate, some say best to hack the tiles underneath the laminates else the new tiles will pop few years later. Anyone has any similar experience ? 

If they hack the whole house , will it affect all my doors and door frame?

We have to move out. Anyone can recommend a cheap accommodation for a family of 4 for a duration of about 1- 1.5 months . It is so expensive for service apartment and hotel. 

Thanks for any advise 

Yes best to hack and lay new tiles as I’d bad experience on overlay. Not sure of your door frame, as mine need not change after hacking but door confirm need to change. Hope these helps