Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Denyr

Need advise on contractor

Hi, my parents had placed a deposit with a contractor before phase 1 lockdown. During the period, they did not get any calls from the contractor. After near start of phase 2, my parents had difficulty contacting the guy until my mother finally used a different phone number to call. It is then that he agreed to come down to confirm what to be done. Even then, the first appointment was a no-show, and he only came after calling again repeatedly. His excuse was that he was in court and his phone was off. (To me, seems like a red flag). Afterwards, he agreed to start work on Monday, but again no show and no sound. My parents called him repeatedly but cannot get him. Then my mother finally called the office landline and got him. But his reply was that he will call to arrange 2 days before starting...seems wierd that customer needs to wait for contractor to decide start date? Also, in between, he kept mentioning that costs is more expensive now since workers are more expensive....since we have paid deposit, shouldn't the old price still stand? Frankly, I don't feel comfortable with such a contractor doing the work, but my parents are concerned about losing the deposit, which is close to 7k. Should I advise them to just forget about it? Can we raise to CASE? Thanks

Edited by Denyr

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I think you should advise them to just forget about it, cause saved money they can spend on your studying as a designer, for example! You will have some problems with studying because of big amount of homework, but you can ask something about pay someone to write my essay at the web and you will find the best professional essay websites!

Edited by Gerardlin