Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wannabee

Small bungalow - Rebuild or Reconstruct

The building work is currently at the basement but I have been asked to choose bathroom items, anyone has a good supplier / brand to recommend?

For living room floor, architect has proposed Volakas white marble. Anyone has feedback on this material please? 

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Find the designs of bathroom fittings you like and then search for where you can buy them locally. If budget is not an issue, can always buy Toto or those German brands. Is sanitary fittings part of your building contract? If yes then you need to check with your builder on what can be chosen unless you opt to top up the price difference.

volakas marble is mainly white with darker grey veins so search online for photos and see if you like the look of the marble or not. Marble is very nice but you also need to maintain it. After installation, make sure to polish and seal it properly. Also any spillage must be wiped off immediately to prevent staining. The sealing of marble buys you time for clean up but doesn’t mean it prevents the spilled liquid from penetrating the marble if left for some time. Other than that, regular cleaning with water should be done to maintain the shine as well. In short, clean marble like any other type of tiled flooring but take special care when it comes to spills. 

I am guessing choosing bathroom items now mainly concern the type of WC system you intended to use. Conceal system or external cistern type. For the external cistern type, the plumbing sub-con will need to know the floor trap distance from the wall. This will be easier for them to lay the pipes with the proper distance before the basement floor casting is complete. 
Volakas marble is nice! Especially the gold vein Volakas.

Yes i am asked to choose items now because some bathroom items affect the piping. There is a PC sum in the contract for these items and if I exceed the sum then have to pay the difference. Until I was sent the quotations (by local suppliers) I didn’t realise how expensive imported European brand taps, sinks etc are!! Bath tub especially super expensive!!

Look out for sale items

i bought a bathtub from ferrara for $300. Also bought a stainless steel kitchen sink from them at $250. Both are project excess stock. 

Experienced homeowners/experts,

I am looking for recommendations for sub-contractor to install ceiling speakers and wifi boosters. Please could you share names of any contacts you would recommend?

On 4/11/2022 at 6:57 AM, wannabee said:

After 8 months, can see the shape of the house now! 

154E7113-D20D-4AE0-9BD9-58F9ABA08749.jpeg

Looks good! Wondering though... the setback from the gate looks quite short. Or is this the side view?

2 hours ago, Topline said:

Looks good! Wondering though... the setback from the gate looks quite short. Or is this the side view?

should be side view. very expensive house.🤑

8 hours ago, snoozee said:

should be side view. very expensive house.🤑

Haha, no it’s the standard 7.5m setback, it’s just the angle of the photo. This one may be more accurate view.

2DC2964F-0697-4BCE-9E62-7E640D667256.jpeg

11 minutes ago, wannabee said:

Haha, no it’s the standard 7.5m setback, it’s just the angle of the photo. This one may be more accurate view.

2DC2964F-0697-4BCE-9E62-7E640D667256.jpeg

haha ok. perspective playing tricks on the eyes. you got permission to cut down the tree in front or it wouldn't affect your driveway access?

1 hour ago, snoozee said:

haha ok. perspective playing tricks on the eyes. you got permission to cut down the tree in front or it wouldn't affect your driveway access?

Snoozee, you are very sharp. We received approval to change the front access to the house so the tree will have to be moved.