Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Denyr

Need electrical cost advise

Hi, on my invoice, I am quoted 10A lighting points, but there wasn't any rewiring done, I.e., used back same wire and change socket. Is this still counted as lighting point or should be socket replacement instead? And if so, what's the expected cost? Also, for power points, is it counted by gang or point? It seems that the contractor is charging by point (13A) irregardless whether is single or double. Thanks in advance.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi, has anyone made the mistake of hiring a non licensed electrician?
Because I was under the impression that the electrician will advise me based on the HDB guidelines. =_=!! And will provide their license when asked.

I know HDB guidelines says that we do not need permit for rewiring and changing

Story goesGot a resale flat and went ahead to get a quotation from a friend's electrician. I've been to his house and office, the work was quote okay so I didn't get 2nd opinion and his price was alright. So went ahead. After doing the rewiring, I wanted him to submit for SP testing. He told me will incur extra cost and that he has to readjust some points and even the height of the DB box. O_O  I already paid him for the rewiring and installation of my electrical fittings. So now I'm stuck!

Can someone advise me what's the next step to proceed.